“Great place with lovely staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Beach Club

Blue Beach Club
Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“Great place with lovely staff”
Reviewed 22 January 2013

First trip to Egypt and I didn't want to stay in a large tourist resort - Dahab was an absolutely perfect resort. The Blue Beach hotel was a great base with wonderful, friendly staff with exceptional service levels. I stayed in a superior room which had fridge, TV, etc. The room is as you would expect in this price range, basic but exceptionally clean and comfortable with lovely Egyptian cotton bedding and comfy beds for a hotel. Housekeeping were amazing and the room was thoroughly cleaned every day with bedding being changed twice a week. Location of the hotel was great, 10 minute walk into the main centre so you are able to relax at the hotel and then get into the main hub quite quickly when you want to. The hotel have in house massage and Physio services which I can personally recommend. The onsite restaurant and food was great and also the hotel bar was a good place to chat with other holiday makers and the locals - this bar seemed to be popular with divers. Nothing was too much trouble for the hotel staff - sadly my friend broke her ankle mid holiday and the hotel staff were so supportive at such a stressful time. Their help with the medical institutions was invaluable. Love the blue beach, very relaxing and I will definitely return. Great location with lots to see and do - horse riding via their own professional stables, mountain bike hire, diving, dinner in the desert, good walks on the boardwalk that runs along the coast in front of the hotel or just relax by the pool/sea. I would highly recommend this little gem and can't wait to return, you feel part of an extended family whist staying there. Thanks for providing a venue for such a relaxing and supportive holiday. See you next year!

Help this venue and Dahab resort to flourish in such hard times with tourism being poor in this area. Well worth a visit. Don't be put off by stories you might hear, it is perfectly safe.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Also this time we left we were in paradise! Rooms clean and swept everyday. ATM Just infront of the hotel. Bar at the beach were you can have a beer, real english pub. Good breakfast with great service. We had a room at the streetside, we could switch after a few days to a courtjard room, but because these are smaller also the bathroom we stayed in the streetrooms. We were also not in need of a fridge or tv so it was no need.
As you can see in the pictures they have books to borrow for the guests. At the reception is always someone most of the time is there a very friendly lady!!!! She is the future of Egypt! She is in Dahab one of the two ladies we saw working in the public area. The other works at the postoffice. Real example!
The personal was again very friendly and helpfull. We got again towels for the swimmingpool and when you return them you get fress ones. In the street is next to the hotel a small store were you can buy you one water. That's more cheap then the hotel, just a tip.
They got serveral reviews this year and we saw also the sign of tripadvisor! So this is the place you have to go also in 2013!

Room Tip: This hotel has two sides with rooms. One side is in the courtjard and the other is and the other sid...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Gloucestershire, England
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Yes, we've been here before and keep coming back.

It's conveniently located for Dahab centre and the dive centre I use. It's clean, with good food.

The rooms are not luxurious, but comfortable and suit us well. We have the 'superior' room, with air conditioning, fridge and there's also a decent TV.

Yes, I'm sure we'll be back!

Thanks to everyone at the Blue Beach Club for helping us enjoy our stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Cotswolds
Reviewed 10 January 2013

First time in Egypt and Sinai. Lived up to other reviewers comments. Really relaxing place for a first timer. Great access to beach and the boardwalk all the way along to main centre of Dahab.
The restaurant was good for buffet breakfast and throughout the day service.
Dont miss the night with the Bedouins in the desert.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I went to the Blue Beach Club as part of a yoga holiday so hadn't looked around for a hotel. I can only say positive things about the hotel. I was in a standard room as it suited my needs (no tv as I wanted to get away from the world). It had plenty of room and was cleaned to a high standard.

The restaurant on site served delicious and reasonably priced food. They were wonderful at being accommodating of my restrictive dietary needs. Breakfast was a great selection of fresh foods.

Other facilities were also good and there's a little shop next door for picking up bits you might need.

However, what makes the place so special is the staff. They were all so friendly and helpful. I've never stayed anywhere that staff have known my name and even come to say good bye to me when I left in the transfer mini bus to the airport. That said they are not intrusive but as a social person I got to know some of them quite well.

Some people were worried about my safety before I left but I had no problems at all. Travelling as a single female I never felt uncomfortable or worried. Lots of people try to sell you things in the town but while they may seem pushy they mean well. All of the troubles in Cairo didnt impact on my trip at all and tourists were made very welcome in the town.

Oh yes, the yoga - both the organised group and the local classes were fantastic.

I would definately go back to Blue Beach Club and can't recommend it enough!

• Stayed December 2012
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Ignore news reports about 'trouble in Egypt', this is the most peaceful place I have ever been. My room was comfortable and cleaned every day. The hotel itself has great facilities and amazing staff, I highly recommend you visit for yourself.

• Stayed December 2012
Paris, France
Reviewed 18 December 2012

This was my 5th stay at the Blue Beach.
This hotel has 2 emplacements : one we call the "old building" with some rooms with sea-views
the "new building is across the street and has "desert view".
I, of course have tried both. The old bldg has charm & patina. The new one has maybe better shower system, furniture & deco are similar, simple and bedouinly beautiful.
The staff is incredibly nice.
You are in the village but not in the middle of the noise and crowd of the "center" (5mn walk to get to the center).
I'll always go back to Dahab, was there this past november.
I add that i am french so very difficult to please !!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Catherine B
Dahab2008, Owner at Blue Beach Club, responded to this review, 29 December 2012
Dear Catherine,

Thanks so much for once again staying with your Dahab family. We thank you for your kind words and loyalty to Blue Beach Club. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future and wish you all the best!