“Cozy and relaxing” 4 of 5 bubbles

Mosaique Hotel
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in El Gouna
“Cozy and relaxing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed there two nights on single basis. The hotel is well maintained and the color scheme in both interior and exterior is very relaxing.
The hotel is small and very nice. It is located on the new marina where it takes only 7 to 10 minutes to reach the main marina where all restaurants, clubs, shops, ATMs and cafes are located.

The room has a terrace equipped with beach seats. The interior is good with fresh colors. Lighting is a bit dim and struggled a bit while trying to read at night.
Sleeping quality is good with good mattress and cotton linen. Compensates the uncomfortable seat in the room.

The bathroom is clean and bright with good lighting and excellent faucets and shower area. Towels are very good.

Food is not one of the bright sides to talk abt. It is below average. The club sandwich I ordered in room was not good. The breakfast is average though the bakeries are very good. Don't even try the coffee machine...it's beyond awful.

If u forgot to bring ur books, the reception has plenty of books in different languages and categories.

The pool looks good though I didn't try due to bad weather.

The hotel rooms are either on pool or sea view. Highly recommended the sea view rooms especially numbers x19...upwards

The value for money is good and recommend staying there.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Cairo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

It is really disgusting to feel that you have been cheated, I have reserved a room based on a confirmation 3 times by phone , where the latest one I was in my way to gouna (2hours before check-in) that the pool is heated , however, whenever I came Emad the receptionist has inform us that they have a problem of fuel to heat it and it will be solved within 1-2 days max. .today, they are telling me that the problem will not be solved for a spare part (not fuel) and they offered that we can access the pool of Sultan bay hotel ( too far from here) however, a related hotel owned by the same is closed to us with the same rating 4 stars otherwise to change our stay to another hotel . Really chame on you, I do not recommend and I will not reserve here again . Please note that I don't have the opportunity to change as I have 2 childs and luaguages.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank mhelbawy
Mosaique1, Manager at Mosaique Hotel, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Dear mhelbawy,

Following our conversation on the 6th of November and your kind text message thanking me for my kind support, I was surprised to see your review arriving the following morning.

You are totally right that we confirmed before your arrival that the pool is heated from 1st of November onwards (which is normally the case), but due to a technical problem this was not possible and we are still today waiting for a spare part to make it operational at the earliest.

Emad in the reception was aware that the pool was not heated but not why. Last year we had problems with the delivery of solar and at some occasions we could not heat the pool due to this and he therefore thought this was again the reason, I am sorry he mis-informed you.

My team had offered you to use the pool in one of our sister hotels in Down Town, an offer you did not accept. When we talked on the 6th of November I promised you I will check for the possibility to use the heated pool in the 5* Steigenbeger hotel which worked out. I informed you and you said you were happy about the offer.

After reading the review on the 7th of November in the morning I came to you and your family and I shared with you my disappointment about your comment as I felt we found mutual agreement the night before. I told you I could assist you in booking a room in one of our sister hotels where the pool was heated, an offer you refused. Later you did book for yourself in one of our sister hotels and checked out from us and as per your message to me you enjoyed it. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in our sister hotel and hope you will be back in El Gouna soon.

Best Regards,
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Great time away, quite and relaxing holiday for mum, dad and the two teenagers.
The rooms were ample, clean and worth the money, the service was efficient and worth a tip.
The food was OK with breakfast being the best menu of the day. Great friendly staff... Thanks

Tip of the day is to get a voucher from the main reception before 12:00 and you can get a hefty discount and eat out in the marina, great choice of restaurants with some great food on offer. The best being the Indian food at the Ali Pasha Hotel, stay away from the free buffet - awful but order what you would normally in the UK and you wont eat half of it, the mixed grill will do four of you... 10/10

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Dear Karl H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here in Mosaique hotel as well as your dining experience in Ali Pasha Tandoor Indian restaurant.
We are happy you enjoyed your stay and the service in the hotel as well as our Indian specialities in Tandoor restaurant in the Marina - a great Dine Around option.

Best regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Good clean little hotel, nice rooms, we were upgraded to marina view rooms which was a nice gesture. Their concierge was very good and very friendly. Thumbs up for all the staff. Good job. And very reasonable rates as well.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Ahmed A,

Thank you for sharing your experience in Mosaique hotel and we are pleased to hear that you appreciated the upgrade to a Marina View room - it is true they are nice.....

I will share your comments with the team and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Best regards

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

I have stayed for 6 nights at Mosaique ; we took marina view connected rooms ; the view was breathtaking and the rooms are very spacious ; clean and nice . They have very nice pool and u ve free access on two beaches ; moods which is a lovely beach and Mangroovy beach If u re into kite surfing . The shuttle his take h to the beach for free and it is not that far and u can go walking or take a tuktuk . They have also a nice library where u can borrow books for free and u can donate books before leaving . Food and beverage is the only weakness in his hotel we have chosen half board but next time we will go only for bed and breakfast . Breakfast was ok regarding variety and quality ; the best was the station of the egg as h like as the chef is very friendly and help u with new inventions daily for repatwd visitors but dinner although daily new themes but the food quality an variety is average and sometimes below average . Service is very good and nice and accommodating staff and willing to go extra mile to pleas you . I do recommend Mosaique as it is also close to marina where everything u need is there

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mosaique1, General Manager at Mosaique Hotel, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Dear Sally,

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your summer break here at Mosaique hotel El Gouna.
I will certainly follow up with the Executive Chef regarding your comments about the food quality, and sure i will pass on your regards to the chef at the breakfast.
Hope to welcome you back to us again soon.

Warm regards.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

we went to mosaique and we were afraid as we didn't hear about it before , it is a lovely small hotel near the marina with a quite relaxing sea view , the breakfast is fine and everything is good starting from the room till the stuff
It is a very good value for money hotel and I will recommend to others

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Tony,

Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for sharing your experience and recommending the hotel
We hope to see you again soon.

Best regards
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

My husband and I spent our 15th wedding anniversary at The Mosaique Hotel, and I am so glad that we did. Not only is the staff highly trained and professional, but they actually care about your experience in El Gouna. Zakaria at the front desk noticed that it would be my husband's birthday in 2 days. He took it upon himself to send a cake to our room on that day! Hany actually snag happy birthday! We had a romantic candlelight dinner on the water for our anniversary, and Mustafa was the perfect waiter. Emad in the kitchen came out personally to help me plan the menu for our special evening. If you want great service, pleasant smiles, and a great room, The Mosaique is the place for you (and me, because I will not stay anywhere else when visiting El Gouna) My only slight issue was that the pool closed at sundown. I really can't complain about this because they said that this was for pool cleaning. Oh, did I mention how awesome the gym/spa is?

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Dear Donita,

Thank you for choosing Mosaique hotel El Gouna for your 15th Wedding anniversary.
We appreciate your kind words and rest assured that I will share your comments with Zakaria, Hany, Mustafa and Emad.
We hope to welcome you to celebrate your 16th wedding anniversary and your husbands birthday again next year.
Looking forward to see you again soon.

Best regards,