“Love it, I wish I was sitting round the pool now rather than typing this review!”

Tropitel Dahab Oasis
Ranked #7 of 53 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We returned home yesterday after a fantastic 2 week break and would definitely advise others to choose this hotel. We have never been to Egypt before and to be honest I was a little dubious about lots of things - however, we had the most wonderful relaxing holiday ever at this fab hotel. Having read comments from other recent guests I can only agree with the positive comments about ALL of the staff, food, room and service. For those who commented about the "tired" décor - if you want 5*+ décor, pay 5*+ prices - it is great value for money! In fact I could not see any problem with the decor, it was spotlessly clean and tidy, and staff were constantly around the hotel, pool and beach areas ensuring that everything was kept in order. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this hotel, staff (or guests!). We loved the fact that there was no entertainment as this meant that we were able to make some fantastic friends and spent our time having fun with them and talking together - if there was lots of noisy entertainment it will attract a different type of visitor and we certainly wouldn't think about returning. Some guests occasionally got a little louder than normal, but they were enjoying themselves and no-one complained, in fact we often joined in - it would be awful if no-one could have any fun. Any queries or suggestions were acted on immediately, and we (and others) were really appreciative of a section of the outside dining area being made non smoking tables, which meant that we could enjoy all of our meals outside - thanks so much Brigitte! Now some practical advice -1. the hotel provide pool/beach towels so no need to pack your own, 2. take English £s, the hotel offers a better exchange rate than you can get at home, and you do not need American dollars 3. If you want sun on the room terrace ask for a room to the left of reception/pool as you look outside, however I would imagine in the height of summer you would want a room in the shade! 4. make sure you ask for a double if needed as you may get 2 singles unless specifically requested, our double was huge (queen size I guess) and comfy, 5. Any issues or problem tell the staff, they cannot help if they do not know about it! 6. Take some expanding clothes as after a week of the fab food you won't fit into your normal ones!! 7. My rating may be lower than 100% as I did not use the spa so cannot comment on it, although we were advised of what was available, 8. If you want a hotel that is full of the well-to-do who like dressing up for dinner then do not come here, you will not like the relaxed, laid back atmosphere! I could continue, but my best piece of advice would be to book up and try it for yourself - we will be returning.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lou2667
TropitelNaamaBay, General Manager at Tropitel Dahab Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Lou,

WOOOOOOOOW What a review, it explain everything, yes, this is Tropitel Oasisi, Thank you. A big hi from all of us and we hoping to see you again soon.

General manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,290)

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Returned for a second visit was looking forward to the stay and spending New Year at the hotel. We returned due to a wonderful stay in July.
However, the Hotel is tired and needs to have money spent on it...some paint work on the outside would not go amiss giving a better feel rather than looking dirty, faded exterior walls and wood work. All not important but when things start going downwards it only adds to the disappointment.

There are obviously some issues, staff are wonderful but there is an undercurrent of Politics amongst the staff and the guest are getting pulled into this. Managers for Managers and staff are being run ragged trying to keep everyone happy. Managers need to stop standing around giving orders and have the hands on approach Mr Joe is a fine example of getting involved with helping the staff at busy periods, and Malad also. Its a case of to many Chiefs and not enough Indians
The staff at the Pool Bar (Abdo Derek) kept the spirits high ensuring that people had a good time. Shasha in the Lobby Bar, under immense pressure due to those who felt they had to try and drink the bar dry....
Room Boy our room was clean and some wonderful Towel Art was done.
Reception - Karim always cheerful and willing to listen and help and keeping his cool.

There are tip boxes for you to tip the staff, but there are certain staff who still ask for a tip when they provide a drink or clear your table even if you have only just met them and certain staff push the boundaries with trying to be over friendly and making comments when they really do not know you, having seen you laughing with staff you have known for a while.

Having been a Manager of a team and seen how things work in business it is just as important for those up the line to listen to those in the front line to continue the success of this hotel otherwise numbers will decline in returning clients.

Brigette and Sheriff,need to listen to their staff they need to be given the opportunity to speak honestly with you away from their immediately line managers. At times the staff are ill treated by guest but to be honest do not get enough back up from managers. Just have to keep serving them with a smile. Credit to them.

This hotel is great do not get me wrong but the above did put some dampeners on our holiday, having seen and experienced a totally different atmosphere in July amongst the staff.

Thank you to the staff you make this hotel great. Keep smiling and working and you will be rewarded.

Room Tip: In he summer room 214 but in the winter months go for those on the opposite side...as you get sunshi...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
TropitelNaamaBay, General Manager at Tropitel Dahab Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Elaine and Derik,

I open trip advisor in the morning and I was surprised to read your review. For me the review is difficult to understand. The most of the review is about management, staff, how they need to work, or how to manage. The name Managers say it for himself, managing the work. So managers giving orders to let the work runs well. So I don’t see a problem with this. You where with us in July and you came back because of a nice holiday. And now you write that the hotel is not the same!! You wrote in the beginning of the review that the hotel is looking dirty and we need to do renovation, But in July it was the same, even now we start already to renovate, painting, new garden?? We cannot finish all in a few months, it takes time, and the situation in Egypt is also a reason why it takes some time. So I really don’t understand the review, what have my staff and politics have to do with holiday? ?? So this is what I don’t understand. That our hotel needs renovation, yes, and we are working on it, but it takes time, you could see already the changes. You wrote that my staff ask for tips on the table, I went around this morning and ask my guest, even guest who stayed with us for 3 weeks, they dint have this problem? And that my staff is joking with the guest, but it is the other way around to, and the guest liked it. Why you dint told me that when you were here, that is was not like in July, and you stayed 2 weeks with us? Like you wrote on the end, my staff makes this hotel. Thank you.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

This hotel is well worth a visit. The staff are amazing, the food is great. Ok this isn't a luxury hotel, but it makes up for that with the atmosphere and brilliant service. Brigitte, thankyou for our stay, but please let the guys relax at party time, they make the place come alive.
Don't come here if you want to spoil the peace and quiet, you know who you are, yet again , some Brits let the side down with their drunken behaviour.This is not a hotel if you want lots of noise and entertainment,its for relaxing, and is great for unspoilt coral reef, diving and snorkelling, Beware the very rude Russians who visit, but they don't detract from this amazing holiday experience.
The chefs always give us great food, but Ibrahim, our friend, the Gala party's were outstanding.
Many thanks to Josef, Abdo, Naggy, Nadir,Sasha and Golden Boy. You made our stay so special. 3 stays now, and hopefully many more to come.Brigitte you have an amazing staff, you are a great host, and things can only get better.Change the routine of the Egyptian Nights, Britts like variety, but this isn't a negative. Thankyou again for your hospitality, a wonderful holiday. Hope to see you all again .

Room Tip: Rooms to left of reception have more sun on their balconies.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lyn m
TropitelNaamaBay, General Manager at Tropitel Dahab Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Lynn and Chris

WooooW, thank you, it is a pleasure to serve our guest and make their feel like home. This is Tropitel Oasis a place to relax . And yes my staff did a wonderful job with Christmas and new year, It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and a big hi from all of us. hoping to see you soon again.

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

The reviews on here basically say it all.

The staff are what really make this hotel so welcoming and friendly (Golden balls, Sasha and Mr Joe were exceptional).

The cleanliness was second to none, however this is a 3 star hotel and parts of it are tired and need renovating.

There is no gym as advertised and the spa is extremely expensive compared to those in Dahab.

The hotel reef is amazing and the beech is kept clean.

The effort made by everyone for New Years Eve was brilliant, the food was the best I have had for a long time and the display was fabulous.

The food on the whole was good, some nights better than others but a choice vast enough to please every pallet.

This hotel is great value for money and I would recommend to anyone looking for a relaxing break.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kazmc30

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice review, and it was a pleasure to have you as our guest. Yes like you read all the reviews, my staff is a credit to the hotel. And yes, it is true we need renovation, but the inside is more important then the outside. The hotel is clean and the service is well done. We all know that Egypt go true a hard time, and we need all our guest to support us and come to Egypt and special to tropitel Oasis for their holiday. and for sure we are making plans to upgrade our hotel. but it takes time, the Eiffel tower is also not build in one day. ( hahaha) Thank you again and a big hi from all of us.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Fantastic 11days beautiful hotel so relaxing & chilled the staff made it a wonderful experience special thanks to Nader our newly adopted 3rd Son lol thanks to the kitchen staff for fabulous food & all the Tropitel staff ranging from bar to room staff brilliant job. Only one criticism lack of music in the evening & maybe a little entertainment never the less a wonderful holiday, would defiantly return best wishes to all Julie Keith Reece & Lorraine Windsor

Stayed: December 2013

Dear Julie Keith Reece & Lorraine Windsor

Thank you for your nice review, and it was a pleasure to have you as our guest. Concerning The music, yes we can do it, but our guest are coming to relax and they come special because of the peace and quit , so we don't want to upset our guest. Tropitel Oasis is a quit hotel in the middle of the dessert, with a beautiful sea in the front of it. Thank you again, and we hope to see you again in Tropitel Oasisi. A big hi from all of us

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Completely agree with all the very positive comments made by previous guests and reviewers. The staff were a hardworking delightful bunch - particularly Mr Bean, Nader and Abdu, but all other staff were great including the cleaners and gardeners all keeping the place looking great.

An excellent time had on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve in the specially erected tent; the chefs and all food handlers excelled themselves on both occasions! Given I am an inspector of food premises back here, I was curious to see the kitchen..... wow, the head chef very professional and was pleased to show me round and discuss HACCP procedures etc. he certainly satisfied and delighted my curiosity.All your guests should be reassured that what happens behind the scenes in the kitchen is as good as what happens front of house!

Must also say a big thank you to 'Shaker' the masseuse - I had a total of 6 medical massages during our 2 week stay and he really made a massive difference to my poorly shoulder.

A couple of very minor 'gripes' : the hot/cold water changes to the shower in our room and the bed mattress was hard (but understand that is a subjective thing - am sure many would have liked that!).

Me and my husband were looking for a complete chill out holiday after a busy year and the hotel did not disappoint. The second week my sister and nephew joined us and again, all staff made his 15th birthday with a special cake accompanied with all singing birthday songs at lunch.
Thanks to Brigitte and the team for making our holiday so wonderful.
We hope to return!

Room Tip: We were in room 251 and had the sun throughout the day, good for Dec/Jan - the other side looked as...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank HelPad2014

My dear Guest,

I must say Thankkkkkk you, thank you for your nice review, but you where also very nice guest, it was a pleasure to have you all with us. Yes, we take care of our hygiene, very important., and yes, behind the scene as well. Thank you again, and we hope to see you soon again. A big hi from all of us.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Our third time to this wonderful hotel. Thank you to George and Brigitte for saving the room we requested. We stayed for 2 weeks in November and it was great to see all our friends at Tropitel again. This hotel is just perfect to chill out and relax. All the staff work so very hard to ensure you have an amazing holiday. The location of this hotel is beautiful with the mountains behind it. The rooms are large and kept very clean and there are free toiletries in the room. There are plenty of sun beds either round the pool or on the beach and beach towels are provided.

The food is great and tasty, plenty of choice and all served piping hot. There is a fantastic choice on the salad bar also and lovely fresh breads. My husband is a fussy eater and always finds plenty to eat! If there is something you would like, just ask the Chefs, even if its a plate of french fries. Try the Bedouin night, the amount of tasty food will amaze you, just dont have much to eat at lunchtime!

There isnt any evening entertainment which suits us. We always meet lovely people at the hotel to chat to and the bar staff will always keep you entertained, especially Melad, Nagy & Abdo. There is a beach party night once a week that is good fun and everyone enjoys. If you want to go in to town, there is also a free shuttle bus you can book on, or a taxi is really cheap.

The shop on site is great, Fady & Beshoy will get you anything you need or are Just happy for you to stop for a chat! You can also see Marco & Butchi there who organise trips. We did a wonderful boat trip this time and the lunch on board was fantastic. The star gazing trip and white canyon trip they organise are also excellent.

Once again, we had a fantastic holiday and it was lovely coming back to our second home and seeing our friends, we miss you and will see you in October!

Paula & Kev

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KPDenwood

Dear Paula and Kev

I was waiting your review, Wooow, like every time, you explain all what tropitel Oasis is a like. Thank you. You are also special to us. We are looking forward to see you in october. a big hi from all of us.