“Cairo/Egypt”

Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in El Gouna
Reviewed 28 October 2013

If you are looking for a very nice service and friendly stuff go there.
If you are looking for wonderful food and buffet change every day go there.
If you are looking for fantastic view when you have your meal go there.
Totally excellent.

Room Tip: If u like to have lake view take it standard room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Islam M, Deputy General Manager at Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear shehabeldin_mohamed,

Thank yuo very much for your feedback and comments. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you soon and looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Islam

Write a ReviewReviews (2,845)

Reviewed 19 October 2013

been visiting gouna since 1996 , heaven on earth best red sea spot in Egypt , the hotel is superior best staff ever in good and bad times check in isn't easier than that , food is great and priced reasonably , no groups just elite Egyptians and foreigners , amazing beach and pool .

go and visit abu tig marina with the family operated and owned ethnic restaurants don't miss the safari on atvs 10 minutes away , a full city with the state of the art hospital , beaches and night life again I visited gouna for over 20 times and everytime I get amazed from the developments and it is the top resort city in Egypt don't waste time trying other places if you want the red sea this is the crown jewel

Room Tip: get a sea view room it is worth it
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank walidhassoun
Islam M, Deputy General Manager at Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear walidhassoun,

Thank you very much for your feedback and comments. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and Elgouna as destination.

Please keep coming and contact us directly for any future reservation.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We enjoyed a nice holiday with our friends and little family, this stay is our 2nd stay at the hotel.
We enjoyed the company with our friends, some bad points met us at the hotel and below here a summary:

Good points
family beach
Sea view
Location near marina

Negative points
Pools not heated
Kids club not working
Bar closes at 12
receptionist at check-in was not smiling :(
Cafeteria was not having the night band as used to be
No activities for tens of kids staying at the hotel before EID

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Karim-mohsen
Islam M, Deputy General Manager at Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Karim-mohsen,

Thank you very much for your feedback and comments. I am very happy to know that you have enjoyed your overall recent stay with us.

We here believe that there is always an area for improvements. Your comments will be shared with the Head of Departments concerned in order to take the needed recovery actions.

Looking forward to welcoming you again to show you that we can do better.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Very nice hotel with spacious rooms & bathrooms.
I loved its design & the idea of the boat bar although it wasn’t operating during my stay.
After 6 driving hours we were not offered welcoming drinks although I noticed it was offered to other guests checking in, which shows inconsistency in the treatment.
Also my request for a king size bed was not fulfilled, which was very disappointing
Staff is very polite & very helpful. I loved that the water was for free, but what I didn’t like is that I once called the room service asking for a big bottle of water, & the reply was:”don’t you already have water in your mini bar?!”, availing the water for free shouldn’t make the staff rude when you ask for one as if you’re a beggar
Food was great, I enjoyed the breakfast & the dinner every day during my 5 nights stay, there was a nice variety on the dinner
I’m a sea person so I was little disappointed form the beach, you don’t really feel that this is a sea beach.
The hotel was so quiet in the first 2 days, no activities, no DJ, not even the beach volleyball at 5 PM that I was looking forward to, they’re certainly missing an animation team to make things more active

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Moustafa_Hanafy,

Thank you very much for your feedback and comments. I am very happy to know that you enjyed your ovrall stay with us.

Please accept my apology for the shortfall mentioned and took place during your stay. Your feedback will be shared with the Department Head concerned to take the recovery actions.

Meanwhile we hope to see you soon in the near future to show you that we can do better.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I was in the hotel for three nights, the hotel design is very bad, the pool is small compared to the size of hotel. If you love the beach, definitly it is not the place for you, the beach is tiny strip of sand and sea is small strip of water surrounded by small island, overall the beach doesn't feel like a real sea beach, it's more like a river bank or small lagoon. The room was very nice with a lovely terrace, we got so lucky to have this room as this one of the few locations you can see the open sea from the hotel. The food is exceptionally bad, although a lot of variety but quality is very poor, we tried the dinner buffet for one day but it was as bad as the breakfast buffet. We tried also food on the pool but it was poor quality and over priced. The staff was average, not friendly and not rude as well. I think it's overall overpriced and it was an average experience, not terrible and not excellent, I will definitly not coming back

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Moustafa12,

Thank you very much for your feedback and comments. Please let me seize this opportunity to extend my deep apology for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay with us.

Please rest assured that yuor feedback will be communicated to the Department Heads concerned in order to take the needed actions to recover.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We have just returned from 5 nights at this wonderful hotel. Having stayed here 5 times over the past few years it is always a pleasure to return. The setting is beautiful with everything you need for a peaceful relaxing holiday.
Our room 7107 overlooking the lagoon was lovely and spacious with large terrace and sun beds and very private. Just a few steps and swimming in the lagoon. Fully stocked mini bar, tea and coffee making facilities, toiletries and when asked slippers were sent straight away.
The staff here are a treasure, so professional who go out of their way to make you feel welcome.
Food at breakfast and evening meal was delicious with so many choices.
Good beach facilities with safe swimming and you always feel private. Walking out to the jetty is a pleasure and for those who enjoy snorkling it is straight off the jetty.
It is easy to get to Downtown El Gouna and Marina area by shuttle bus , tuk tuk and boat when you need a change of scenery. Here there are live shows Thursday and Saturday nights Downtown and Friday night at the Marina.
Visit and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LOSTRISLuxor

Dear LOSTRISLuxor,

Thank you very much for your feedback and comments. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We love the Sheraton Miramar. It's in a beautiful setting with super facilities, but what really makes it wonderful are the staff. They are professional and hospitable, and incredibly kind and patient with children. On the morning of our departure, my 7 year old son spontaneously hugged our waiter and said "I'm really going to miss you." My daughter said "I wish we could live here - this place is perfect." I would definitely recommend it for families, but it is large enough to accommodate those who would prefer a peaceful and child-free holiday too.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Islam M, Deputy General Manager at Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Dear Alice337,

Thank you very much for your feedback and comments. I am very happy to know that you and your children enjoyed your stay with us. Our associates are really our assets. We here in Sheraton Miramar are doing our best to meet an exceed the expectations of our guests.

We hope to see you soon in the very near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near El Gouna
Ancient Sands Golf Resort & Residences
Hurghada Marriott Beach Resort
Movenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna
Panorama Bungalows Resort El Gouna

Been to Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna? Share your experiences!