“Good for divers”

Ranked #25 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Sussex
“Good for divers”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Reasonable rooms, good price.Third floor rooms good views of sea and mountains, and gets a much welcomed breeze to cool you down. Prayer calls can be intrusive here though. Bathrooms could be maintained better,some showers don't work, light bulbs blown ,but pretty clean. The restaurant is good, decent food at a good price-the best mango smoothies in Dahab! no cooking facilities though,unlike many other camps nearby.Popular with Korean and Japanese divers. Staff friendly and helpful

Room Tip: Top floor for views and breeze
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank FloriaP

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Arabic first
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 26 April 2012

My trip to Dahab was unplanned in every way. I was headed to Cairo and my friend who was already in Dahab at Seven Heaven convinced me to head down there for a few days. Arriving at the hotel/dive center I was warmly greeted by the staff/owners who knew I was coming (this at about 23:00 hours). The next morning we were able to coordinate six dives (including a check-dive) over two days so that I could get my advanced open water PADI certification. Hasan and the rest of the dive satff/instructors are both competent and friendly. The rental equıpment is good. Their knowledge of the local dive sites is excellent. The rooms are clean and functional; hot showers were not a problem. There are two excellent restaurants on site - one cafe and one Thai restaurant. Wifi is available and working throughout the hotel grounds. This is a family owned and operated business and you feel welcomed and comfortable. There is security throughout the night and I never worried about leaving anything in the room. The total cost of everything - certification, dives, board - was less than I spent going out one night in İstanbul.

The long and short of it: I am already trying to figure out how to get back there for a longer stay and more dives. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: If you like your privacy, pay the little bit extra for a room wıth ensuite - it's only a few dol...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ibo303
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Blanket was not provided and am glad i did bring my own sleeping bag. Toilet is horror, be careful to not get your butt burned from the pipe's boiling water. It's either too cold or too hot! Water is salty. I have to clean the toilet bowl, the sink because it was black before i can comfortably use them. If you're staying with others, make sure you are really comfy with them as my room's toilet didn't even have a working door (unless you're okay with other people seeing you doing your business in there) and the window of the toilet is also, broken. Will not stay again here.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank dogternomad
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 6 November 2011

A friend just back from Dahab recommended Divers Down Under at Seven Heaven Hotel as a great place to get into diving. My girlfriend had already done her PADI Open Water so I wanted to catch up, but was a complete newcomer to diving. Our contact was Mezo Ashmawy who was delighted of being recommended by a friend and straight up offered us a discount off the already good value 300 USD Open Water course. By Friday afternoon I had spent three whole days practically living at the dive school and Seven Heaven, I had made a host of new friends and felt like I was part of their large happy family. I passed my final Open Water exam with 96%, which tells you exactly how well I was taught in this school. Thank you DDU and Seven Heaven, I hope to see you again soon :)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank PuravidaPlaya
Dokkum, The Netherlands
Reviewed 5 November 2011

The location is exelent the staff is friendly but the rooms are not clean at all,in the doorm I found a roach and the water was salty
The toilets where not clean at all!!

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank regenb00g
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2011

We didn't stay at 7 Heaven but spent the majority of our time in Dahab under water with the guys from the the diving school. We did 10 dives, always with an instructer just for the two of us and that wasn't because it was quiet (it wasn't), it seemed like that was the norm. Our instructers were Eric and Tamir who were out of this world, really good at what they do, very professional but at the same time committed to making sure we had lots of fun. The equipment is well maintained, varied (eg 15 litre tanks etc) and plentiful. The owners, Samir and his sons, go out of their way to keep the customers happy and are fun guys to talk to. And having done our research on price, we can safely say that this is the cheapest place to dive in Dahab too. I would definitely recommend this place to a friend and can't wait to go back. Oh and the restaurant does a fine Egyptian breakfast!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hoooger
Quito
Reviewed 7 May 2011

Here you can find rooms for every budget; mine was nice, clean enough & cheap. The location is excellent, the beach is just in front of the gate & in the middle of the Town sidewalk, the crew helps you a lot with the snorkeling & diving stuff. The diving master loaned me his own equipment. This is one of the few places that you can say " My personal Chef", Mohamed is not just a great cooker he is also funny friend. You have to taste his banana crepes & the English breakfast. The ambiance in the restaurant is so so cool that you spend more time there than in the sea.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends