Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna
The Captain's Inn(El Gouna)(Great Value!)
US$109
  • Breakfast included
Panorama Bungalows Resort El Gouna(El Gouna)(Great Value!)
US$123
  • Pool
US$184
US$180
  • Breakfast included
Three Corners Rihana Resort(El Gouna)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$130
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Sultan Bey Resort(El Gouna)(Great Value!)
US$100
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
Three Corners Rihana Inn(El Gouna)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$92
Priceline
Mosaique Hotel(El Gouna)
Turtle's Inn(El Gouna)
2,940 results
All reviewsorient restaurantjogging trackshuttle busitalian restaurantmain restaurantbeach bardinner buffetsun loungerskids clubsea viewheated poolspecial thanksegyptian poundstok toknice beachanimation teamhurghada airport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I've been there for 3 nights during april with my wife. Everything was just amazing. The place is very relaxing, you can find beauty everywhere As soon as we arrived, we felt as if we were spending our honeymoon for the second time.
The hotel is huge, built on 5 islands. It has 3 beaches family beach, miramar beach on the sea, and another relaxation beach on the lagoon. It has also temperature controlled swimming pool and other pools for the kids.
The hotel infrastructure is very unique and has the taste of Gouna. Our room was located in compound 8 and had lagoon view. It was very beautiful, clean and its terrace was like paradise.
It is also suitable for families having kids, there are lot of activities such as dancing, swimming and language courses, in addition to complete care for children for 6 hours a day.
We were on half board basis. The breakfast buffet had a lot of varieties, and definitely there is something for every taste. However the dinner is changeable daily with a a new theme ( asian, mexican, american, french, oriental, Mediterranean and international). There is also grilled food during dinner. There are 2 other restaurants, an italian and an oriental one. There is an oriental show every sunday in the oriental restaurant during dinning time. Another special compliment from Sheraton Miramar is that bottled water are free everywhere in the hotel.
There is a daily nightlife entertainment in the Bar or in Pier 17.
We tried the Aroma massage, it was very relaxing and professional. The price list is not expensive related to other hotels in Egypt.
A bus stop is located inside the hotel to take you to the Marina or downtown every 30 minutes.

Generally speaking, our advice is that it is the perfect place in Gouna. You can never miss anything there.

Room Tip: Higher floors definitely offer better view. Try to get room away from the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Islam M, Deputy General Manager at Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Dear MoustaphaRamadan,

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback and comments. It is great to know that you and youe wife enjoyed your stay and had a 2nd honeymoon during your recent stay. Wish you all the happeniss for years and years to come.

The hotel is 209000 sqm size and was built on 9 island connected with wooden bridges and huge landscape and lagoons. Some of our guests call it the Egyptian Venice. It is also a relaxation Oasis where you can escape your daily hectic routine life and enjoy a nice break.

We hope to see you soon in the near future and looking forward to welcoming you back again

Reviewed 30 April 2013

We had a perfect stay at Sheraton, good place
To relax. Rooms were big and clean, and the view was fantastic. We liked the relaxation beach. Only suggestion from us is to make a relaxation / quiet pool.
Breakfast buffet was very good and had everything we needed and so much more.
Staff was all very friendly and serviceminded!
Best recommendations from us!

• Stayed: April 2013
Islam M, Deputy General Manager at Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Dear fhs02,

Thank you very much for your feedback and comments. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

Very calm and peaceful, ideal if you just want to relax and recharge your batteries. Our room was right by the beach, all you had to do was to walk a few meters to be greeted by staff who provided towels and sunchairs. There is the odd salesperson trying to sell you stuff, but compared to Sharm el Sheikh you hardly get hassled at all.

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was clean, nice bathroom, extra plus for free bottled water.

Plenty of restaurants to choose from if you walk to Abu Tig Marina or Downtown. Breakfast was good but overcrowded most mornings. There is a smoking section in the restaurant so be aware not to place yourself there unless you want your breakfast ruined by smoke!

There was free wifi in the lobby, you just ask a receptionist for the code.

I had a manicure done at the salon on the hotel area, a German girl called Victoria did it and she was very friendly and skilled.

El Gouna is very quiet, so if you're looking for wild nightlife this won't be the place for you.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear JasminevonMops,

Thank you very much for your feedback and comments. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you soon in the near future.

The resort is meant to be a rlaxation oasis for those who want to take a time out from the daily routine and as you said recharge the batteries.

Looking forward to welcoming you again

Reviewed 28 April 2013

As always my trip comes to an end with a "see you soon" instead of "goodbye"...excellent value for money. ..friendly staff....great outdoor venues for all ages...amazing landscape and delicious food...well done again and again Sheraton..always am honor to be your guest

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Egipto,

Thank you very much for such positive feelings in your review. it is our pleasure and honor to have as one of our valuable guests and we really hope to see you soon in the near future.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

The problems started just after my online reservation. I got a confirmation email stating that I was good for some other period other than my choice! ( by a whole month that is!). Anyways, emails corrected this. I had made my reservations online with the whole due amount of the stay prepaid. Only, to find out later that I had to repay the same amount again at my checkin because the system didn't record it. Anyways, I'm yet to reconfirm with my bank towards double-payment although that i'm pretty sure that they had withdrawn an amount equivalent to a one night stay at the least.
The checkin procedure was veeeery slow due to a slow system it seems. Their credit card machines didn't function properly ( happened to 2 other customers at the same time). The personnel at the front desk were very friendly and helpful but very slow to be honest. This included an outdated slow reservations system it seems which resulted in long lines of customers forming.
I'm positive there is something wrong with their computer system as I had to personally add some services that I've received to my final bill ( they were not counted) like the mini-bar and a drink at the restaurant.

Problems with the resort itself:

1- I paid extra for a beach front view , which I got, later to find out that the whole view was obstructed by greens. Not the slightest view of the sea was visible, I later asked to change the room but was turned down due to unavailability...bucks down the drain.
2- Bottled drinking water were not supplied unless you ask for it repeatedly.
3- Poor amenities supplied to room for a 5 star resort standard
4- No guides, maps,etc were supplied in rooms detailing the resort nor it's entertainment events. We had to physically explore the premises.
5- Nightlife is non existent except for a very small crowded bar. The resort is dead after dinner time! you could only hear the nightlife from surrounding resorts ! We obviously had to leave for other places for fun. Or maybe there was but we were not told of!
6- towels were delivered to the room by piece! I had to personally answer 3 knocks on the door in 2 hours just to receive one towel each time! Was it a way to receive tips by the staff?! I never knew.
7-Mosquitos are horrible, never dared to stay outdoors after sunset!
8- Breakfast quality and variety was good. Dinner on the other hand, was horrible! ranging from low quality to left-overs from breakfast turned into dinner salads.

The friendly staff and their very nice and polite attitude made up for some of those problems, but it was not enough to compensate it. I'm sorry , but my the whole experience -by far- fell short of my expectations being an old-timer in el Gouna but a new customer to Sheraton.

Holiday ruined thank you......never ever again.

Room Tip: If you choose a sea view room , make sure it's on the 2nd floor. Ground floor views are obstructed by the greenery, you won't be able to see the sea.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Cairodoc

Dear Cairodoc,

Thank you very much for your review. Please accept my apology for not meeting your expectaion during your recent stay. your comments have been shared with the Reservationa nd Front Office Leaders in order to take the needed recovery actions not to have such cases again.

We hope to see you soon in the near future to show you we can do better and to have you as one of our repeated guests.