Having stayed in El Gouna 15 times we decided to change our hotel of choice from the Movenpick to the Sheraton, we had always been happy with the Movenpick.
The change was an excellent choice, I had not realised how tired the Movenpick had become ove the years. From the reception area to the rooms all were a vast improvement over the Movenpick. I dont want to knock them to much but the Sheraton is a true 5 star.
As it was our anniverary a few days before we arrived I asked for some sparkling wine in our room for our friends and us, not only wine but a cake was waiting when we arrived. A great start to our holiday.
As we were diving we did not get to use many of the daytime facilities until the last day. This lead to our only problem. We arrived at the pool and found a coule of beds empty except a couple of wet towls. We took over the beds assuming them to be free. some time later a couple arrived back with the pool boy demanding we move from their beds and the umbrella.The pool bot insisted we move so to avoid a scene we moved. They eastern European couple then proceeded to sit in the sun not wanting the shade at all.
As for the rest of the hotel, no problems at all, the breakfast was great, the bar area with the outside seating overlooking the logoon and sea was nice.
TGI on site was great, no bus pickups just a short stroll to the jetty.
Check out was very simple and fast so none of the usual hassel or delays and the bill was correct.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna is built on the most magnificent site, spread over 9 Red Sea islands and is designed by the world famous architect, Michael Graves. The award-winning architecture is inspired by ancient Egyptian designs. The unique seafront setting of the resort with the dramatic backdrop of desert mountains, crystalline lagoons, wooden bridges and lush gardens gives you the sensation of being in another world. Perfectly suits family holidays, romantic holidays, Weddings, honeymoons, meetings, seminars and incentives ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo and LoveHolidays so you can book your Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Miramar Hotel El Gouna
- Sheraton El Gouna
- Sheraton Miramar El Gouna