“ONCE AGAIN”

Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in El Gouna
Reviewed 18 May 2012

For the 8th time. Once again very good. The quality and the variety of food was excellent. The staff was friendly and helpfull. The hotel and rooms were clean. For sure we will come back and I hope soon.

Room Tip: the rooms 2000 are at the beach the rooms 8000 are near the beach and near the swimmingpool
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Christophe V
Islam M, Deputy General Manager at Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Dear Christophe V,

Many thanks. Your feedback as a repeated guest is very special to us as it shows that the consistency of performance is maintained as expected and more. Your comment is highly appreciated and indicating that we are on the right track as we always had.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon for the 9th time

Islam

Write a ReviewReviews (2,801)

Reviewed 15 May 2012

We have spent a whole week at Sheraton Miramar from 05/05/12 until 12/05/12.
The hotel is just superb, the landscape and decoration are gorgeous and the staff is wonderful.
As former travel agents, my wife and myself have travelled a lot around the globe, visiting lots of hotels but this one is for sure one of the most beautiful we've ever seen...
The staff is great too, always ready to help you, and very smily !
As we were curious about the other hotels referenced on tripadvisor, we had a look on Club Med El Gouna (cold and sad and way out of price compares to Sheraton) and Movenpick El Gouna (nice but popular with techno music at the pool !) : our choice was the good one : Sheraton Miramar !
We want to thank the Management for being so cautious about their client and customer driven policy...
Pierre Waxweiler

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pierrejwx

Dear pierrejwx,

Thank you very much for your feedback and comments. I really appreciate it. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you soon again. The overall atmosphere is Sheraton Miramar with the lighting system at night , lagoons, sea, and landscape make you relax and feel stress free.

Thank you again and looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

We stayed here from 4 to 11 May. Used gotohurghada.net for the transfer and visas, who gave great service and wouldn't even take a tip. Lovely hotel layout with beautiful landscaped gardens. Had a standard room on the 2nd floor in Block 8000 which was spacious and quiet. Yes, the furnishings are a bit dated, but the hotel are charging an excellent nightly rate for Sheraton, so we were happy. Staff were friendly and courteous, towel boys excellent and very helpful, and plenty of available sunbeds. Fantastic breakfast selection with fresh bread and warm pastries, freshly squeezed orange juice, eggs cooked to order, and all the usual you would expect from an international buffet. The previous reviewer mentioned the long jetty. Yes it is a long jetty but it's a pleasant walk and don't be put off if you don't see many fish the first time you snorkel off it. Went in the morning to start with and the water was cloudy, but by the afternoon the water was clear and the wind had dropped and saw a great variety of fish including unicorn fish and squid. Don't bother with the lads selling boat trips on Zeytouna beach (where the jetty is), they're crap and they took us to where the coral was more or less dead and didn't give us very long in the water as they lumped us in with people who just wanted a glass bottom boat trip. TGI Dive School which is the hotel dive school do wonderful trips. It costs a few more pounds but well worth the extra if you like good snorkelling. They took us to beautiful reefs (had 3 trips with them) and on one of these trips we saw dolphins (whilst snorkelling) and turtles. The lads who work for TGI are informative and friendly. Couldn't fault the hotel, and if you want total relaxation then this is the resort for you.

Room Tip: Higher floors in Block 8000 get the sun in the morning so you can sunbathe on your balcony
Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Islam M, Deputy General Manager at Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Dear MrsBWestonsuperMare,

Many thanks for your comments and feedback. It seems you enjoyed the hotel very much and specially the snorkling trips. This is great. Over and above we the resort is built over 9 islands connected with wooden bridges and fantastic landscape over 20,000 square meter. looks like a paradise in day and night with the light system specially designed to contrast the spirit of Elgouna.

it was a pleasure hearing from you and looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

Our first time in El Gouna. The location of the hotel is excellent, only a few minutes walk to the marina. The hotel layout is excellent: a main "island" with the lobby and restaurants etc on, and the rooms are on adjoining islands. Two swimming pools, the usual large family one and a nice quiet relaxtion pool. The breakfast buffet was very good for "egyptian" standards. The staff could have been more attentive during breakfast though. The staff around the pool areas were very good, however be prepared for a long wait for someone to take your drinks/food order. The room was clean, but certainly needs an update. If high glossed pine furniture is your thing, then it's the place for you! I wouldn't bother with the ridiculously long walk down the jetty, we did and found no fish at the end! We were quite surprised, as when we were in Hurghada, it was like an aquarium! Overall a very good hotel, just needs a few minor updates, but excellent considering the price. We booked with sheraton direct, who were giving the best rates.

Room Tip: Block 8000 overlooks the lagoon. Ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Southson
Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

Our third holiday at this hotel. Free room upgrade which was lovely! Hotel and resort a bit quieter this time but busier as towards the end of the holiday. Food in the hotel is excellent, especially the buffet breakfast on the terrace. We were b and b but chose lunch in the hotel 4 days at the different beach bars and pool restaurants. Lots of chose of places to eat at the Marina and Downtown. A day out on the diveboat from the hotel is good for snorkelling or just sunbathing. 27 euros each! We went a wreck diving trip this time and you could lots of fish and coral. Follow by a pod of dolphins on the way back which was amazing!

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear KillieWilma,

Many thanks for your coments and feedback. It is really great to know you enjoyed your 3rd stay here in Sheraton Miramar Resort. it was a pleasure to have you again. We hope to see you soon in the near future in your 4th visit.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

Initially I was afraid of going to Egypt. I've been there several years ago and have spent half of my holiday in bed. But my boyfriend and I were looking for a sunny destination in March so we decided to take the risk. We stayed @ Sheraton Miramar hotel from March 22nd till March 30th.
I am working as a travel agent in Belgium which means that I have visited a lot of hotels all over the world. And I must say that our stay @ the Sheraton was way above my expectations !! The hotel is surrounded by beautiful and well maintained gardens. The rooms are spacious and very clean. Food was delicious !! And I must say that I never had such a kind a helpfull staff in any hotel I've visited before !! I can't understand any negative comment on this hotel. The only thing I can do is recommend this hotel, you will not be disappointed.
I would like to thank the Sheraton Miramar staff for the great time we've had in El Gouna !!

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms are great !!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ilsje829

Dear Ilsje829,

Many thanks for your comments and feedback. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay in Sheraton Miramar Resort and looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

I expected a 5 star experience and what I got was 2 star. This hotel is Sooooooo tired and in need of a refurbishment. Rooms are dusty, furniture old and stained, curtains filthy and ragged, sheets torn, service poor. This is not what I expect from the 'Sheraton' brand. I stayed here for 5 nights after a Nile cruise and a 2 night stop over in Cairo which were both fabulous. El Gouna is an over-rated resort - if you are looking for crystal Red Sea waters you wont find them here. I will NEVER EVER go there again. You have been warned.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Jainii
Islam M, Deputy General Manager at Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear Jainii,

Many thanks for your feedback and comments. I am sorry for what I read about your stay in our resort. it seems that you did not like our hotel although we have other guests that really appreciate it and even love it.

I totaly understand your point of views and your comments will be seriously analyzed and considered. We are in the process of future planning for refurbishment, in addition we have a daily maintenance program for a 20000 square meter resorts including rooms, landscape, lagoons, beaches and many others components.

I thank you again for your comments and appreciate your feedback.

Regards

Ancient Sands Golf Resort & Residences
Hurghada Marriott Beach Resort
Movenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna
Panorama Bungalows Resort El Gouna

Been to Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna? Share your experiences!