“A beautiful haven away from home”
Review of Acacia Dahab Hotel

Acacia Dahab Hotel
Ranked #6 of 53 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I had a small idea of what to expect when travelling to Dahab by the many reviews and stories I have read. But nothing prepared me for what I experienced when I actually got there and Acacia Dahab played a wonderful role in my experience too. The service was awesome and the staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. My room was excellent and so was the food. I honestly think this is one of the best hotels in Dahab and I will definitely be booking there again the next time I go to Dahab. Dahab is beautiful and so safe! As a single female travelling I was a little concerned, but everywhere you go the people are just so lovely. Don't worry about what the news says, Dahab is a secret paradise on earth :)

Room Tip: Pool view/sea view rooms are the best :)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Reshael

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I've been to acacia for my 2nd time .. this hotel is nice place to spend a relax and a happy holiday with your family , staff were helpful & smiling >>I still remember some of them from my first visit specially Sam he is really friendly with all people .. we enjoyed the pool, the trips ( thanks for the reception guy who helped me to organize the trips) , the food, and the room that was very clean .. I highly recommend Acacia for you ;)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank feiwood
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is small but clean, only one step from the beach, the bar, the pool, the dining area. Very friendly staff, they become your family, especially the receptionist, he makes everything looks easy to do for you, and the food and beverage manager, he serves you with an amazing smile.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Myself and my sister stayed at the Acacia Dahab in early May.

The location, cleanliness and facilities at the hotel are just perfect. It is just a short walk from the centre of Dahab town up the coastal promenade. It has a beautiful pool area, with lots of greenery. Furthermore, it has a stunning bar/restaurant on the water's edge, and on a clear day you can see Saudi Arabia. It was such a peaceful and beautiful setting, made even more special by the warm welcome of the staff who we got to know during our stay; there was a real sense that it was a family owned and run hotel. The cleanliness of the hotel was faultless; the rooms, outside pool areas and reception were spotless. Our room was cleaned daily and we were particularly excited by the towel art in our bedroom, each day's design getting better and better! And the cocktails and burgers at the hotel restaurant were absolutely delicious. Will definitely be returning!

We would recommend you organise a hotel transfer from the airport, via the hotel. We emailed beforehand, a cost was agreed and it was included in our bill at the end. We were met in the departure area of the airport and had a very smooth transfer with Samir.

As an aside, we would recommend the Tea Garden Cafe opposite the hotel for stunning Turkish coffees; doesn't look much from the outside, but it is an oasis of outdoor hammocks and cushions.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Hussam E, Guest Relations Manager at Acacia Dahab Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Hi girls! Thank you so much for your lovely review. We have seen you really enjoyed your stay whilst being here, we hope you still think of Dahab and Acacia with fond memories. We hope to see you back here soon!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Recently, I had a friend visiting from Canada. I was so excited to bring him to Dahab and of course stay at the Acacia. As usual, the hotel and staff didn't disappoint me and welcomed my friend with open arms. We had a great stay and made the hotel our base for many exciting adventures. The rooms are always clean and comfortable and the breakfasts are awesome sitting looking over the Red Sea. The pool was clean and refreshing after a day of scuba diving or dirtbiking. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Dahab!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Hussam E, Guest Relations Manager at Acacia Dahab Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

We are very happy to hear you're never disappointed with our hotel and service and are even happier that you keep choosing Acacia Hotel as your base for your visits to Dahab. Thank you ever so much for the excellent review and glad to see you back soon.

Best regards,
Magda, Nienke and the Acacia Team

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I have just returned from eleven fantastic days in Dahab, four of which were on my own as my friend had to return to the UK for work. First of all, I'd like to state that Dahab is SAFE! As a lone female traveller I felt totally at ease. Please don't let security fears prevent you from visiting this wonderful place.

Acacia Hotel was a real find. It's in a great location (right by the ocean and very central), it's spotlessly clean (I have never witnessed so much constant cleaning), the staff are lovely and the food is delicious. Oh, and the showers are really powerful which is something you don't often get in Egypt!

Special mention must go to Mahmoud, Yousef, Anise and our room cleaner who did the most incredible towel art. He had us laughing every day! We really felt at home at Acacia and I'd heartily recommend it.

The only negative comment I have to make is that the hotel's on-site dive centre, Sea Dancer Acacia, has recently closed which means you must go off-site to dive. We were lucky enough to dive with Sea Dancer Acacia just before it closed and it was a great operation; very well run, lots of space and part of the hotel which made it ultra-convenient.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms with pool view and balcony are, in my opinion, the best ones. Spacious balconies an...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Hussam E, Guest Relations Manager at Acacia Dahab Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you so much for this excellent review! We are very glad you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, we loved having you here and look forward to seeing you again. Your greetings and thank you will be given to the staff. Dahab needs people reassuring that it is still safe, so thank you for the confirmation. We hope you will be back with us soon.

Magda, Nienke and the Acacia staff.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I was in Dahab at the Acacia hotel last week (20 to 23 April) with my family. This was our first time in Dahab and we have really enjoyed the place. Very relaxing. You should try some scuba diving at the three pools and the blue hole. This is just amazing. the Acacia hotel is great. Very well located next to Dahab main streets.People are very nice and helpfull. Ask Jimmy to organize you any type of activities. We asked him to organize a small boat to vist the bay and enjoy some scuba diving. Go to Dahab. It is really cool and people are waiting to welcome you!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

We would like to thank you for your review and are happy to read you have enjoyed Dahab and our hotel so much. You made the most out of you stay and hope you will do the same if you come back!