“A Good Budget Option” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jasmine Hotel & Restaurant

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dahab
Jasmine Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 29 Dahab B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“A Good Budget Option”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2011

Interesting reading the other reviews on this place... Personally I found it a quiet, comfortable budget option. Situated in Mashraba, Dahab and with a couple of rooms with sea views, this small Pension is certainly worth checking out. The rooms are on the small side, but are equipped with everything you need. As for the staff, I found them helpful and generally courteous.
The restaurant, though not the best on the strip, does a damn fine breakfast (thank you Mohamed) and has a varied menu.
Although I didn't use the dive center next door (I dived with Penguin), I heard good reports from others who did.

Room Tip: Speak to Tito
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank SoloDog

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Montréal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2011

Jasmine Pension and restaurant is such a nice place to stay. I stayed there 2 times in the last 2 years and I couldnt expect more. The general manager is called Tito and is very helpful to any tourist asking information!

The rooms are simple, but very clean. Its a good budget choice depending what you really want. A/C, TV satellite are options you can ask for.The restaurant is well situated just in front of the ocean and the view is stunning. The menu is also varied... delightful!

Try it and you'll want to extend your stay.

+ Positive

- ATM 1 min away.
-Bicycle renting.
-Trips available at the front desk... they make good prices. (Desert safari, motocross, trek to Mt. Sinai, etc.)
- Employees are very nice and will answer all your questions.
-15 min walking to the blue lagoon.

- Negative

-Sometimes there are cats hanging around the low tables of the restaurant. Ask for a water spray to scare them.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Francis K
Courtenay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2011

My husband and I stayed at JASMINE for 10 days...wishing we didn't have to go. Our Sea View room was very clean! ( I clean homes for a living in Canada) We had "fresh water"..not like most hotels that have salt water. The AC was great for cooling down,and the flat screen t.v. was great for watching movies when we wanted to come down from a hot busy day. Free wi-fi was great to have in the room. The staff at JASMINE greeted us with a smile every morning! They accomodated us for anything we needed....toilet paper,towels,bags etc. The senior cook took pride in what he was preparing...he made aa awesome chicken fahitta!,his vegetable soup had chunks of vegetables,his double king chicken burgers were awesome!! The younger staff(boys) served our dishes of food with a smile and at times had great conversations with them...fun talk and what they like in life.
We enjoyed our Shisha's and hot drink's in the lounge area...with a light breeze and the waves rolling in,it made a great relaxed environment.
We also liked the location of JASMINE...it was a quiet area!
We would stay here again....
Thank-you Tito and staff for a memorable stay with all of you.
Bernie and Toni-Lee from British Columbia,Canada...eh!

Room Tip: Front Sea View rooms with balcony are great!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tonilee66
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2011

This is my third stay at the Jasmine..... It provides clean, comfortable accomodation at a fair price.
The Restaurant is excellent, with the chef Ahmed and his team providing a wide range of dishes, freshly cooked to order.
The team are accomodating to the needs of any visitor, without being intrusive.
I would recommend this hotel to those discerning travellers who value charm, hospitality, good value and excellent food !

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Petra - Wadi Musa, Jordan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2011

The staff were always helpful. They booked a tour and a bus to the next town. The room was comfortable and had everything I needed - cable TV, AirCon, balcony with a sea view, the sound of the Gulf of Aqaba lapping the rocks below and a GREAT restaurant with fabulous food and drinks.

Room Tip: I rang before I arrived, but they had plenty.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Northumberland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2011

I had stayed here Feb/March 2009, travelling with friends, and had a basically good stay, tho' the whiff of change was in the air. While we were there, they had built a new, grander restaurant area -seemed to signal the way things were going.
Having read some TP reviews, I decided not to book but to suss things out when I got there. Things have certainly changed - and sadly, not in a positive way. One great change is in the staffing. Gemal, who had been manager (and an excellent one) when we were there, seems to have gone, and his replacements are truly dire. Both are nice enough guys, but need to be managed themselves, not to try and manage the hotel. They just haven't got the skills to, and are ruining the place. I shan't be going back.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NorthumberlandRosie
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2011

I've been to Dahab three times now and always stay at the Jasmine. It's at the quieter end of the strip - away from the tourists and the stores - so it's less commercial. The staff - Tito and Momo - are always great at welcoming me and connecting me with things to do in the area. The restaurant is great and the atmosphere nice and chill. Can't wait until my next trip back!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo