Jaz Dahabeya
Dahab Plaza Hotel(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$23
US$21
US$53
US$41
Hotels.com
US$40
US$35
Happy Life Village(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$39
US$38
  • Breakfast included
Tropitel Dahab Oasis(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$28
US$64
US$62
Priceline
1,063 results
All reviewsanimation teambeach barwater poloevening entertainmentspecial thankshotel beachkite surfersharry nasslagoon areafantastic hotelkids clubnice holidaymain restaurantrestaurant staffsharm elblue holemizo
Reviewed 22 August 2014

There were 7 in our party, my husband, 2 friends and my son, daughter in law and grandson (age 14). We arrived at the hotel in the late evening and were greeted by the reception staff who remembered us from last year. They had everything ready for us and arranged for our cases to be taken to our rooms while we had a drink in the bar. Our friend Mahmoud Elshami had also stayed behind after work to see us, as he knew we were coming back. When we went to our rooms, the hotel staff had left us plates of food and a lovely bottle of wine.
What can I tell you about this hotel and why do we keep coming back? The hotel is in a beautiful location in the lagoon area of Dahab, the pool and beach are a stone's throw from your hotel room. The hotel is clean, the food is excellent and there is always plenty to eat. The hotel staff are kind, caring and helpful, it doesn't matter who you talk to.
The restaurant is looked after by SammI who was always there to welcome us. The staff in the restaurant Diaa and Amin were always smiling and having a laugh with us. Our drinks were always on the table waiting for us as they saw us walking to the restaurant. The service at the pool and beach bars was excellent - no queues - the staff couldn't do enough for us, especially Keroles who was there about 13 hours a day and was still smiling at the end of the day. He was like our own private bartender. Fantastic person. The animation team Motaz and Kimo were superb and even I joined with the botcha and aqua gym. Even if you don't join in they spend time with you. They are always laughing and joking and beware of the sabotage water pistol - it's lovely on a very hot day.
While we were there my daughter in law who was pregnant was taken ill (nothing to do with Egypt or the hotel) and had to go to hospital. All the staff were very concerned about her and continually asked how she was. The hotel reception called the resident doctor to come see her and also arranged transport for her to the hospital. Our friend Mahmoud (in his own time) met my son and his wife at the hospital to ensure everything was ok. The reception staff arranged for the mini bus to transfer my son to and from the hospital, Maher the bar manager visited the hospital (again in his own time) and took fruit and water and Motaz also went to the hospital after he finished work at 11.30pm and offered to take my son into town for something to eat. Where would you get this care and attention in the UK - I don't think you would.
It is the people that make this hotel special and this is why we keep coming back and will be going back next year.

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. This year, the hotel was under - occupied - I don't know if people think Egypt is not safe - I can assure you that we have been to Egypt for the last 8 years and have not seen any trouble whatsoever. This was our 3rd holiday to this hotel and it felt like coming home. The people are so friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a poolside room which is also close to the beach. Pool and beach have plenty of sun loungers.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for choosing Iberotel Dahabeya to spend your holiday.

