“best in el gouna”

Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in El Gouna
Reviewed 22 August 2014

we've been in sheraton miramar for 3 weeks in january 2013, we really enjoyed stay there. Staff was friendly , with General Manager Mr Islam Mahrous giving personal touch and overlooking everything the guests needed. Rooms are a bit outdated but still they are one of the best You can get in Egypt- The only better i know in Egypt are in premiere le reuve i sahl hasheesh and kempinski in soma bay.
Food is delicious and chiefs are responding properly to Your requests. You have 3 speciality restaurants from which we liked italian the most and we were frequent visitors. Whole area is properly maintained and pools are cleaned every day. Gym is small but nice and equipment is new. Location is perfect , You can walk 30 min or drive to either el gouna or abu tig marina which looks like puerto banus in Marbella ( i mean about Yachts not shops ). The provide complimentary shuttle to/from golf course which was great for me as do play golf a lot . Our tip dont pay extra for sea view- they are far from pool and restaurants and the view is usually obstructed by trees.
I strongly reccommend this hotel for anyone considering trip Egypt - You wont be dissapointed. I will come back.

Room Tip: dont pay extra for sea view room - its nor worth it
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AiRnEssT
Write a ReviewReviews (2,806)

Reviewed 20 August 2014

It was great. It was there long time ago (October 2010) but I am writing this to help my friends. Don’t miss the seafood open Buffet on Saturdays. Very nice atmosphere. There is a lot of privacy. The hospitality is excellent.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
HamdyKhalaf, Manager at Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Dr_Elghamry,

Thank you very much for posting your stay review on tripadvisor even if it was 4 years ago, and I am happy to know that we make your honeymoon memorable. In regards to seafood night, this not any more available , we have changed this night with different theme night called catch & cut, and hopefully you will be able to visit us soon and enjoy it.

Best Regards

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is my third time in Gouna, my second in Sheraton Miramar and if you scroll down a few reviews you'd find me raving about it back in November 2012. I was looking forward to this trip and writing an even better review at the end of it, but sadly that wont be the case.

Here is a detailed step by step walk-through our check in:

PS :My first visit was in the winter where the hotel's occupation did not exceed 45%, this time it was the peak of the summer period with the hotel 93% occupied.Due to the recent tourism status in Egypt rates when down and so did the general level of everything, service and guests. That being mentioned and with the hotel being understaffed it was doomed from the beginning.

1.We suffered it ALL from the hour and a half wait in the lobby for our rooms to be cleaned and ready to another 20 mins wait for a golf cart to take our luggage to the rooms. We would not have minded all that if when we got to our rooms they were actually clean.Our rooms BOTH were messy, dirty and just not right.

2.I had paid for beach view and both of our room's view were completely blocked by trees you could not see an inch of "blue". Checking in I asked to be located in the 3000s area but was told there were no free rooms there and the receptionist assured me that he will locate me in an even better area the 9000s. In comparison the 9000s rooms are poor, smaller and at least 20 mins walk away from the reception.

3.My reservation was 1 double room and 1 triple room, so they brought in the extra bed for the triple room and I could not believe my eyes. It was a dirty broken worn out metal frame with what looked like a 100 year old wood headboard with the dirtiest, thinnest and to add torn mattress I have ever seen in my life!

That was it for us, I asked everyone NOT to unpack and headed to the reception and instantly asked for a manager, I made up my mind WE ARE LEAVING! But then everything changed 180 deg when Mr. Omar Younis came into the picture. I have to say he is one of the most decent hotel managers I have ever dealt with. I asked to cancel our reservation fee free of course and checkout and when i explained why he sincerely apologized and asked me to leave it to him and if once he was done we were still unhappy he will check us in in another hotel himself.

Mr. Omar within 30 mins fixed literally EVERYTHING, he switched us to rooms in the 3000s area with an "OK" view, supervised the cleaning process himself and added an identical 3rd bed to triple room. He cancelled my initial reservation took off my "beach view" fee and gave me a great rate. Mr. Omar Younis bent backwards to make sure we were satisfied, Mr. Omar you are truly a great asset to this hotel and if it wasnt for you we would have definitely left. Thank you.

A couple more names that I have to mention and thank , Ehab night shift at the reception a very helpful decent young man, Mona and Waleed at the health Club for the great service. When you go out of your way to please the guests within a group of staff that couldnt care less you definitely shine.

A final note, the quality and variety of food has nothing to do with how busy the hotel is. During my first visit the breakfast buffet was AMAZING this time it was just MEHH...POOR with almost half of the items from my first visit not available.

Will I be giving Sheraton Miramar another chance ? Yea BUT in the winter season,never again during the summer.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank RaneimRashid
HamdyKhalaf, Manager at Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear RaneimRashid,

Thank you very much for your feedback, I am very happy that we were able to meet your expectations in regards to service recovery and I would like to let you know that all your concerns are taken care of and we look forward to your next stay in the Winter and by then we will make sure to provide with a much better experience.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

No rules in the swimming pool (people go swimming wearing normal clothes –jeans and cotton shirts!!, Maids wz kids in the pool in normal clothes ... etc.). Room service is a disaster (one hour to receive 3 slices of white cheese and 2 loafs of bread. Unprofessional although I was putting (don’t disturb sign) the guy kept knocking on the door!! Poor cleaning, buffet badly maintained and unclean dishes in the restaurant. Generally our experience was horrible, not planning to come back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sameh s

Dear sameh s,

Thank you very much for your feedback, we regret that we were able to meet your expectations, please accept my sincere apology for not being able to do so.

All your concerns are considered for future improvements and an immediate actions already took place.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Very poor cleaning standard
Breakfast buffet badly maintained and unclean
Floor dirty
Water glasses used
Service slow and unprofessional
Generally our experience was bad maybe related to high season but not planning to come back

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Norawahby

Dear Norawahby,

Thank you for writing about us on tripadvisor, I understand from your review that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us, therefore please accept my sincere apology for not being able to meet your expectations.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Very terrible service and lack of hospitality. Rooms are not clean, a lot of insects in the room, very slow room service, the pool is also not clean and only 155 cm deep, bad food, was also very unpleasantly surprised by the beach and overall facilities are subpar.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Sarah N

Dear Sarah N,

Thank you very much for your comments. we learn that we were not able to meet your expectations. We will consider your feedback for future service improvements and we look forward to welcome you back soon and hopefully by then we will be able to provide you with an enjoyable holiday.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I enjoyed so much my stay at Sheraton Miramar .. It is really a good place for vacation and relaxation ..

The hotel is huge .. vast .. built on the nubian traditional style .. rooms are distributed on a huge surface on 2 floors .. every section has a pleasant color (on the nubian custom) varying from red to yellow to blue .. rooms are located among vast gardens and lakes with wooden bridge .. the place is very quiet (except the pool section) and the hotel is equipped with all facilities .. the hotel has an arena of 1 km very suitable to run or walk in the morning , a billiard table and a center for diving and surfing , a private quiet long beach...

the breakfast is excellent and rich , you can have it on the terrace while enjoying the blue water

The hotel provide a boat shuttle (sea taxi) which operates 3 times within a day to transfer guests at Gouna downtown , and you can have a weekly ticket for this boat shuttle combined with a bus shuttle for 20 LE only (very cheap) or a day ticket for 5 LE

The hotel is awesome .. rooms are very spacious with excellent bathrooms and with very spacious balcony or terrace equipped with comfortable chaise longue ..

there are 3 options for rroms choice , rooms with pool view , or wiith lagoon view or with sea view ..

I choose room with a sea view it was excellent , luminous , spacious , with spacious terrace and 2 steps away from the private beach , but i need to walk a long distance to reach the lobby and the breakfast hall in the morning ,,

but this hotel is really excellent place for a vacation...

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent and spacious with spacious balcony , but for those who can't walk long d...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Dr W G

Dear Dr W G,

Thank you very much for your detailed review on tripadvisor and I am very happy to learn that we were able to provide you with an enjoyable holiday. Our guest are very much interested in the design of the hotel and the facilities provided at the destination in order to let guests enjoy their vacation.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon

Ancient Sands Golf Resort & Residences
Hurghada Marriott Beach Resort
Movenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna
Panorama Bungalows Resort El Gouna

Been to Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna? Share your experiences!