Our first time in Egypt and we chose El Gouna following the reviews on Trip Advisor as we wanted a chill-out holiday with minimal hassle and lots of places to eat out at night. We booked B&B at the Sheraton.
We booked through a travel agent with Classic Collections and their Travco rep who met us at the airport, sorted our visas and travelled with us to the hotel was very good. On the advice of a Trip Advisor member we had pre-registered as a Starwood Preferred Guest and had emailed the hotel before arrival requesting a "nice" room. Upon arrival we were allocated an upgraded Dome room in the 2000 block which was very spacious and clean. Housekeeping was excellent.
We thought the breakfast was superb - everything you could want (except porridge...but we weren't in icy Britain so it didn't matter!).
The main things we liked about the hotel were:-
1) The friendliness & helpfulness of the staff. Every member of staff we passed said hello. We also felt that there were plenty of staff, especially at breakfast.
2) Really enjoyed a couple of meals at the Oriental 1001 restaurant. Fantastic homemade breads.
3) Due to the sprawling size of the resort it felt really peaceful and quiet. The "gardens" were lovely to walk through. The hotel was apparently full when we were there but it certainly didn't feel like it.
4) The shuttle bus facility to the Marina and Downtown although you could easily walk it.
Would recommend the Sheraton for a relaxing holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna is built on the most magnificent site, spread over 9 Red Sea islands and is designed by the world famous architect, Michael Graves. The award-winning architecture is inspired by ancient Egyptian designs. The unique seafront setting of the resort with the dramatic backdrop of desert mountains, crystalline lagoons, wooden bridges and lush gardens gives you the sensation of being in another world. Perfectly suits family holidays, romantic holidays, Weddings, honeymoons, meetings, seminars and incentives ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Miramar Hotel El Gouna
- Sheraton El Gouna
- Sheraton Miramar El Gouna