Arriving from Luxor in Sheraton Miramar Resort after a 5 hour trip through the desert feels like arriving in a true oasis of peace, tranquility and luxury. The staff happily awaited us with a refreshing towel and complimentary welcome drink after which we started the checkin procedures. As we had quite a complicated booking (combination of free SPG nights and paid nights, for both us and our children in a separate room) it took some time to work things out and fictional remove some guests that had not arrived yet, ultimately leaving us in 2adjoining rooms for our entire stay. Great!
Unfortunately our rooms didn't interconnect thus leaving our kids will all sorts of safety instructions in their plush room next door. The room really is as airy as it seems to be online; really quit some moving space, a nice size king bed and huge bathroom with 2 sinks made us feel as if at home. Sheraton provides is guests with a litre drinking water each each day, although housekeeping forgot to refill ours on 2 occasions..
A negative touch to our room was the aircon: it blew straight at is while asleep, leaving my husband with a severe cold. The aircon in the kids room though was perfectly arranged.
The Sheraton has some 5 pools and 5 beaches spread out over this vast resort, making you forget to be in such a huge hotel. However, when going for a buffet meal it hits you again. A lot of noise in the dining hall hit us hard and the actual buffet area (both for lunch and dinner) is too cramped for the number of guest. We happily moved to the beach side for lunch and La Piscina for dinner. When asked us, both the best choice!
Staff throughout the resort is very friendly and really taking care of you as a guest. Each day we were welcomed with a smile and personal word. Well done!
Of course there are some more negative sounding items too;
- As about everywhere guests are allowed to smoke, this really bothered us from time to time. We're just not used to it anymore...
- Housekeeping is short of staff (I assume) as one day they just didn't show up at all and another day they came really late, too late for us. (we'd already come back from diving)
- The hotel has no wifi in the rooms and wifi in the lobby is rather expensive.
- As the resort is huge, we got lost the first days...
Even though there are some points to address, we'd still recommend this resort for a nice family holiday. Should you wish an intimate get together with your loved one though, you might want to consider another place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna is built on the most magnificent site, spread over 9 Red Sea islands and is designed by the world famous architect, Michael Graves. The award-winning architecture is inspired by ancient Egyptian designs. The unique seafront setting of the resort with the dramatic backdrop of desert mountains, crystalline lagoons, wooden bridges and lush gardens gives you the sensation of being in another world. Perfectly suits family holidays, romantic holidays, Weddings, honeymoons, meetings, seminars and incentives ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Miramar Hotel El Gouna
- Sheraton El Gouna
- Sheraton Miramar El Gouna