Hotel was clean and tidy but a bit tired in certain areas. Staff lovely on the whole. The buffet breakfast experience was very good but we did have poor service in the bar and La Piscina restaurant on one occasion. We didnt have any other evening meals in the hotel so cannot comment on those.
Family pool is ok but swimming pool is unheated and quite cold. Both pools are too small for size of hotel. However you can swim in the lagoons which was good.
We were upgraded to a better room overlooking the beach which was, again, good but not great.
On the whole our stay was comfortable and relaxed but there was no wow factor.
El Gouna is a good Egyptian resort. Downtown is ok and the marina is lovely for strolling around but there was hardly anyone around when we were there so not good for people watching. There is a good choice of restaurants in the marina and the White Elephant is a good option for Thai, in downtown area. We tried 5 different restaurants in the marina and all were ok or good, but again, none was great.
Its worth going snorkelling even if you dont dive. We went on 2 hr trip to reef and saw some loads of fish and a massinve turtle.
I would recommend geting a weekly bus pass at 20 egyptian £. We really made use of this.
Weaher was good, hot & sunny every day but the area is well known for kite surfing...there is a reason for that.......very windy !!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna is built on the most magnificent site, spread over 9 Red Sea islands and is designed by the world famous architect, Michael Graves. The award-winning architecture is inspired by ancient Egyptian designs. The unique seafront setting of the resort with the dramatic backdrop of desert mountains, crystalline lagoons, wooden bridges and lush gardens gives you the sensation of being in another world. Perfectly suits family holidays, romantic holidays, Weddings, honeymoons, meetings, seminars and incentives ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Miramar Hotel El Gouna
- Sheraton El Gouna
- Sheraton Miramar El Gouna