Christina Beach Palace
  • Pool
US$123
US$89
  • Breakfast included
Dahab Plaza Hotel(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$23
US$21
The Bedouin Moon Hotel(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$30
US$22
US$157
US$63
US$64
US$50
Blue Beach Club(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$44
US$64
US$58
  • Breakfast included
Tropitel Dahab Oasis(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$31
US$30
Shams Hotel(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$47
Orbitz.com
All reviewstriple roomnice poolnice hotelair conditioningwifiamalseaegyptcleanlinesslighthouse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 January 2011

This is a very nice hotel. We liked the location, the sea view from our room, and the pool. Breakfast was great, with omelets to order. However, the rooms really need screens on the windows. Mosquitoes attacked us every night, and some other kind of bug bit us numerous times on the face. The bumps on our faces were still there a week later. Having to put all the toilet paper in the basket is a nuisance, but the staff was at least good about emptying the basket every day, and I heard another guest complain about a clogged toilet resulting from putting TP in it. We had lunch around the pool several times and it was a nice experience. We also ate dinner at the hotel restaurant, and it was just as good as the other restaurants on the "strip" and no more expensive. Due to an emergency at home, we had to leave a day early, and even though we had paid in advance, they refunded the payment for the one night. I'd go back.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2011

They make you pay in advance for the full stay. In my case, fourteen days. When I woke up with terrible bites each morning and had to ask for the filthy blanket to be changed and had no rest because of the very loud music playing from early morning until late at night I had to leave. I was told I would only get my money back if they rented the room to someone else. I showed them my feet which were swollen and infected with large open sores necessitating a trip to a doctor and medicine. The concierge shouted at me and called me a liar. Very rude, very unpleasant.
I had to find somewhere else while falling over tired and with sore feet and no money. A hard beginning to my holiday in a strange place with no help.
I spent my last day in Dahab with the tourist police who made them pay up.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Caren404
Reda-and-Christina, Owner at Christina Beach Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

When inquiring for reservation Ms Caren asked for room with specifications (quite, upper floor) that were NOT available any more at time of inquiry due to high occuption of the hotel during new year's festive season. It was hence recommended to her (direct email correspondence with the hotel) NOT to book the last vacancy (a ground floor room located right beside Dahab's beach walk way) because the room would not meet her requirements. Against that advise and to our surpise Ms Caren insisted on booking that room - only to announce just days after arrival that the room was not meeting her requirements (!). As that room was occupied until the very day of Ms Caren's arrival by perfectly happy guest (who wished to stay longer) and as well after her departure it can be doubted that there were any kind of "bugs" at that room. Needless to say that a house with this reputation can't afford a bug-issue and as a star rated hotel Christina Hotels is regularly visited by an obligatory pest control company.
Despite being confronted with obviously false accusations the hotel fairly offered to refund the room rate for every of the cancelled nights that the room could be rented. As promised the full amount of the cancelled nights – less only one night which the room stayed un-rented - were refunded to Ms. Caren without any further discussions.
We greatly regret that the hotel’s owner proper and fair handling of the matter has obviously not been appreciated by this guest at all.

Reviewed 8 January 2011

Would happily stay here again should we visit Dahab again
We were there for the rainy season which happened I think on the 29th December and lasted for approx 15 hours, great fun watching people so unprepared for rain in the main street & the way everyone coped.
Food at the Hotel Sea front restaurant was excellent & reasonably priced as was most places we ate out at in Dahab

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2010

This was a good mid range choice with friendly staff and good facilities in an excellent location.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2010

I stayed at the Christina Beach Palace Hotel for two nights during late November and paid about €45 per persoh in a double-room for the entire stay, bed and breakfast.

The hotel is clean and nicely decorated, and very well-located both for transport (walk to the bus station takes about 25 minutes and taxi will cost about 5 LE per person in a taxi) and local amenities. The sea-front is less than 50 metres away.

Hot water was available all day, and although it was salty, the power shower was strong and I have no complaints about anything at the hotel. The staff was helpful and they could tell you about trips available or just the logistics of getting from one place to another. Pretty good breakfast (hot and cold food, with omelette and pancakes on demand, and free wi-fi throughout the hotel, and a free terminal at the lobby.

All in all, good value-for-money. I hear from my friends that the Christina Residence across the street wasn't as nice, however.

Didn't it at the restaurant as it looked a little pricey.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends