“Brand new, clean and friendly”

Dahab Divers South Sinai Hotel & Dive center
Ranked #13 of 53 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Not only did we enjoy the nicely furnished and spotless room, but also the beautiful garden. Staff are very friendly and willing to help wherever they can. My pregnant wife and I stayed here for ten nights and were fully satisfied.
If you become bored by the breakfast (which is freshly prepared, however always the same), we recommend spicing it up with seasonal fruit!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fedoe

Reviewed 5 February 2012

I needed a week in the sun away from dull and grey London, but as a (newly) single female, was a bit nervous about Egypt, although I had heard good reports of Dahab. I've just come back (to the snow!) from 5 days there and all that I had heard was true, and more! I stayed at Dahab Divers, and, despite being probably the only person in Dahab who wasn't there to dive, found it the perfect place to base myself for my stay. It's beautifully clean, the swimming pool area is a real added bonus, and you can take your breakfast or just relax with the local cats and dogs in their peaceful courtyard area. The room was also very good value - clean, with a TV for when I wanted some background noise, minibar and two single beds. The location is also fantastic, right next to what rapidly turned into my favourite bar and restaurant, Yalla, and at what felt like the more vibrant end of the coast-front promenade (near the lighthouse) during this off-peak season. The staff were all extremely helpful at all times, and were only too willing to help out with anything, including cooking things for me to take in a breakfast box at 3.30am on a day trip to Petra that I took.

I'm a cynical Londoner who hates being hassled when I'm abroad, and the idea of a 'resort' holiday fills me with fear, so I shrank with horror from the package holiday crowds that I shared a plane with from Luton and feared the worst about going to somewhere where I thought I'd end up either lonely, bothered by people trying to sell me stuff, or stuck with WKD crowd on a trip out from one of the other Red Sea developments. Luckily, 99% of my fellow passengers seemed to head off to the bright lights of Sharm, and I ended up spending a fabulous few days meeting lots of independent and chilled out travellers, getting to be on first name terms with the Egyptians who ran the places that I ate at and who provided such good service (I particularly recommend using King Safari Dahab as your tour operator - they have 5 offices in Dahab and I went up Mount Sinai and to Petra with them - ask for Joseph, who is in the main office nearest Dahab Divers!), and just feeling so relaxed that I would thoroughly recommend Dahab, and Dahab Divers as your place to stay, to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank Anon858
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Very friendly and helpful service. The hotel is new and very clean, the staff is excellent in organising private tours. Everyone is relaxed. Extra wishes? Just ask for it and it will be arranged. You get value for small money. Book your acccomodation in Dahab at this place and you will be alright.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Snorkeler2012
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I just stayed a week at this hotel, and I liked it a lot. It had a convenient location very close to the Lighthose, and the promenade and the sea - 30 meters - but still quiet, and secluded. It is also in middle of both the main promenade with all the restaurants and shops (mostly identical) and the more quiet (and windy) beach promenade by the eel garden.
The rooms are simple, clean and quite large - and the diving fascilities and staff are great and very helpsome. A stay in Dahab is all often about diving, swinning and relaxing - and for these purposes Dahab Divers Hotel is great. If you want to do kiting or windsurfing, I would go for a hotel (resort style) in the Lagoon (3 km fom Dahab City).

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank bjoenn
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We have been before in Dahab, but wanted a relaxed place and good guides and a clean place! Showers after diving wonderful! Clean and warm! After that a coffee or tea from the bar and their is always someone behind it. At the counter you can ask everything, really helpful also with broken gear. In the evening if you forget something you will find someone of the dive center on strange guard.

On the photographs you can see an area that isn't finished, but it is NOW!!!! It's wonderful! There is now a swimming pool and new hotel rooms that look amazing!We have seen inside wonderful! Dutch quality furniture, good shower, nice lights. We don't know how breakfast will be because we eat somewhere else in the morning.

When we searched for a diving center. We didn't book at home. We wanted guide who take care of you and keep a look on the safety! Here was it all in one! We are advanced and because it was low season and the other divers where open water we dove together with only our guide Salaka! It was great! We saw wonderful places, he knew were to go. Although we have been here before we saw all new stuff. I love 'the Islands', 'The caves' and 'Ras Abu Talha'. The last one is like a garden of corals with millions of tiny fish. We also have seen the blue hole again and on advise of Salaka we went on the trip to Thisslegorm' Amazing! We dove at Yolanda Reef and Shark Reef too that day, Good ship, nice crew, good food, only don't forget your computer and torts. You will need them! At the center the diving finds place in small groups only. 6 persons at the most! The other guide are wonderful too, also really friendly and helpful. You will have a wonderful time here!

If you cross the street at the dive center there are lots of places to eat and drink. Wonderful after a dive. Their is also almost everywhere wifi for free, but you will have to ask. They have also good ice cream for the ladies ;-D ! Sorbet ice fruits and chocolate!

If you are there and can't find it, it's the opposite of the yallybar. Small entrance. On facebook you can find more pictures.
We will definitely comeback at this place! It's a all in one!

Room Tip: The new rooms we have seen!Although we haven't slept there! We don't know the old rooms! The...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank annevdwater
Reviewed 13 July 2011

This was an amazing place. Right by the water and many good restaurants nearby to indulge your tastebuds. My friend and I did our very first introductory dive at the dive center here and had the best instructor we could have. Funny, informative, and to the point. She was awesome.

The room itself was perfect for the three of us. A/C worked wonders but was only in the sleeping area. The bathroom just had a window so it was stifling hot there. But I'd rather be warm coming out of the shower than stinking hot trying to sleep. Breakfast was good too, though the cats of Dahab have to be watched.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank CoreyWaldner
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Only dived with Dahab Divers so can't speak for the accommodation, but I was very impressed with the dive shop set up: organised, professional, good gear, and the dive masters were absolutely excellent and very competent. Good clear briefings, mid-range price - $75USD for two shore dives, all gear. There are over 60 dive shops in Dahab apparently, some dodgy, some great: Dahab Divers definitely rank at the top.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple