El Gouna is about 30 mins transfer from Hurghada and 40 mins from the airport. It's an amazing place; a private town with 15000 living and working there. The buildings in El Gouna are built around lagoons with bridges joining them together. The style is traditional Arabic in style and colour; very different to most of the resorts in Egypt. The town centre - Downtown - has lots of good shops and restaurants. This is a short (5min) trip on a tuk tuk for 50p each - they are always available at the front of the hotel. The marina is also a good place to eat.
The Sheraton is a beautiful hotel, the staff are friendly and helpful. We were in a beach front ground floor room with a veranda and two sun beds. It was large with a great view of the sea, a lovely comfy bed and a large shower room with twin sinks. We stayed for 10 nights on a B&B basis and ate in the Italian restaurant a couple of times and the food was good. Breakfast was vary varied and buffet style. We also ate in restaurants in Downtown as we like to get to know the local area. The first few days there were few western tourists but lots of Egyptian families staying for a business conference and it was lovely to see them enjoying themselves during such a difficult time in Egypt. The last few days the hotel was much busier with tourists. It's such a shame that this beautiful safe area is so quiet. We went to Hurghada for the day and it was fine.
We almost cancelled the holiday because I had broken my ankle a few weeks before but the staff were so helpful they made it easy for me to get around, the reception and main restaurant was about 5 mins walk from our room but the staff would drive me on a golf buggy at any time if I asked. We will definitely be going back to the Sheraton Miramar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna is built on the most magnificent site, spread over 9 Red Sea islands and is designed by the world famous architect, Michael Graves. The award-winning architecture is inspired by ancient Egyptian designs. The unique seafront setting of the resort with the dramatic backdrop of desert mountains, crystalline lagoons, wooden bridges and lush gardens gives you the sensation of being in another world. Perfectly suits family holidays, romantic holidays, Weddings, honeymoons, meetings, seminars and incentives ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Miramar Hotel El Gouna
- Sheraton El Gouna
- Sheraton Miramar El Gouna