“"wonderful holiday"”

Tropitel Dahab Oasis
Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We stayed for a month, what a great hotel, yes it is a bit rough round the edges but that is reflected in the price, the staff could not be more helpful and the overall cleanliness was fantastic and the food was very good and plentiful.
The Manager was so helpful, nothing was to much trouble and was always asking if everything was ok.
The swimming pool was cleaned early every morning and with a bar it was a perfect place to relax and unwind, we will be back.
If you want discos and nightlife this is not the hotel for you, although saying that the Beach Party was great fun !!

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the pool which was great. lovely balcony just right for drinks and a view...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank roastednuts
TropitelNaamaBay, General Manager at Tropitel Dahab Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for your nice review, it was a pleasure to have you a our guest, and we hope to see you soon again in tropitel Oasis. a big hi from all of us.

There are newer reviews for Tropitel Dahab Oasis

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I don't usually write reviews but felt i had to put pen to paper with regards to this wonderful hotel.
The rooms were large and cleaned every day, along with the towel art left on the beds.
The bathroom was of a decent size if a little dated, however again it was cleaned and fresh towels left every day.
The restaurant was very clean, and the staff worked endlessly to keep it clean. The service received was fantastic - thank you Nadeer. The choice of food was good, there was always something that you could find. The salad bar was fantastic along with the fish.
The pool area again was kept spectacularly clean and staff were seen in and around the area throughout the day. The bar at the pool area was pretty good to, again thanks to Mr Bean and staff for looking after us.
Bridgett the manager always had time to talk to you and went above and beyond to help us by letting us keep our room later and included lunch on day of departure. Again its the little things that make all the difference to your holiday.
The sea was lovely, it was like swimming in your own screen saver! it was so clear and the different sort of fish around was amazing.
All in all lovely people, lovely hotel . Would i go back again. yes i would.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank michelle d
TropitelNaamaBay, General Manager at Tropitel Dahab Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear Michelle,

i am very happy that you take your time to wrote your review about tropitel Oasis., thank you, and it explain what tropitel oasis is a like. a nice place to enjoy your holiday. it was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we hope to see you soon again. a big hi from all of us

General manager.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

We've just returned from a three week holiday at this lovely hotel. The things that make this a great place to stay, really nice food, even though it's not a large hotel and they had to cater for a lot of different nationalities there was always something tasty to choose from. Fantastic snorkeling from hotel jetty with easy access, the most beautiful and varied sea life iv seen anywhere. All the hotel was kept very clean and tidy. All the staff without exception where very friendly and helpful.
There's no organised 'activities' or entertainment. This suited us as we prefer peace and quiet. I would say it's more suitable for couples as children and young adults my find it too quiet.
Bridgette the manager is accessible and helpful. Little things like being able to keep our room an extra hour made such a difference to us.
Only a couple of points of improvement, firstly the rooms, although very clean where a bit dated and would really benefit from a spruce up and some new patio furniture. The other point is the WiFi. Which was expensive and unreliable. It would have been great to have had free WiFi, as it was we had to go into Dahab every few days to get it..
All in all though great place to stay for a relaxing holiday. Hope to return soon xx

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Buster1952
TropitelNaamaBay, General Manager at Tropitel Dahab Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for your nice review, it is for us a pleasure that our guest enjoyed their holiday with us. The renovation and to improve things, i put it on my list. The Wifi i will also have a look for it. A big hi from all of us.It was a plesure to have you as our guest and we hope to see you soon again Tropitel Oasis.

brigitte

Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend are both vegetarians and sometimes struggle to eat when abroad. This hotel was fantastic they really looked after us and the salad selection was superb. The hotel itself was clean and tidy, a fantastic location right on the beach which had a jetty for snorkeling. We took part in lots of excursions and Sam the guy that offered the trips on the quad bike was just excellent. The staff were extremely efficient and the manageress was friendly and made the effort to speak to the guests on a daily basis. I would recommend this hotel to couples, singles and families as could offer lots of fun or just simple relaxation. Overall an excellent stay and will definitely return.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cherylle S

Dear Cherylle,

thank you for your nice review, it was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and thank you for the good comments about my staff, yes they cant do enough for the guest, because our guest are very important to us. A big hi from all of us and we are looking forward to see you again in tropitel Dahab.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

the Hotel is far from center of city ! and you will still need transportation to city or Blue Hole ( famous diving Spot ) ! so why pay for both !
Staff is totally unprofessional !! they work for tips only !! and mostly care about non-Egyptian guests !
the Hotel is clean but overpriced for such bad service / location !!
i know Dahab well and i know many hotels offer much better deals / services

the only good thing about it ,, is that it got direct beach access , which is rare in most Dahab hotels

