“Simply the best place to stay in Dahab!”
Review of Blue Beach Club

Blue Beach Club
Ranked #20 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Milan, Italy
“Simply the best place to stay in Dahab!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

After four years we returned to Dahab and the Blue Beach Club and we can confirm it is still as warm and friendly as ever, there are some fab new rooms (with aircon!) over the road, the food is still great (try the steak and the nachos!), the beers are served cold at the beach bar, the pool is fresh and the staff do everything to make you feel at home! Nothing is too much to ask.....(try a Swedish massage with Cirrie or a yoga class?!) The location, right by the beach a 5 minute walk from Lighthouse, just out of the centre is perfect and so was our stay....we will definitely return....again soon!

Room Tip: the new rooms over the road are really nice & quiet, we had a ground floor room with a little te...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I have just returned from a second very enjoyable stay at Blue Beach Club - after having a great time there last year I booked again and wasn't disappointed. The location is great - right by the beach and away from the touristy stretch. The staff are super friendly and helpful - we upgraded to a superior room to get a sea facing balcony and fridge which was well worth it. The stay was excellent value and no doubt I will be back again soon! The breakfast is always served with a big smile and I miss the pancakes already. The beach side bar is one of the best in Dahab for atmosphere and friendly people. It's also really nice to have a clean swimming pool to relax beside and enjoy the sunny atmosphere of Dahab.

Room Tip: It's worth paying the tiny supplement for a superior room to get the sea view, fridge and safe.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
london
Reviewed 1 March 2014

The room was lovely, and the hotel and very efficient and friendly. I was here alone and felt perfectly comfortable. The reception staff are especially the reception staff.
I only ate dinner there once, my only negative. Moment is that it took so long for my order to come I never ate there again! But other than that I'd stay again.... Thanks!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Just returned from blue beach club Dahab , nice clean hotel , staff very helpful We stayed in a superior room although I would class it as standerd nothing like the pictures on website but it was clean also the website says free wifi that's only available in public areas I.e the bar and restaurant .The breakfast was nice although the choice was a bit limited but that could be because we went out of season The location is perfect right on the beach and a couple of minutes walk from the main beach front . Overall very relaxing holiday .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I previously stayed here in 2012 and returned in December 2013. As before I upgraded to a superior room which was worth it for the fridge. (It's described as a mini-bar fridge but is empty for you to put your own drink in.)

The room was very clean and the bed comfy. The hotel backs on to the sea so I have a lovely view from my balcony. There was less selection for breakfast than during my previous stay but on mentioning this at reception the selection was increased the following day.

The hotel is in a great location, being close to the centre of Dahab without being right in all the noise. I will certainly go back.

I would comment that both hotel and Dahab itself was much quieter than during my previous stay, presumably because people are put off due to potential security concerns. There was absolutely no sign that anything had changed either in Dahab or in Sharm el-Sheikh and no sign of any unrest or danger to tourists.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a superior room for the fridge.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Gloucestershire, England
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Blue Beach is comfortable and unpretentious.

It was good to have a quick response to my query about my booking this year. Yes, we’ve stayed there before and expect to go back again.

There was a hiccup over breakfast, as the hotel was quite and initially not offering the usual choices. I mentioned this to them and the following morning all was as we like again.

Why haven’t I rated it as excellent? The rooms are comfortable and clean. I’ve already said it’s unpretentious; some routine maintenance would lift the rating. The door needed good push/pull to open as it caught on the floor (as did the balcony door, I recall), my daughter’s door catch was, erm, sloppy (the strike plate was missing), the air conditioning was a little temperamental – that’s all for starters. All this won’t stop us going back. Some of the alternatives look OK but many are still works in progress (as much of Dahab seems to be, except that progress is verrry slow).

The location is good, being edge of the main town area (not that it’s a big town!) and it’s convenient for some good restaurants further along the beach as well.

Room Tip: Select a 'superior' room
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We had 4 nights here in November and had a wonderful time. Our room was clean and very pleasant. The staff cannot do enough for you, and there transfer service is fantastic. there is a very nice pool and the Red Sea is only 10 metres from the hotel. The food in the Restaurant was good if a little limited in range, and the Breakfasts were more than adequate,
We will definitely be returning next year.

Room Tip: If you like cats this is the hotel for you!!! There are quite a few in the hotel all of which are on...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple