Tropitel Dahab Oasis
US$44
US$41
US$40
Great 4.5/5
Star Of Dahab Hotel(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$30
US$29
US$90
US$61
Great 4.5/5
Happy Life Village(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$39
US$38
  • Breakfast included
The Bedouin Moon Hotel(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$31
US$27
Great 4.5/5
Ibis Styles Dahab Lagoon Hotel(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$48
  • Breakfast included
Ecotel Dahab Bay View Resort(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$64
US$62
Priceline
1,318 results
All reviewsmr joeblue holefishthe hotel shoplobby barthe general managershuttle busrelaxing holidayplenty of sunbedscoral reefevening entertainmentbedouin tentthe hotel managernight lifequiet hotelrestaurant staffspecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Just had a week break in the tropitel dahab oasis. very good value, nice clean room, (though the mattress was a bit hard), food was ok, not brilliant, but good for all inclusive. staff were friendly and helpful. the hotel is right on the beach, with two diving shops at either side of it, if thats your thing, diving and snorkelling were great - just jump into the sea off the pier and you are on the coral with loads of colourful fish all around. its also close to the blue hole, a well known dive and snorkel site.

one downside was that there was a lack of entertainment in the evening. that said i was there to relax and not be on a big wrecker so not a massive issue to me, just bear it in mind that in the evening all there is to do at the resort is the hotel bar. smoking is allowed inside in Egypt, so we ended up smelling of cigarettes whenever we did go to the bar. that said you can get a free bus into town at 8pm though, and taxis back are about £3, so if you do want a late drink thats a good option. Its a quiet resort, so i guess its better that the nightlife is elsewhere.

all in all a really good trip, nice and cheap, relaxing, thoroughly recommended

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a pool view - better views - you can see the sea over the pool. If possible upstairs as you can get some sun on the balcony
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Neil E
Reviewed 15 January 2012

All staff very helpful got well looked after house reef great will be goin back.

• Stayed: December 2011
4  Thank carolwills
Reviewed 10 January 2012

The Tropitel is in a good location with it's own beach area (some of the other hotels in that area are on the other side of the road from the beach) and well away from the town of Dahab. The location was peaceful with a great view over the Gulf of Aqaba to Saudi Arabia.

The rooms were a good size, clean and had everything that you would want. For me, the beds were much too hard - I don't think I had a single night where I slept all the way through the night. Also, there don't seem to be many rooms that have double beds and the single beds are built on fixed plinths, so they could not be pushed together. So, some holiday activities may be curtailed slightly! One other small thing - the shower curtain was not fixed so that it hung to the edge of the tray, with the result that is clings to you when trying to shower. I would recommend taking a mosquito repellent as we had a couple of persistent little ones in our room.

The food was overwhelmingly average. There was always a good selection and whilst it was all OK, it is not going to win Masterchef. I think they would do better to have more local dishes rather than trying, and mostly failing, to provide "international" dishes. They seemed to have a theme each evening, but the theme was not always obvious. Egyptian night was easily the best.

There was no evening entertainment provided apart from a "beach party" with local musicians and dancers on Sundays, for an extra charge. There is pool available in the bar area for an extra charge, but the tables weren't levelled very well, which made for some interesting playing conditions. Internet access is available for an exorbitant extra charge.

The pool area was nice and was more sheltered than the beach - Dahab is rather prone to wind.

The staff at the hotel were all very friendly and helpful and they didn't seem to have any problems with the range of languages. They seemed particularly good with the children.

Finally, there is an excellent dive centre at the hotel, which I would heartily recommend.

So, in conclusion, this is a great value place to stay, and if it weren't for the one or two small issues, would easily rate a good rather than an average.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rick61
Reviewed 9 January 2012

My friend and I stayed at tropitel dahab oasis in March 2011.
I have been a visitor to dahab for several years but this was my first time at the tropitel.
On arrival in the evening a basket of fruit was brought up to our room to welcome us.

The room was clean and spacious and had a beautiful sunny balcony overlooking the pool and a sea view.

We had a booked the half-board option, which was excellent, plenty of choice and times to eat, the barbecue and speciality nights were especially delicious.
We did go into dahab most evenings, and tried out some of the restaurants there, the taxi,s were cheap.
But what made this holiday were the staff at the hotel. They were friendly and courteous without being overbearing, always smiling and joking with us as well.
We would sit and have tea with the lovely guys in the shop who are so funny, and the hi-light for me was our trip into the desert and canyons with the best tour guide in Egypt - Pucci - he is based at the hotel, and the groups were kept small, but the amount of detail and information he gave us made an amazing trip to some beautiful scenery and an interesting, funny and unforgettable experience.
I hope to visit dahab again this year and would definetly go back to tropitel dahab oasis.

Room Tip: Ask for a sunny balcony
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank kozza
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I've just this second returned from my eight visit to Egypt and my first to Dahab.

Firstly Dahab is what Sharm was a few years back before it went mental with hotels and stress, so straight away that was a winner for me.

Upon arrival at the hotel we were welcomed with drinks and shown our rooms. My immediate (and shallow) first impression was it was on the surface, the worst hotel I'd stayed at in Egypt-normally they've been big and grand, marble everywhere and polished surfaces, but this humble little hotel lacked all of that. However within days it had won me over! The staff are super friendly, the food cooked well, yeah it's a bit same old same old but it was nice! The winner for us though was the AMAZING HOUSE REEF, I've never stayed somewhere like it! Incredible! If you love fish, then this should be your hotel!

A couple of gripes: New Year's and Christmas meals you had to pay for your drinks pretty annoying as wasn't aware of this.
Any electrical sound equipment needs replacing!
Bed was very hard, I didn't mind this but my partner disliked it.
Lots of flies around pool but not sure what the hotel could even do about that!
No free WIFI, and if you buy it it's expensive.

Because of the small size of the hotel you mix a lot with the other guests, we've met some awesome friends this last couple of weeks, something that's not happened in the larger resorts. It really has been a blast.

Our room was always cleaned lovely, with cute towel and petal displays. So well done the cleaner. The other guys worth a shout are: Michael, Sharl, Ibrahim and the waiters at lunch.

The Blue Hole is a 40 minute walk, Dahab is a free shuttle bus or £3 cab fare away. Take advantage over both of these! And always barter! Trips, goods, even restaurants! It's all part of the fun.

When checking out we had a little bag of soft drinks given to us which was a nice touch.

Best decision ever cancelling Christmas this year! Would we go there and do it all again? Totally! What this hotel lacks in modernism's and grandness it makes up for in intimacy and friendliness and has changed my priorities in what to look for.

Lastly a big thank you to everyone who helped make our holiday.
Soha & Tristan.