“Another great stay, thank you”
Review of Blue Beach Club

Blue Beach Club
Ranked #20 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Gloucestershire, England
“Another great stay, thank you”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Blue Beach is comfortable and unpretentious.

It was good to have a quick response to my query about my booking this year. Yes, we’ve stayed there before and expect to go back again.

There was a hiccup over breakfast, as the hotel was quite and initially not offering the usual choices. I mentioned this to them and the following morning all was as we like again.

Why haven’t I rated it as excellent? The rooms are comfortable and clean. I’ve already said it’s unpretentious; some routine maintenance would lift the rating. The door needed good push/pull to open as it caught on the floor (as did the balcony door, I recall), my daughter’s door catch was, erm, sloppy (the strike plate was missing), the air conditioning was a little temperamental – that’s all for starters. All this won’t stop us going back. Some of the alternatives look OK but many are still works in progress (as much of Dahab seems to be, except that progress is verrry slow).

The location is good, being edge of the main town area (not that it’s a big town!) and it’s convenient for some good restaurants further along the beach as well.

Room Tip: Select a 'superior' room
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We had 4 nights here in November and had a wonderful time. Our room was clean and very pleasant. The staff cannot do enough for you, and there transfer service is fantastic. there is a very nice pool and the Red Sea is only 10 metres from the hotel. The food in the Restaurant was good if a little limited in range, and the Breakfasts were more than adequate,
We will definitely be returning next year.

Room Tip: If you like cats this is the hotel for you!!! There are quite a few in the hotel all of which are on...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Clean, nice rooms, and very friendly and accommodating staff. Nice hotel area right by the beach and with a pool and two pubs. I had a superior room on the first floor and it had a balcony with sea view, a fridge and a (small) TV. I felt that the stay became personal - the staff were friendly and interested in you and they really made an effort to ensure I had a good stay. I had to make changes to my booking, and the hotel manager fixed it without hesitation. There were drop in yoga and zumba classes (didn't try it though).

Room Tip: First floor rooms had a sea view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

This is an amazing and relaxing resort at a very reasonable price. They picked me up at the airport in a nice van and my room even included a great breakfast. The staff is soooo friendly! I'll be back. Everything you need is right here. Thank you for an amazing week!

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
London
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I have just returned from Dahab and spent 12 nights at this hotel, at the time of booking I researched a number of hotels near to the town center and read a number of reviews on Tripadvisor...

I booked a Superior room and having seen the photos of the rooms on various sites including this one I was excited and thought what the hell its worth spending the extra...

How wrong was I... The 'Superior' room I was given was more than a little tired, paint peeling off the walls, cracks in the shower, rusted pipes leaking brown water into the shower, ant infestations, poor house keeping, non working air conditioning and the best of all SALT WATER used for the taps and shower...!

I was highly disappointed with my choice in hotel but not all was entirely bad, the reception staff were very polite, friendly and always at hand to answer any questions, the only problem was if you had an issue you would have to leave your room, walk downstairs, across the road and speak to reception face to face as the room had no phone line!

However once at reception the issues were fixed without any hesitation, Air con was fixed once I raised the question and a standard room was also offered for the night, I didn't take it but had a look and to be fair it looked far more superior than my 'Superior' room.

I was informed that they were upgrading the rooms in stages, just wished they had started with the Superior rooms first!

Ant infestation was dealt with that same day, came back to find a load of them dead in the bath room, I guess house keeping left them there to prove they killed them as they did with the mess after fixing the air con...

Food wise, the breakfast was limited, toast and boiled eggs each day with a selection of processed meats and some cheeses. Had dinner once in the hotel, ordered a burger but it was not to my liking due to a strange smell in the meat. (Not even the cats ate it!)

This place has potential and hopefully once all the rooms are renovated it will look like the photos posted, until then its far from what is advertised... Also hope they upgrade the house keeping staff as the rooms were not fully cleaned, nor do they leave you any loo paper, meaning you have to make the trip to reception each time you run out... (4 days of having to get your own loo roll takes the you know what!)

On a positive note the grounds were spotless and well maintained as was the pool area.

Yes I will return to Dahab but next time will use a proper hotel!

Room Tip: stay in the standard room as its not worth upgrading to superior
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Unicornbud
Larnaka City, Cyprus
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We arrived by small mini bus arranged by the hotel from Sharm very late - 1am. The room was not the double we had booked, but we were moved the following morning. The room was very clean, but a little tired, the air conditioning worked very well. We had a great sea view and the fridge was very useful to keep the drinks cool. A very easy short stroll to loads of restaurants all very reasonably priced and clean. I don't think the pool is suitable for young children as the only entry is very steep steps, also the shallowest depth is waist deep and in the deep end you can't touch the bottom. There is no life preserver and nothing to say how deep the water is, but the pool seems to be very clean.
The staff at the Blue Beach we very helpful and we hope to go back next year. I am only sorry that the troubles have caused so many tourists to stay away. I certainly felt very safe even on the hours journey from Sharm - there were 3 tourist police check points along the way.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jinja, Uganda
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The Blue Beach Club was really nice. In the superior rooms you have a fridge, and a TV, and slightly better air con. We had an ocean view room, which was nice, but you kind of get the feeling it isn't altogether clean. The swimming pool is small and nice, but the breakfast isn't spectacular. You cant swim in the sea directly outside the hotel, but a five minute walk, and you have a swimming area and an shore based coral reef. Their are some good restaurants nearby, and 20 minuets walk away, there's a supermarket with everything you could possibly need. We went their recently, and Dahab is very very safe. If you don't like cat and dogs though, I wouldn't recommend Dahab, because there are several harmless strays walking around. The snorkelling is VERY good, and I heard diving at the blue hole was great, but we just came to get our divers licence.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family