“Nice Food Menu but Poor Room Service”

Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in El Gouna
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I liked the spacious areas and lagoon as well as the facilities, Gym , Sauna, Swimming pool, Shuttle bus and half board food. But I was not fully satisfied by the room service as I had bad experience with the air conditionner and had requested so many times the shampoo, hair conditioner, hair cap,,,,etc.
Also,, I don't like that the half board cost doesn't include the soft drink or cup of tea after dinner. it has been added on the final invoice. Also, The bus from the Gouna main entrance to the hotel cost 25 L.E

I asked for king bed but they were not having. just two twin bed room (around 80cm) so small ...
for the food , it is fine and tasty but not various!! just traditional egyptian food.

Room Tip: Ask for king bed. confirm with them before arriving that the air conditioner is properly working.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Islam M, Deputy General Manager at Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Dear Ebnat A,

Thank you very much for your feedback and comments. I am glad to know that you enjoyed yuor overall stay. Please accept my apology for the shortfalls took place. Please rest assured that the areas of improvements will be shared with the head of departments concerned to take the needed recovery actions.

Hope to see you soon again in the near future.

Islam

Write a ReviewReviews (2,846)

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I regret to say due to illness I have had to cancell my holiday to the Sheraton Miramar El Gouna Egypt
I had booked for 10 days and I am desolate we have been to Egypt many times and even in troubled times however This is The best place in Egypt and the hotel is really nice they even have a relaxation. Beach no kids no music. No notice ball games they have large comfy hammocks a few minuets away there is a beach specialy for kids I love the ritz Carlton in Sharm but I don't like Sharm anymore the Sheraton is set on the Lagoon in El Gouna. There's no cars and traffic just put puts a a very regular bus that goes to the main town and. Fab Marina lots of good value Restaurants I want to get better and book again

Room Tip: Don't pay for a room upgrade most rooms without a see view have a view of the lagoon ask for a l...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank elainesteed13

Dear elainesteed13,

Thank you ver much for your feedback and comments. I hope that you feel better now. Get well soon and will be great to see you soon in the near future.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Just back from a few days in Elgouna, egypt. Stayed at the Sheraton again and they only get better! We were upgraded to a beautiful and spacious beach front room,which had a really lovely terrace complete with 2 sun loungers! bathroom was huge with the luxury of 2 his and her sinks! bed very comfy with crisp sheets and supportive pillows ( important things when you get a bit older!) breakfast was great with a huge selection of food and drinks - I loved the self service cappuccino machine. Staff were extremely helpful, particularly Samir in the waves pool side restaurant where the food was great for a quick lunch time snack. We had massages at the Sheraton spa and they too were excellent and very well priced. Will definitely be going back .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear JJS123_12,

Thank you very much for your feedback and comments. I am very happy to know that your expectations have been met and exceeded during your recent stay with us.

Hope to see you soon agan in the near future.
Looking forward to welcomingyou back.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

First visit was in Dec 2007. Excellent staff and service. We had changed rooms due to reservations, both are spacious and clean. Food was good. There is a shuttle bus that takes you from the hotel to El Gouna downtown and vise versa.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Islam M, Deputy General Manager at Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear Sherbiny,

Thank you very much for your feedback and comments. I am very happy to know that you spent a happy vacation with us and looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

I stayed at Sheraton Gouna back in July and I have couple of comments on this hotel:
first of all I am SPG Platinum member and I definitely know what Sheraton has to offer to their guests from my experience staying in Sheraton hotels around the world.

1- I asked to change my suite as it was very dark during the day, they told me they are fully booked. ( I stayed 5 nights) nobody followed up with me on that. definitely they had check-outs the next days.
2- I didn't feel they know what is SPG for, usually I get special treatment but in this hotel it was absolutely nothing to them.
3- one incident, I was reading a newspaper at morning at the bar and decided to go back and continue reading in my suite then I was stopped by a waitress and in an ordering language she asked me to leave it. I told her that there is a way to tell me the rules she has without embarrassing me as a guest ( she would simply tell me that the newspaper is assigned to the bar and if you need one I will ask the housekeeping to send you the available one to your room). this is what a Sheraton staff with normal training would do.

Pros:

Gouna as a place is amazing, the location of the hotel is near everything.

Room Tip: upper floor, the sea facing side
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank YShawky
Islam M, Deputy General Manager at Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear YShawky,

Thank you very much for your review. Please let me seize this opportunity to extend my deep apologies for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay.

I will share your comments with the head of departments concerned to inviistigate and recover. Meanwhile I will be waiting for your coming stay to show you that we can do better.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

This was our fourth stay at Sheraton Miramar. As usual, great hospitality and amazing friendly staff. The best landscape and relaxing scenes whenever you go at the hotel!
The food was great for both breakfast and dinner with excellent variety and different theme every day. The beach snacks are also very nice. This time, we have tried breakfast at the room and the room service was also super.
We love the swimming pool at Sheraton with the different levels and the kids have enjoyed it everyday.
Special thanks to Mr. Hamdy Khalaf and Mr. Wafy for their extra care.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Gigo_13,

Thank you very much for your feedback and comments. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your 4th stay with us and looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future for the 5th time.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I have again visited Sheraton Miramar, and as usual I found it great place to stay there. The high quality of the service with the best food will be delightful and make your stay very special as the whole team there will be all the time try to get you feel special. If you want a memorable stay go to Sheraton Miramar with your loved ones.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KBDoha
Islam M, Deputy General Manager at Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Dear KBDoha,

Thank you very much for your feedback and comments. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your recent stay and hope to see you soon in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near El Gouna
Ancient Sands Golf Resort & Residences
Hurghada Marriott Beach Resort
Movenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna
Panorama Bungalows Resort El Gouna

Been to Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna? Share your experiences!