“Great value, friendly staff & owner”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Dahab Plaza Hotel

Dahab Plaza Hotel
Ranked #31 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Taupo, New Zealand
“Great value, friendly staff & owner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

I stayed here in May for a 3 week windsurfing holiday...after looking around on the net I decided to try the Plaza for a few days with the intention of staying on longer if the positive reviews were truthful...I ended up staying for the entirety of the trip as it was good value for money, a convenient location, wifi, breakfast included and they even done my laundry...Emad was great and Ill def stay there again...Adam

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

I came to Dahab 4 years ago and stayed in this same hotel, just came back to it again and the reason is that the service in this hotel is excellent, really second to none. The staff are so friendly and always do their best in sorting out promptly any problems you might have. And the owner of the hotel, Emad, is really a nice and trustworthy character, he always makes sure your stay is hassle free and will respond to your personal requests directly. That is something you never get in resorts. He is also constantly improving the facilities. He even built a beautiful swimming pool. That pool was not there 4 years ago. And a final word about Dahab: it is truly the golden jem of the Red Sea! It is the only resort where you feel you are in Egypt and it is so laid back with lovely sea-front restaurants. The diving is great but the windsurfing is excellent! One of the best in the world. There is a myriad of tours and activities in Dahab. I will come back to Dahab next year and will stay again in Dahab Plaza Hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Minsk, Minsk, Belarus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

We spent about 10 days of our honey moon in Dahab Plaza hotel in august 2012. It was really hot summer, that's why not many people were in the hotel. So it was very quiet and nice. we had had opportunity to choose room, had as many water as needed. Breakfast is included on the sea shore. Very nice and polite staff. Billiard, swimming pool and all of that for so low price.
So one year later decided to leave review as promised before leaving.

Room Tip: all rooms are the same.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

We couldn't fault Dahab Plaza Hotel. Emad and his staff were fantastic! I've stayed in Dahab before and loved it so much I decided to return. The rooms with a fridge, wi-fi, a/c and big bathrooms were just what we needed. We were offered tea, coffee and water every time we walked into the pool area where there are pool tables too. Highly recommend Emad and his place. We hope to return for more diving soon! Cam and Elisse.

• Stayed May 2013
Querceta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

I have been for 7 days in Dahab at the Hotel Plaza. The hotel is very family friendly and the manager is very courteous. It's placed in a strategic manner. Coming out of the back door to us in full pedestrian center. All Dahab and a few steps away. The building is horseshoe-shaped and everything and very private. No noise, no prying eyes. Whatever problem you just say two words to the holder (which I do not remember the name and I apologize) and that immediately resolved. Do not expect the Hilton ABUDABI, of course, but the structure and very, very comfortable, fridge in room, Air conditioning, WI-FI (5 AP inside the building), swimming pool very clean (daily maintenance). Full spirit Dahab. Fair prices. I'll be back without a doubt! Good Holiday.

Daniele (Italy)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

This was mine and my daughter's third time at Emad's. We enjoyed this trip just as much as we have the last two times. Such a relaxed atmosphere it really does feel like coming home. Dahab Plaza may be a budget hotel but the rooms are spotlessly clean, the beds are sooooooo comfortable and Emad's hospitality is second to none. The added bonus for us this year was the free wi-fi in every room, with great connectivity too.

The opening of the restaurant for breakfast on site is also a bonus, especially for anyone with an early morning start for an excursion.

Dahab is the most chilled out place in the world and that feeling starts with a stay at Dahab Plaza.

We'll be back in 2014 if not before!

Room Tip: Triple room with balcony
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Pickering, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

~Dec 2012

This review is long overdue. My apologies to the owner and staff of the hotel. I arrived via Nuweiba from Aqaba very early in the morning, before sunrise anyway. After a short sign-in Bahaa the manager showed me to my room so I could catch some sleep.

"Good Morning Mr. Mike!" as I come from my room and stare at the inviting pool just outside my door. "Coffee and breakfast is over there, relax", I'm liking this place already! Let me say, Emad who I met the second day, the owner and most gracious host has employed the best hotel staff I have ever come across. Always smiling, waving hello, asking how you are, do you need ANYTHING, these guys are the best. Don't kid yourself these guys are busy. Not only are they keeping the groungs and pool clean but they are making you breakfast, coffee/tea anytime, getting you water bottles, taking your personal laundry, and showing you the town of Dahab all for the simple price of 23us a night. Need something? they have it, will get it or find the best place for you to buy it.

The room had two singles, tv, wardrobe, ensuite with tub (Red Sea is a 3/5 min walk/stroll), towels and a fridge that can make ice! They pool was heated by the sun which is refreshing after a couple cold beers. Breakfast has 4-5 different choices and is tasty and plentiful. There is an outdoor pool table, table tennis, chill area with tv, and sheesha all included. I never went but there are also roof top areas with views of the sea.

Dahab is a beautiful little sea town which you will be shown and the best places to buy and eat will be pointed out as well as banking and liquor locations. The market is a minute walk and open 24/7. I only planned to stay for 3/4 days and ended staying 8, getting my scuba license(OWD) and a few other dives in as well. The hotel works with a dive company just a minute walk away, beside the market.

The guys working here are the best. When I needed earphones, they told me how much to pay and where, a chess set(wanted to play the boy from S.Africa), Emad found a place and Bahaa took me to the shop. Many an evening spent talking, eating together, playing pool or just showing pictures. It's no wonder how on some of Egypt's slowest tourist times this place has plenty of people staying. People from all over the globe, and of all types of units, families, friends, solos, couples, moms and daughters and everyone looked happy and acted friendly.

I cannot thank Emad enough, he helped me exchange money when I could not get any from the atms and when leaving he gave me his personal number for any problems or questions I might incur during my days in Egypt. I haven't visited cities twice, not ones halfway around the world anyway, but I feel I have left family behind and one day will return to stay with my friends again.

Mike
PS - "Morsi good...Yes?" LOL!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo