Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna
US$109
US$106
  • Breakfast included
Panorama Bungalows Resort El Gouna(El Gouna)(Great Value!)
US$115
Arena Inn(El Gouna)
Fanadir Hotel(El Gouna)
Turtle's Inn(El Gouna)
2,934 results
All reviewsorient restaurantjogging trackshuttle busitalian restaurantmain restaurantbeach bardinner buffetsun loungerskids clubsea viewheated poolspecial thanksegyptian poundstok toknice beachanimation teamhurghada airport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Kids enjoy it ....No matter how many times we visit you .... they are still exited.

Thank you for the wonderful vacation.

Some areas of the hotel need renovation espeically rooms AC

Some more staff is need at the pool area

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MOrashad
Islam M, Deputy General Manager at Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear MOrashad,

Thank you very much for your feedback and comments. it gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay.

We do have an ongoing maintainance programm for the rooms and outlet, in addition we are in the process of have more efforts in this directions.

Thanks for your remarks and we are working on them.

See you soon

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Only 2 real resorts in Elgouna and Hurghada (more in Suma Bay) Sheraton and Moevenpick.
After trying 2 Moevenpick and not being able to sleep for two nights I escaped to this place, safe heaven at last.
Nice place, 5 star service, very reasonable prices.
Very good value would not hesitate in booking here again.
Missing few things though, concierge desk, vault parking. I think the guests can use those. Pool closes at sunset, no place to soak in water by the bar, I wish they keep pool open till late if not 24 like Orlando or Keys.
Also a professional chef and some good equipment will help their buffet.
Only thing that bothered me was the Lumpy pillow that bangs my head, it was changed when I asked but it shouldn't be there in the first place.
It will also be nice if they can do the bed with 2 bed sheets and a comforter instead of only one with a comforter.
I gotta thank them for maintaining such a nice place.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Mankarios,

Thank you very much for your feedback and comments. I am very happy to learn that you had a memorable overall stay with us.

I will share the ares of improvements raised in your comments with the concerned in order to recover and improve.

Once again Many thanks and hope to see you again in Sheraton Miramar Resort.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Overall
Certainly not 5 star, but worth your money if you get it right

Good
Free water, sub beds, towel service, no hassle and best of all - NO RUSSIANS

Bad
The 'sand' on the 'beaches' is really rubble. Under the water surface its just plain unpleasent greasy silt making your bathing experience a bit odd
Pillows too hard (management: consider pillow menu)
Breakfast selection sub standard, and waiters either not there or too talkative
(Management: in Sharm Hotels the waiters serve you coffee AND fresh juice the second your cup/glass is empty)
Cleaning was sub standard. We did tell the reception, and corrective action was taken.

Ugly
The mosquitos will eat you alive in your room
No free wifi in the rooms - really so-last-century (Management: why this cheap approach?)
The italian lunch restaurant, expensive and bad food. (Management: consider much more options for guests wanting lunch)

Recommendations
If you prefer peace and quite, you definately want a room at the south end of the hotel. The north end, by the marina is very noisy at evenings.
Do not buy the all-inclusive. El Gouna features lots of good restaurants, easily accessible by the cheap tuk-tuk service in El Gouna. The buffet is a joke.
Do not buy half board for lunching convenience, the italian restaurant will disappoint you, and its your only option

Note to manager: please refrain from giving me the standard comment you give all the other reviewers, its very unflattering for you

Room Tip: ask for a room in the 3000 or 8000 series if you like peace
1  Thank TravelAndTell2014

Dear WizOfOzCph,

Many thanks for your review and comments. Please let me seize this oppotrunity to extend my apology for not meeting your expectation during your recent stay.

Please rest assured that our day to day goal is the satisfaction of our guests. I will share your comments with the comcerned in order to even do better and improve. The feedback of our guests is one of our main pillars to perform even better.

We do take the comments of our guest serious in order to provide better service and improve our performance.

It would have a been a pleasure to meet you during your stay to show you that we can do better.

Looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We have just got back from what can only be described as a ‘perfect ‘holiday at the Sheraton Miramar. The hotel, resort, beach and friendly staff are the particular high points. The hotel itself is set in stunning surroundings with lagoons connected together by several bridges. El Gouna resort has a classy feel, much more so that Sharm, so we will definitely not be heading back there in a hurry.
The downside was the food…the buffet was very busy with rude, greedy guests hogging the food, which tasted pretty non-descript. Thankfully we had the option to eat at the Italian, which was ok, the Oriental restaurant was sadly closed; the rest of the time we used the dine around option in the marina. This option does not apply to all the restaurants, but a handful of semi-good ones.
If the food was to be improved the hotel itself would be an even better experience.
From talking to other guests this hotel is one of the best in Hurgarda, we would certainly recommend to other people thinking about booking this hotel. It’s more 4 star plus than the 5 star title, but still extremely lovely. You will be guaranteed a relaxing hotel in tranquil surroundings…pure relaxation.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a beach front room, it's well worth it!

Dear Hargreb,

Thank you very much for your review. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your overall stay. I will share you comments about the food with our Kitchen leaders in order to further check and improve.

Once again Many Thanks and looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I booked this week direct with the hotel and was offered a very good rate. I looked at the movenpick as well but they just offered the standard rack rate. We booked half board as we were just looking for a week of sunshine and relaxation without even having to think about where to eat.

Although the hotel was designed by an award winning architect, we were distinctly underwhelmed by the design. The colour scheme of terracotta with strong blue/green painted door and window frames was not appealing. The check in was efficient and friendly although we were given a twin room when I had booked a double. I didn't argue though as we were just too tired. The room was a bit of a disappointment - functional I think is a fair description and certainly not 5*. I have stayed in far better 4* hotels in London although I recognise that standards are not universal. We also had a bit of trouble with the door - on one occasion it wouldn't lock then on three separate occasions the key card wouldn't let us in. Fortunately, there are telephones linking to the main reception around the grounds and it was sorted quickly although we never found out why it was flashing red. It was nice having a balcony with sunbeds and overlooking the lagoon.
I not sure why, but we both didn't sleep particularly well (the pillows were not very comfortable). The air conditioning didn't help as it was quite noisy.

The guest relations were not very helpful. We picked up a leaflet about an opera that was being screened live in el gouna and combining it with the dine around programme but the gentleman behind the counter seemed clueless about it. In the event we were told the wrong time for the opera and missed half of it.

I had asked for a quiet room but we were a bit horrified at the length of time it took to get to it by luggage cart, however, there was a cut through and we timed it as a 6 minute walk from the room to the miramir restaurant which was great. Although it looks like a warren, you are never too far from the main hub.

Breakfast and dinner although not fine dining, were acceptable for a buffet and we both found something different we enjoyed each night. We used the dine around to eat at the movenpick one evening to check it out and while I preferred the food at the movenpick, my husband preferred the sheraton!

It is a shame that there is not a sunny area to sit out and have a drink in the afternoon by the restaurant, it was quite shady and we were bothered by flies. The beach area overlooking the lagoon however, was pleasant and although the sand wasn't very good quality (some stones mixed in), each pair of sun beds had a whicker screen and parasol and a station where clean towels were bought to you. There was also a small bar on the beach were you could get lunch and drinks.

We used TGI diving twice for snorkelling trips out to the reef. It was quite cheap - £10 for two hours but both times the trip fell somewhat short of the time we were meant to be out. We saw dolphins the first time we were out and the second time (not the first...) we had a short tour of the reef which was so much better than just being left to get on with it.

Overall, we feel that what we paid for the holiday was about right. I thought we were getting a fantastic bargain initially but the old adage "you get what you pay for" probably applies here. The hotel was very quiet and seemed to be frequent more by Egyptians rather than Europeans; the opposite of the movenpick in fact which had lots more children and a very lively atmosphere - Something to bear in mind when booking the hotel.

Overall, we got what we wanted: a relaxing time, sun and a bit of snorkelling.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the lagoon have a lovely outlook.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Islam M, Deputy General Manager at Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear Navybluebiplane,

Thank you very much for your feedback and comments. I am very happy to understand the money of value was met. I thank you for bringing some areas of improvement to our attention. Please ensure that they will be shared with the head of department concerned in order to tak eth eneeded recovery actions.

Meanwhile I remain available for any other comments. Looking forward to welcoming you again to show you that we can do better.