Well, I can only say that Sheraton Miramar, El Gouna was the best hotel I've stayed in throughout 10 years of vacations in different hotels around Egypt.
The hotel is a perfect getaway with a lovely environment, a great place for a calm vacation away from the fast rhythm of the city and the ongoing demonstrations in Cairo. Located in El Gouna, one of the most classy towns in Egypt, the Sheraton occupies a beautiful location of massive area, 9 islands of luxury. The food is amazing, variety and excellency in taste are 2 keywords that cover it. The pool is wonderful, with a daily schedule for activity from aerobics to water polo (in a separate pool so as not to disturb swimmers) to just chillaxing. There are several beaches with partitions for privacy, always enjoyable at any time of the day. The rooms are always clean and well supplied and the planning of the resort makes each of the rooms overlook either a lagoon, beach or pool, therefore always having a great view.
As an architect I must comment on the architecture of the resort. Designed by the wonderful Michael Graves, the hotel is a breathtaking architectural experience, rich with elements and color that makes you connect with the building instantly. Being awarded with several awards for sustainability, the hotel also works for the welfare of a more green environment. We stayed in room 8117, which was very calm and cozy with a magnificent vaulted roof overlooking similar chalets overlooking a private lagoon.
The weather is great at El Gouna, a cool breeze always accompanying the heat of the sun. The staff is very welcoming, always ready to help and serve and make you feel comfortable (with the concept of Comfort of the Staff therefore Comfort of the Client therefore Profit =) )There are activities and pools especially for children and downtown and the marina are always a shuttle or tok-tok ride away.
Overall the stay was very enjoyable and we're definitely going back again =).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna is built on the most magnificent site, spread over 9 Red Sea islands and is designed by the world famous architect, Michael Graves. The award-winning architecture is inspired by ancient Egyptian designs. The unique seafront setting of the resort with the dramatic backdrop of desert mountains, crystalline lagoons, wooden bridges and lush gardens gives you the sensation of being in another world. Perfectly suits family holidays, romantic holidays, Weddings, honeymoons, meetings, seminars and incentives ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Miramar Hotel El Gouna
- Sheraton El Gouna
- Sheraton Miramar El Gouna