Room Tip: Choose a room on 2nd floor , near beach / pool ,, something that got numbers 11X or 21X
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Worst value for money!!!! the title don't fit between my other reviews. i think you dint stay in tropitel Dahab. You wrote you need transportation to city or Blue Hole, yes, because we are in the middle of the way to the city or to the blue hole????? both ways by car around 10 - 15 minutes. Even a nice way to walk along the shore, a lot of guest doing this by the way, and if you dont like to walk, Tropitel is offering a 5 times FREE shuttle bus for our guest,
Staff is totally unprofessional !!!!!!!!! My other reviews say the opposite???

Reviewed 10 February 2014

A friend and I stayed at the Tropitel Dahab Oasis the last two weeks of January 2014. We have visited Egypt many times but this was the first time we had visited Dahab. The promise of a quiet hotel with no animation team and no entertainment was a very pleasant draw for us.
My friend has walking difficulties and I emailed the hotel in advance asking for a suitable room and Brigette and George had organised the perfect room in advance of our arrival.
We prefer small friendly hotels and the Tropitel is exactly this! Nowhere is far away and the rooms and facilities were more than adequate for our needs.
Reception
We arrived on our own due to a private transfer and were greeted by George on the reception who does a wonderful job and is such a nice man, friendly and very efficient. Check in was very smooth and speedy with a porter carrying our bags to our nearby room. There is no ATM in this hotel but George will change money for you at anytime at a decent exchange rate.
There is a shop in the reception run by Fady and Beshooi, brilliant guys both. They helped me out with my mobile and tablet on numerous occasions. They sell Egyptian sim cards and will load them for you. I spent £14 and this gave me unlimited calls and data, way more useful to me than the hotel’s wifi which I didn’t try but I believe it was available in public areas only. I tethered my tablet to my phone and used both fairly heavily throughout my holiday for that price. A good shop in all ways tho with a mix of reasonably priced products.
Marco sits next to the shop and he offers trips. Nice guy and helped us out with boat trips and visits to St Katherine’s Monastery etc. You can buy the trips more economically in Dahab but Marco makes things very convenient and this suited my friend and me.
Room
We had a comfortable room on the ground floor which was very handy for the pool etc. The rooms are basic but fine for us. Clean Sheets and Towels everyday and a good standard of cleanliness. Mohammed looked after us and kept our room spotless, another genuinely nice guy. There are complimentary toiletries in the bathroom which are replenished regularly. As per other reviews, I would agree, the beds are hard but we were comfortable on them. We loved the balcony with its close access to the pool etc. There were more plug sockets than we have ever seen before in an Egyptian hotel. The room had a flat screen TV with a USB port which allowed us to watch movies I transferred from my tablet. This was handy on nights when we wanted a change from the bars etc.
Pool
The pool is a decent size and is heated to a pleasant temperature. The pool bar is well used during the day and the pool loungers are comfortable with a choice of plastic or wood loungers all with mattresses. The pool scene was very pleasant with most people getting on and having conversations and laughs throughout the day. This was spoiled a tad by an older woman who was rude to everyone (including the staff) and very demanding of her rights as a gold band wearer (gained by 3 visits to hotel) which she waved under peoples noses often – dreadful woman but we tried not to let her antics spoil our holiday and sat well away from her and her old cronies. There were quite a few repeat and long stay visitors at the Tropitel and all seemed really nice apart from this one person.
Towels are supplied in exchange for towel cards and the guys will change these during the day if you need to.
The pool bar is overseen by Mr Bean, who was good fun. He also ran a ‘beach party’ one evening. This was an Egyptian night with the normal variety of Egyptian acts but well done and the small setting made It a far more intimate experience than similar nights in other hotels. This worked very well for us. It was at a cost of £6 and your drinks were included.
Apart from the exceptions when the Egyptian school holidays brought around 100 Egyptian people every couple of days, the pool was a haven of calm and a very pleasant place to read and pass the time. Whilst the Egyptians were present in the hotel the pool was noisier but the sound of children playing in the pool was rather pleasant.
Beach
The beach was perfect for me, with camels and horses passing by on a regular basis on their way to the Blue Hole but plenty of beds and windbreaks for privacy and comfort. There is an excellent jetty with easy access to the most amazing coral reefs. I was so impressed with the house reef. A huge variety of fish, all in snorkelling depth and I saw turtles frequently down to the right of the beach near the next hotel’s jetty. The coral is the best I have seen in the Red Sea. Mornings are definitely the best for snorkelling despite the tide times; the wind gets up in the afternoon. Late afternoon is also good as some days the wind dropped again then.
