See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I booked Blue Beach for a two night stay when I had relatives come and visit me in Sharm El Sheikh.
I decided to book the 'family' suite - which was great. We were given one of the two 'suites' in the new building across the road. Our rooms were directly off of the reception which was great for my Aunt - who with a hip and a knee replacement doesn't like climbing stairs if she can help it.
Both rooms were large and airy, and very nicely decorated. One room had twin beds and the other a double - each with their own shower room and a/c. There was an interconnecting door between the rooms.
Outside each room was a little terrace with a table and two chairs that looked over the lawn.
It was a very short walk across the road to the pool/bar/restaurant/dive centre.
We were provided with a beach towel each too.
The breakfast included in the price of the room was fantastic. A continental buffet with the added option of an omelette prepared to your liking on demand.
We had lunch one day too - deciding to be lazy and not walk down the sea front into the main drag, The food was delicious, reasonably priced and beautifully presented. We couldn't fault it.
I decided to do a couple of dives on my first morning there and even with less that 24 hours notice the owner/manager Khaled found an instructor to take me out and we headed to the Canyon and Blue hole the next morning. A fantastic onsite service.
I heartily recommend this hotel. Budget prices, but not budget rooms, with excellent service and a very warm welcome.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Manti_75
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I am an American teacher living and working in Cairo. Due to a delay in school starting, I took a trip to Dahab...PERFECT getaway. And there are no problems here at all. Everything is calm, relaxing and peaceful. The locals are charming and friendly and not aggressive at all. Some absolutely amazing snorkeling. I'm not a diver so the snorkeling suits me just fine. The water of the Red Sea is crystal blue and turquoise...stunning. The boardwalk along the beach is full of restaurants and little shops. Okay, on to the hotel.
The Blue Beach is charming and quaint and not over priced at all. Ask for a room on the top floor with an ocean view. The beds are firm but that's okay with me. The much needed a/c works fine but has a little annoying flashing light. Some outside light does come through a door window and if that bothers you, just put a towel over it. Bring your own toiletries as well. The staff is outstanding and friendly and will go out of their way to be helpful. I did not partake in the yoga classes but hear that they are great as well. The breakfast buffet was simple but has a decent variety. I did not eat at the hotel restaurant as there were to many options on the boardwalk. The shisha was a great way to wind the night down. All in all, I highly recommend a trip to Dahab with a stay at the Blue Beach. Only disappointment is that a side trip to St. Katherine's Monastery was closed.

Room tip: Ask for a room on the top floor with an ocean view and ask for a superior room.
Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Had a wonderful few days here back in May - very nice room with a small but satisfying view of the ocean. Great bar right on the water - very relaxing place to sit and read/chill out. Great yoga facilities at top of the hotel - the only shame was that we couldn't look out at the ocean as we did yoga, and it got a bit hot/mosquito-filled up there, but it was still a very good experience. Would recommend this place for anyone going to Dahab.

Room tip: Worth the upgrade for the sea-facing room
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Blue Beach. Khaled, Sita, Hany, Ramen and the rest of the staff made us feel like we belonged - very friendly, relaxed vibe. We spent most of the week diving with Khaled (Blue Realm dive school is on the hotel premises). He is very informed about the local area, incredibly safety conscious and respectful of the reefs. We took a day trip up to Sharm to dive the Tarim straits - highly recommend this, as well as the trip to Gabrellbent. His daughters were around the place too, which added to the family-run feel. The room was clean, the staff were really helpful and there are two bars on the premises - the rooftop at the beach bar is nice at night. We had a massage with Cirrie on sight at the hotel which was excellent. The restaurant was not open when we were there and the pool does have a lot of chlorine in it, but it's nice and clean with good sunbeds etc...overlooking the ocean. We will definitely go back to Blue Beach and dive with Blue Realm again. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2013

just a few words to sum my stay up:
the hotel, seaside, was unbelievable noisy. It was a building site for big renovations.
Cause of this, the restaurant was claused.
At the pool full of chlorine (underwater impossible), paint odors and big noise...
In my room, a door was with a blue window and no drape. Result: wake up at 04:15 in the morning, cause of the sun. I told them and they hanged a white sheet ... No comment.
Every night, I heard a strange noise. I understood the last night: water was falling from the air co on my bed... Problem with the washbasin: impossible to "close" it Easy for shaving, with a cup of boiled water.
Nobody ask you if everything is ok.
Hopefully for me, I was gone (diving) for the most part of the time.
The staff was really kind, good cleaning service.
I think, in this case, they have to close a part of the hotel and say before reservation what's happening.
30 meters further, on the right side of the hotel , a new hotel is in construction...

Date of stay: June 2013