My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Once again I feel compelled to write a review about this amazing hotel and its amazing staff. This is my third year and 6th visit to the hotel. Why? Because from the minute we arrived we were welcomed back like family. I would name everyone individually but it would be a very long list to name all the staff, I could not say a bad word about any of them. Keroles on the bar works long hours but always stays cheerful and will happily sing all day which just lifts anyone's spirit. Sammy, Diaa and Ameen make meal times such fun with their welcomes, smiles, jokes and friendliness. The three lifeguards/pool guys are amazing and keep the pool clean and safe. But if you have read one of my reviews before you will know my heart is with Mizo and the Animation guys for their hard work, fun and interaction with all the guests of all nationalities and ages. Over the years things have had to adapt with the animation due to room occupancy (not their fault Thompson only wanted to go with mainstream Sharm when people were scared of Egypt) so the animation are always ready to entertain the guests anyway. They have a new animation hut which is good but it would be nice if some other equipment such as the speakers were replaced next as I love the mix of music they play but they were always tweeking it to get it to work. It would also be good at low occupancy if there was a games area with Xbox or play station with a selection of games that are booked out by room number for safe return or something as when it is quiet or the acts for the older generation (guitarist or singer) are on only billiards are available. The animation team would be able to interact more with the kids. It is the 21st century after all. As a business owner it is good that there is Wifi in reception or the beach bar so I could stay in touch with customer and staff, top up are available at a really decent price. We had both mine and my husbands birthday there this year as well as our wedding anniversary and because the birthdays were on our passports they made sure our day was special both times. Mizo and Kimo knew anyway so made sure they added to what the hotel does as standard with the cakes. Please visit this hotel which from the UK can be done through low cost holidays or travel republic if only to meet the friendliest, kindest, amazing staff I have ever met in any hotel anywhere in the world.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Iberotel Dahabeya to spend your holiday.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and has been passed to the relevant departments to follow up.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We asked kindly and for no fee our room was changed (we got a huge room, kingsize bed and a bit of seaview, huh). It was a high season so this was a nice surprise for us, so I want to thank the staff for being so nice. We were traveling as two couples, and as for our friends, they paid a small fee for a room swap but they got twice unhappy finding they not only had to pay but made a so-so decision, choosing a seaview room with a large balcony facing a playgarden. It was not so comfortable to take a nap after lunch (with the windows closed we still heard some noise), but overall it was still a wonderful room and we spent a few nights over a cocktail on the balcony watching stars and the sea.
The beach. Well, it's OK. I only wish the umbrellas were larger. :) And please, add more showers! just one near a surfing station is not enough i think. What else? The sea is good... The food you're offered? it's OK... The only sad moment are waiters and their service. Hunting for knives and napkins is a common thing there. You ask to change a plate and you end up piling plates one over another because no one is taking your finished dishes away. You will look for an escape to the town for sure, to dine, to take a walk over a bridge you know... that's what we did. And our stay was really remarkable.

Room Tip: If you do want a quiet stay, don't take seaview and poolview. Seaview rooms are facing a kid's playgarden. We were staying in 1222 room (second floor, the room is facing a passage between Iberotel and Ganet Sinai, has a microscopic balcony (for smoking only I think) and a tiny bit of seaview, but it's away from a playground, quiet, the room is spacious and very nice). Taking poolview rooms you are doomed with grill smoke every evening. The dinner is served near the pool so it's always crowded there at night.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Reviewed 5 August 2014

First of All, Dahab is the best place in South Sinai, if you really search for relaxing place, sea view don't hesitate to go Iberotel Dahabeya! i recommended strongly! it's a very small hotel, but very niceeeeee, very friendly staff!, i will speak about everything:
the beach is sandy and very nice, you can swim easily and it's very safe! i had a nice tan! :D
the pool is really nice and very cleaaaaan, you can enjoy the bar as well with sound music all the day!
the room was very nice, calm, pool view but the view from our balcony was amazing! you can see the sea and also the mountain around the hotel :) if you don't like anything in the room just ask for help and you will be very satisfied (check my photos) :)
the food was not nice for me, i didn't like the taste anyway, but believe me if you care about vacation don't stop on food just enjoy the rest of benefits in this hotel!
the animation time, they are very nice and friendly people! we had much fun with all oriental shows! everyday you can enjoy a different night!
At night you can easily go to down town for shopping, for a walk , for anything you want to do! just 5 min by car from the Hotel. If you don't have a car just ask about the Hotel's bus :)
You can also ask for boat tour, and choose what you prefer more! we took a boat like submarine and we saw coral of red sea (check photos) we really enjoy it!
Me and my husband we spent a very nice and relax holiday in this nice hotel! can't wait to go back again! and to discover more about South Sinai! Simply AMAZINNNNNNNNNNNG!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Iberotel Dahabeya to spend your holiday.

We are sorry to hear that the food at The Iberotel Dahabeya was not fully to your satisfaction. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and has been passed to the relevant departments to follow up, assuring you that we are working on updating and upgrading the food standards to meet our guests’ needs.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is so cozy and friendly which really makes it one of a kind is the hotel staff. They make sure to make you not only happy and enjoying your stay but also extremely happy and comfortable.
Making all your demands applicable, especially with little kids. The animation show is really nice and willing to help in any way.

Stayed: August 2014
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014