Early morning was good for all kinds of wildlife including snakes (others saw them I didn’t manage to unfortunately) and quite a variety of types of heron including night herons fishing off the jetty. Egrets were a common sight around the pool and the beach. I think because this hotel does not spray the grounds for mossies, the wildlife is much more varied than I have seen previously in other hotels with more insects for birds to eat. We even had a lizard in our room which was good fun and useful for eating the mossies. On the other hand we did get bitten quite a lot which was the downside so take a bug plug for your room and spray for yourself. I was happy avoiding the mossies in exchange for the increase in wildlife,
I did a quad bike trip from the company on the beach. Sam and Mo are great guys and will let you try out the quad bike on the beach if you are not sure it is for you. I had a great time and found them to be really good bikes. It is worth giving it a try. The views from above Dahab are fabulous and I enjoyed the Wadis and the Canyons. The trip culminated at the Blue Hole. You were riding on the main roads quite a lot of the time which was a bit scary but I got used to it quickly. The roads are not busy. It made for a really convenient trip as you get on your bike directly at the hotel.
Restaurant
We mainly sat outside on the restaurant terrace which was very pleasant. The entire restaurant (and indeed hotel) is no smoking inside and partially no smoking on the terrace. Nader looked after us impeccably and made our mealtimes very pleasant. He always fetched our drinks for us at mealtimes and generally looked after us. The buffet was the normal mix that you expect from AI in Egypt. It suited us fine. We felt breakfast and lunch were the best meals. We tended to eat out in Dahab a few of the nights when the Egyptian families were staying as it did become a bit of a bun fight but everyone is entitled to a holiday we rationalised. Ibrahim the chef made my friend chips when they were not on the lunchtime menu and also made her crème caramel several times. The staff really could not do enough for you.
I would recommend this hotel to friends without any concerns. I would advocate that you avoid the Egyptian school holidays tho as it really did change the peace and quiet of the hotel which my friend in particular had come for. Brigette the Hotel Manager is often on hand walking around and asking how things are. We also had a delay on a pick up time for a boat trip and Brigette sorted this out for us. Thanks Brigette!
The taxis from Fady in the shop only cost £2.50 into Dahab and there is also a free Hotel shuttle bus which runs several times a day. Dahab is only 10 mins away and is a very laid back place well worth a walk around or a change of eating venue. We liked Ali Baba’s very much although the Thai food at the Blue House Thai Restaurant was really authentic although the surroundings are a bit basic.
I will be returning to the hotel with my husband who is keen to explore the coral reefs and as we both dive there are many dive sites worth trying which I did not have time for on this visit although the snorkelling I did on a daily basis was world class. I will also return with my friend later this year as we had such a good time we are keen to visit again.
Thanks everyone at the Tropitel Dahab Oasis for giving us such a good holiday and we will be back soon!

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms offer direct access to pool and bar!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank makoshr
TropitelNaamaBay, General Manager at Tropitel Dahab Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Guest

wooooow, what a review, it explain everything what you have in tropitel Oasis dahab. i dont need to ad anything. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and yes we are here for our guest, if you have some thing just ask and we will solve it. Our guest are very important to us. And if you like it quit, look that you dont book during the holidays, because this make it more busier in every hotel around the world. Thank you again, and i hope to see you soon again in tropitel dahab. a big hi from all of us.

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Very far away from city market/center. They treate egyptians in a very bad way compared to foreigners. Breakfast was ok but lunch was less than average. The staff in general were niether friendly nor welcoming. I'd recommed any bed and breakfast hotel near the city market than this one especially there are many good restaurants in that area and you will get what you paid for.

Stayed: February 2014
5  Thank Samia A

What a title , dint like it at all !!!!!! staff unfriendly ???????????? food not good??? read my other reviews. Yours come out very weird between them. It is the total opposite from my other reviews???????????