“Very relaxing”

Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in El Gouna
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed there for 3 nights as a part of my honeymoon and it was a terrific experience.

The Nubian architecture combines with well-maintained green pathways and the endless sea to provide an eye candy wherever you go.

The room is very spacious and our beach-front balcony had two chaise longue!

The atmosphere is very relaxing and very joyous. The food is what you expect from a five-stars hotel.

El Gouna itself is a very nice city.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Islam M, Deputy General Manager at Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Mohamed E,

Thank you very much for your review. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Hope to see you soon in the near future.

Islam

Write a ReviewReviews (2,806)

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We just booked our next vacation for this April, at the fabulous Sheraton Miramar for our third time. After traveling to El Gouna 8 times in the last 3 years, we finally found the hotel that really offers everything, beyond your expectations. The rooms are beautifully appointed, the beach is amazing and relaxing, the food is wonderful and the best part is the staff who are nothing short of superb! Adel and I will forever come back to the Sheraton Miramar as it is the perfect place for a holiday. I would say I am somewhat of a selective person on where I choose to stay and this place is perfect. We are really looking forward to coming back and enjoying our 10 day stay. The Sheraton by far, is the BEST hotel in El Gouna!!! Warm Regards, Adel and Maureen

Room Tip: We have stayed in the Executive Suite the first time and it was absolutely beautiful. Likewise, our...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MoieP
Islam M, Deputy General Manager at Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear MoieP,

Thank you very much for your review. It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We wil be waiting for you in April to enjoy your 3rd visit.

Looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I am at awe how this hotel has such a good rating on Trip Advisor!!! The only positive thing about it is it's location between downtown n marina. Everything else is a complete mess. Starting off with the completely misleading signs. It's a very common sight to see hotel guests lost trying to find their rooms and the staff is not always helpful when u ask for directions. The breakfast is chaos n tasteless. There aren't enough waiters, you have to wait ages to get a coffee or cutlery. There was a large table reserved in the best spot every day for hotel guests who never showed up, we often had to sit in the dim dining area because there was no room in the sun. A nearby couple were asked by the waiter to move in the middle of having breakfast as there table was reserved, again for people who never showed up! The rooms were randomly prepared, some didn't have bathrobes or slippers, others had no water, n so on. We called room service to get us the missing items but they never came. The rooms are not cleaned properly, we had a tea stain on the floor during our whole stay. The pool restaurant is amazingly bad! I have never eaten a worse salad and the waiters are so rude and incompetent, they mixed up all our cheques, overcharged us, gave us wrong orders n were impolite. Also, take care when ur checking out that they try to overcharge you, we were a large group and many of us found mistakes in our final bills.
Sheraton Miramar was a very disappointing experience that spoiled an otherwise great stay in El Gouna.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank N D

Dear N D,

Thank you for your review and raising the comments that did not meet your staisfaction. Please let me seize this opportunity to extend my apologies for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay.

I will share your comments with the Head of Department concerned to take the needed recovery action. Meanwhile please let us know about your coming visist to arrange it all and show you we can do better.

Regrads

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I just came back from there. I booked this hotel because of the good trip advisor review but it was a horrible experience. I booked with booking.com and the rate was 220 dollars/night (after booking I discovered that If I had booked directly from the hotel I would have paid only145 dollars/night. After paying this exaggerated rate with my visa card, I was astonished to receive an alert from my bank that sheraton miramar had withdrawn an extra 244 dollars (I authorized them on the site of booking.com to take 1340 dollars and they took 1584 dollars!!!! I called the hotel and they sent me an e mail admitting the mistake and toldI just came back from there. I booked this hotel because of the good trip advisor review but it was a horrible experience. I booked with booking.com and the rate was 220 dollars/night (after booking I discovered that If I booked directely from the hotel I would have paid only145 dollars/night. After paying this exaggerated rate with my visa, I was astonished to receive an alert from my bank that sheraton miramar has withdrawn and extra 244 dollars (I authorized them on the site of booking.com to take 1340 dollars and they took 1584 dollars!!!! ) I called the hotel and they sent me an e mail admitting the mistake and told me that they will put the difference as a credit for me at the hotel. I asked for an extra night and they told me that they will give it to me with their ordinary rate which is 1000 e pound/ night. Checking out was a horrible experience, in spite of showing all the documents they were confused, kept me for an hour and half , even for the extra night they tried to get a higher rate, they only started to comply when I showed anger . Their rude deputy manager called Omar kept telling me 'suit your self' and arrogantly said "we never make mistakes". This hotel is not correct in billing his clients and when you try to get things right they show their rude face. Do not go there if you don't like to be robbed.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank CairoEdward60
Islam M, Deputy General Manager at Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear CairoEdward60,

Thank you very much for your review. Please let me seize this opportunity to extend my apologies for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay. I am pretty much sure that it is a human error and individual mistake.

I will share your comments with the Depratment Head concerned and will invistigate the matter to take the needed corrective actions.

Once again thanks again for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed Sheraton Miramar Resort from 26.12 till 02.01.14. We enjoyed the time there a lot.
- We had a very beautiful room with a view on the sea
- The weather was great.
- Staff was friendly, especially in the bar where we were sitting in the evenings smoking water pipe and drinking tee
- Food was good, maybe a little bit more variety would make it perfect
- We wanted to have a relaxing holidays. Despite the fact that there were a lot of children in the hotel, we always found a calm place (for example, on the beach) to enjoy the sun.
- New Year Eve was well organized, decoration and food were very good. We also liked DJ and the show very much.
We are looking forward to come back to this hotel and would recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jelena K

Dear Jelena K,

Thank you very much and I am very happy to know that you had a memorable stay with us. It is a great pleasure to learn that our guests are happy and satisfied.

Many thanks and hope to see you soon in the very near future.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed there for 4 nights. The hotel facilities are excellent, beautiful gardens and building. The pool is heated in winter and it was excellent. I was on all inclusive basis and the food was served almost all day. The only thing that I didn't like much was the food, it was average (not good not bad) but maybe the reason is the very low occupation of the hotel. All meals had varieties of food from bakeries, sweets, main dishes and so on. I didn't like their bed mattress much as it was too soft for me. The rooms are very beautiful with excellent balcony with a view on water.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second level have better view
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear telerian,

Thank you very much for your call. I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. It gives me a great pleasure to know that our guests are happy and satisfied.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Just came back from a long weekend at Sheraton Miramar with my extended family. This short vacation was great, rooms quality is standard for a resort, service is professional, kids had so much fun in the heated pool and nearby activities, and we all loved the breakfast. Above all, great value for money.
Certainly recommended !

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Mahmoud D
Islam M, Deputy General Manager at Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear Mahmoud D,

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is great to understand that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near El Gouna
Ancient Sands Golf Resort & Residences
Hurghada Marriott Beach Resort
Movenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna
Panorama Bungalows Resort El Gouna

Been to Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna? Share your experiences!