“Theft and lies”
Review of Seven Heaven Hotel

Seven Heaven Hotel
Ranked #26 of 53 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Had a credit card, and I pod stolen in my room in 7 Heaven. We had a roof room, but windows couldn't be closed. When we reported this to the manager, he took it personally, and said that we were lying, that it only his staff has access to the rooms but that it couldn't be his staff. Then he assembled all his staff in front of us, not so comfortable for the second day to be ridiculed as a liar. No support.

To report the credit card stolen we needed to fill out paperwork at the tourist police. The police said that we were the second person to get robbed there that same day. He then joined us at the hotel. The tourist police were belittled by the manager, who apparently runs the show more than the police. The manager told us we could file a report but had to say our stuff was stolen on the board walk.He called the (non) tourist police of Dahab, said this to him, that we had been robbed on the boardwalk etc. We went to the police station, all the while having a cronie from the hotel following us and seemed to blackmailing the police. Again the police told us that to claim something was stolen we would have to go to the place where it was stolen and "accuse" someone...ridiculous. After 3 hours we gave up. Obviously the manager had his way, his hotel was reported, he saved face.

Hide your stuff you stay there. Don't get milked in Dahab!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Riley_Johns

Reviewed 26 January 2013

This place is made by its lovely people who make your stay here very worthwile!!
Although the location right on the beach is perfect as well, and the rooms are very well affordable (though basic) the friendlyness of its staff will make your day. Although it is not a family run hotel, the place sure feels like it!

Thanks Big Mo, Jay and all the others for making our stay unforgettable!

See you in March 2013!

Lydia and Ruben.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ruben M
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Seven Heaven was recommended to me as this was my first time in Dahab.
It is not luxurious place but if you are looking for simple base camp and are on budget, this is your place.
There are bigger shared rooms with shared bathroom but also private en-suit rooms.
One of the many diving schools in Dahab is located directly in the hotel and the hotel's location is right at the main boulevard with countless restaurants and souvenir shops but also just few steps form sea.
There is also restaurant in the hotel, where you can get cheap and good breakfast, lunch and dinner - the staff is super nice, but again you need to be bit thick-skinned when it comes to hygiene. We had not stomach problems whatsoever for the whole week, so it can't be that bad! :) although if you are allergic to cats, it might be a problem for you to stay here or in fact anywhere in Dahab.
It's all about expectations and your mind setting. But people are good and very helpful here, so I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Maruske
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Think it is a good place for divers looking for cheap accommodation.

Good points
-near ocean but everything is in Dahab

Bad points
-window lock was broken
-first door lock was broken
-sheets were not changed
-given dirty blankets
-rooms needed cleaning
-small hole in bathroom door (shared bathroom)
-cat /dog hair all over common area / restaurant
-everything was covered in dust

They do organize tours and onward transportation for a few USD more than their competitors so shop around.

I guess it just depends in your ideal of cleanliness. I WOULD NOT recommend this place for solo female travelers.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Totoro M
Reviewed 10 December 2012

It's a great place to stop while you are in Dahab and get to know Mr. Samir when he is on his 'security' shift and have a talk while drinking a beduin tea.
It offers big rooms with inclusive bathroom which I do not know the rate but can tell you that a huge room for 2/3 people with share bathroom will be 40 EGP. The kitchen with a great variety of choices offers breakfast for around 20-25 EGP.
It's also a must if you have your Scuba Diving License to do some recreational diving or even the Open Water PADI course (5 dives) at the same rate compared to the cheapest in the world that I thought it was Thailand and also get to know Mezo, a very young Technical Diver, Mr Samir's son which is preparing to beat the Circuit Scuba World Depth Record of 330m.
It's a very good place that I strongly recommend.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Pablo David A
Reviewed 25 October 2012 via mobile

This review is for the Seven Heaven's in-house dive shop, Divers Down Under. We didn't stay at the hotel but we know the staff there is super nice and the dorm beds were a good deal. After asking and shopping around for the best deal, I ended up trying for my PADI scuba certification with Jay, their instructor from England. I couldn't be happier with my experience, either: I was kind of a nightmare student and Jay was incredibly patient with me as I battled a sinus cold, sea sickness, and problems equalizing due to said sinus cold. Both above and below the surface, Jay was a great teacher who took the time to do the whole course thoroughly and professionally despite me having to take a a week to do it. The equipment we used was in really good shape and they had a great variety of sizes to fit anyone. The location is literally across the sidewalk from the ocean so you're in the water almost as soon as you grab your equipment. The atmosphere at D.D.U. Is quite fun - it's common to see students sitting and chatting with the instructors or staff long after hanging up their wetsuits. The Seven Heaven Hotel even offers a free dorm bed for students getting their PADI certificates...never found anyone else offering a deal like that! Will definitely be back to do some fun dives with Jay next time I'm in town!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank GlobalVagabonds
Reviewed 16 September 2012

I stayed here for 2 months. And I came back again.
This hotel is good hospitality and very friendly.
They helped when I had a trouble.
Diving instructors is helpful.I enjoyed diving with them.
I love red sea.It is my best diving spot.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends