“Lovely Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Hotel was great. Food was basic but good. We were all inclusive. Drinks were fairly easy to come by, and available all day :) I found the beds really hard, but the room was clean. Staff are friendly and helpful. Bit annoying sometimes trying to be all jokey, but that's just how they are!
The hotel leads onto the beach, there's a jetty you can snorkel off- AMAZING fish life right there! And other spots just a walk down the beach. The wind picked up at lunch time so we would snorkel early, and it could get cold but we would sit on the balcony for the afternoon (Jan is their Winter though!)
Its location is a free bus ride away from Dahab but we didn't leave the hotel much in the two weeks, just for a few excursions. The desert which is a must.... so beautiful. The guy who arranges the trips was brilliant, can sort anything for you. Lots of evenings playing cards and drinking in the bar, free pool too.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Sarah M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We arrived on the 23rd August for a 2 week stay, family of four 2 Adults and 2 Children aged 12 and 8 years. On arrival at the hotel, first impressions were ok, the rooms were basic but were very clean. The hotel was based in a lovely location, with its own private beach.

The food was of a basic standard, and rather repetitive,pasta, chicken, rice etc. the main problem with the food was that they didnt cater for children, we had to ask on several occasions to make the children something as they wouldnt eat what was on the menu. The staff at the restaurant were friendly apart from the head waiter at the restaurant who was very rude, on one occasion there was a argument between the Head Waiter and another meneber of staff which resulted in keys been thrown, which I felt was very unprofessional infront of hotel guests.

The pool area could do with a good clean as the floor was covered in bird excrement and drinks which had been spilt on the floor thus attracting ants. The pool itself was badly designed, the edgings are loose and rough, this needs to be changed, before somebody really hurts themselves! On a good point I would like to say the 2 towel boys were exceptional as was the barman at the Pool Bar.

On the next to last day my husband went up to our room to discover that water was leaking from the light fittings, it took over 40 mins for an engineer to look at the problem, and when it was finally sorted we were not told the problem had been rectified and they left the room unlocked!
I dread to think what would of happened if it was one of my children who had walked into that room and switched the lights on!

After paying a substantial amount of money to holiday at this hotel, I can honestly say as a family we were very disappointed! I would not rate this hotel as a 4 star.

The hotel staff were very friendly, the main problem was the higher management at the hotel who showed no interest at all!

We will not be returning back to this hotel!

3 Thank CatherineHoughton
ENGLAND
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Just returned from 2 week stay at this Hotel, I have to be honest and say that I have had many vacations to Egypt but this Hotel by far the worst experiance I have ever had in Egypt. The location, the beach, the veiw fantastic. The pool area is not very good and the stone edges around the pool are very slippy and there are gaps between the stone edges where my 3 yr old Grandson fell into which badly hurt his leg, not to mention him falling in the restarant while water was coming from the freezer badly damaging his chin. My son had two leaks in his room while mine was flooded by a burst pipe under the sink, only to be fixed and leak again! but must say the rooms are basic but clean and the house keeping staff always made sure you where happy with the cleaning to the room. Rania a member of the massage team came to us on a number of occasions requesting that we must have a massage and also was putting cream on memers of my family due to the redness and informed us that we must use a cream at night also which we bought from her, only to be told by the Doctor that this cream must not be used as it was for psoriasis!!! and to be over charged at the same time, I did complain and got the money back I had payed. Please make sure that you get anything medical from the Doctor. The are no activities at all for the children from 11 mths to 5 yrs and no anamation team. There are three members of the Hotel Staff called Sherif and they say they are all managers, but the main Hotel Manager is situated on the second floor in a office near the pool table should you need to speak with him. The beach is fantastic and snorkeling is a must although there are waves due to the wind so the sea is never calm but still a must. I would say this Hotel is not for family's due to the lack of entertainment.

Room Tip: we had sea veiw at no extra cost while other people where charged. The second week of stay we had hi...
2 Thank RUNNING_7
preston
Reviewed 8 September 2012

we arrived on the 23rd Aug and stayed for two weeks, family of four 2 adults and 2 children ages 10months and 3 years, we went has a large family so in total there was 11 of us... this hotel does not cater for children, even though some holiday companys say they do.. the food is very basic, pasta everynight, we had to ask for chips and pizza has my children would not eat the food. when they did put chips on the menu they flew of the shelf so in my eyes it clearly shows people were wanting them so i would had rather seen chips everyday than pasta??

Rooms are nice basic again but very clean, we moved once has they put us the first floor when we got there and we had a pram to take up the stairs everyday has there are no lifts, the room we then got was right next to the pool ground level was fantasic ..

hotel staff were nice but there was one women who worked in the massage salon, who offered cream for my family cause they were a little red even after we applied factor 50 on, i even put this on my 3 year old son, has she said it will be fine only to be told by the doctor that was the wrong cream, so we told her this and asked for our money back, also she over charged us.. due to this she then went and discussed this with everyone in the hotel.. so the other family to comment below us are wrong we didnt upset other people has we were not loud, or disrestful to anybody.

pool is badly maintained has my 3 year old fell down a hole the first day and badly brusied is leg, if he had turn while he was stuck it would of broken. then while having dinner in the dining room there was a leak full of water on the floor, not even moped up then my child slipped banged his chin, all brusied purple it was that bad...

so all in all very bad holiday do not stay here .......

Room Tip: ground floor pool view are great
Dordrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We just returned from our 12 days holidays at this hotel, at first glance it was not what we expected as the standards rooms and the pool area were not very good, it would be great if they could upgrade, specially the green area around the pool ... But, we must admit that the staff was amazingly helpful and made our stay a great experience. From the reception team, George, Andrew and Mohamed couldn't be nicer! They helped us tremendously in order to be satisfied with the room and such ... The front office manager "The Sherif" as we call him was incredibly nice, talking to him was one of our favorite moments as we learned a lot and laughed a lot as well with his stories. In general we had a great stay, the hotel is very quiet and peaceful, the beach is kept very clean, there are nearby clean toilets and showers and the house-reef is incredibly beautiful. I would recommend to everybody to wake up at 2:00 am, go to the beach, look up the starry sky and shooting stars and wait for sunrise ... IT IS AMAZING!!! Again we thank the team at Tropitel for being so nice and kind ... We doubt that we can find nicer people in a different hotel so for sure it's worth a return visit!

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Camadisa
Reviewed 21 August 2012 via mobile

this is my first day in this hotel for a trip of two days, at first glance i'm not completly satisfied by this hotel as I found the staff isn't friendly also the food is poor and didn't meet my exepectations I related these stuff because this time is the high season in egypt because of elfetr feast may be this is the reason, however i have another chance tomorrow to check the hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank rgf2004
Turin, Italy
Reviewed 17 August 2012

My family and I have just returned from our two week stay at Tropitel Dahab Oasis. Excellent value for money. The hotel is medium in size and comfortable. There isn't animation, so the place is very quiet. The location between sea and mountains is fabulous! The reef in front of the hotel is very beautiful. The staff is kind and they were all very friendly with my two kids. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Good food and the buffet quite varied. The pool area is nice with enough chairs and umbrellas. Complimentary shuttle service to downtown Dahab is efficient. However, should take better care of the beach.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family