“bohemian retreat” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Fairhaven
“bohemian retreat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

My husband and I have just returned after our second stay at the Dahab Plaza. We spent 2 nights being well looked after by Emad's boys and lovely manageress Vila. As others have said, the hotel is very friendly and the staff are ready to help you in whatever way they can. On entering the courtyard one feels embraced by the wonderful karma of a place where time stands still. A selection of breakfast options are served from very early in the morning up 'til midday to meet the needs of the early rising diver and the late night survivor! We went down for ours at around 10 am, as we waited for our food to be prepared other guests were also drifting out from their rooms, a couple of surfers hanging out waiting for wind, a single lady and an older couple. Clearly the hotel appeals to a variety of people, its charm and standard is consistent with the bohemian nature of Dahab.

Room Tip: On recommendation from another frequent visitor to the Dahab Plaza we requested one of the rooms at...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Philadelphia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Really 3 ½ stars. Furnishings are rather dated but they seem to be making updates slowly. This is not a luxurious all-inclusive resort but I enjoyed it. Stayed here on 2 occasions while travelling around the Sinai peninsula. The 2nd time was like coming home. Great value for the price paid. Location is central to shops, restaurants in pedestrian area by the sea. Owner and staff are friendly and helpful with anything needed. Rooms are basic but clean and well maintained. Wifi signal is very strong. Lots of families with small children while I was there, but they didn’t disturb. Hotel atmosphere was very comfortable with an overall good vibe to the place.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank worldtraveller008
Darwen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

This was my second stay with Emad and his staff and the care and hospitality offered remains a feature of this unique hotel. It's in a lovely setting and is ideal as a warm sunny place to be based as you chill and recharge your batteries.The hotel is well situated a short walk from the main area of restaurants and shops.

You really do feel that you are staying with a relative rather than a hotelier as when you first arive Emad gives you a short tour and introduces you to friends and family who own or work in nearby businesses.Drinking water and laundery are provided free each day and every request is responded to though you need to recognise that time is a moveable feast and "in ten minutes" can mean variety of timescales depending on the challenge you are setting!

I had visited three years ago when the situation in Egypt was very diiferent and this time, both the hotel and Dahab in general, was very quiet.Local people and ex-pats were at pains to stress that the troubles elsewhere in the country had not impacted locally other than hitting them economically. From what I experienced I can vouch that this is still a jewel in the desert that can be enjoyed by the discerning tourist who wants an an alternative to the all inclusive expensive but boring luxury.that is available in Sharm and elsewhere.

Room Tip: There is a mosque accross the road from the hotel so rooms at the rear are quieter and you avoid bei...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

This was my second time visiting the Dahab, I stayed in several hotels. My friends recommended the Dahab Plaza hotel and it was a big lucky to me. I spent five wonderful days here. Everything was excellent. Perfect location, very good value for money. I got more for less money than in similar hotels. The hotel is brilliant clean, the rooms are nice and spacious. very helpful and friendly staff, you feel to spend time with your famíly or with your friends. In the future if I will travel to Dahab I will choose only this hotel and I recommend to everyone.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

came here with my mother in law and Fiancée we stayed for arround 4 nights.
during checking we made it clear that we needed a ground floor room for the Mother In law (mobility issues) she would have liked a double bed but there are non available on ground floor level she got a room close to the pool and was happy. we got taken to our room to find 2 single beds (requested a double) they said they would sort it out in the morning as we arrived sort of late (around 22:30) but to our surprised we got a knock and they had found us a room with a double bed so we moved.

we where shown to the local off license. and which way the beach was, we had been in Dahab many times before and know our way around fairly well but never ventured to this side of the bridge.

the breakfast does take some time to be prepared but no longer then i would take at the other Egyptian restaurants (the Egyptian way takes some time ;) ) we enjoyed our breakfast did noticed that this time there where allot of flies about but these could be seen every where not just the hotel.

We left and i decided to confirm my booking i had made for me and my brother to Return.

me and my brother Arrived and where straight away shown to our room

we enjoyed our stay together as well and didn't have any issues

i enjoyed a swim in the pool most nights and preferred using the pool side shower due to it being a better height for me then the shower in the room.

we ended up booking my brother in for an extra night as he was flying early hours of the morning. this was no issue.

great bonuses during my stays where the Free Wifi, Complimentary Water , we only had the coffee or tea with our breakfast and spend most of the days outside the hotel

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Greeted warmly by villa and hotel son gubara.
Wifi great, hotel facing beautiful mountain views.. Had a free shisha brought to us on the rooftop to watch sunset. Magic!
Breakfast is very tasty especially the huge and beautifully decorated Egyptian option! Free tea and coffee anytime.
And when the parties are starting in town you are nicely tucked away :)
2 minute walk to the beach which is great for snorkelling and just vegging out! We came all the way from Australia to check out the diving scene and we are already planning our next trip back :) love Dahab!! Cairo is quite fun too- although we were anxious to see if there was any trouble- none at all- we we to the Cairo museum which is right next to tahir square! Very peaceful!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Arrived at about 7pm, greeted warmly by Jevila and the owners son and quickly shown to our room. Needed to switch rooms as almost everything leaked in the bathroom! This was done without issues but with help from the owners son that evening.

Being on the main road, the view from the balcony was "interesting". We got to recognise most of the local animals, including camels, on their daily visit to the rubbish pick up point.

On the first morning breakfast was served slooowly, one of the staff running out to buy some food! We got used to this! The breakfast location could be better, too many flies.

The free laundry worked really well the first time and sort of worked the second time, it arrived just before we left to go to the airport.

Overall have few complaints about the Hotel, in fact lots of compliments! Would we stay here again, yes.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
DahabPlazaHotel, Owner at Dahab Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
I'm sorry for these mistakes that occurred upon arrival and I hope that these mistakes are not impacted on the trip and have spent a happy time after repair errors
I've been on a business trip outside the city and left my son is serving you even come back he does not have the experience in Fmamal management at the beginning of the road and I thought that I will give him the chance to be a good manager in the future
I repeat my regret and I promise that I will be always present to the oldest outstanding service which 're used to in the second home Dahab Blama
I hope those read this response that the place of Garbage is just 500 meters away and can be seen from the window overlooking the mountain , there is no such problems it is far first and secondly the state workers removed daily AM
Greetings to you ----General manager and owner - Emad Soleiman