Hotel Sultan Bey Resort
  • Pool
Arena Inn(El Gouna)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsshuttle boatzeytouna islandbeach boyclose to downtownnice swimming poolhalf boardsmall hotellagoon viewrooms are comfortableenjoyed my staytravel agentrelaxing holidayprivate beachlovely roomdowntown el gounatok tokspecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have enjoyed my stay in the hotel.. its cozy, clean and you feel like home.. food is good but could have been better; service is amazing and staff are friendly.. more care should be given to pool's cleanness.. I do recommend to stay while visiting gouna..

Room Tip: choose the rooms with pool view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel view, swimming pools, rooms, room service, and rates are very good ... food is reasonable quality and not really of the same quality of the hotel but all in all experience is very good and i recommend it for a good stay in Gouna

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Osama H
vlusci, General Manager at Hotel Sultan Bey Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Mr. Osama,

Thank you for your nice review; it was a pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for your trust. Should you have any other question, please do not hesitate contacting us and we do hope having the pleasure to welcome you soon again in Sultan Bey.

Wishing you a nice day, I thank you once again and remain,
with best regards

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The hotel is cozy warming stuff is very friendly .., the food was great with many many varaities .. the sleep was DEEP no noise at all .. the heated swimming pool was great .. the lacking star is for limited sea activities but dont worry a shutlle boat is there to take you anywhere u want free of charge
about the rooms u must choose a lagoon view because all other views garden or whatever aren't that good view

Room Tip: Go for deluxe rooms with lagoon view ONLY .. stay away from the Club House area !
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mr. Ahmed,

It was a pleasure to read your review and I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at our hotel online. All your comments are very important, as we consider them a useful tool to evaluate our customer service and take the necessary action whenever it is needed. Should you have any other question, please feel free to contact us at any time and we do hope being able to welcome you soon again in Sultan Bey.

Best regards

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We have stayed at the Sultan Bey for four weeks each year for the last 8 years. We have found
there a consistency of food quality and service and the whole staff are so friendly and welcoming.
Occasionally there are hiccups, as in any hotel, We have stayed in many 5* hotels around the world and all have had the occasional problem. Any problem which has occured at the Sultan Bey has been dealt with quickly.
The location is excellent and within easy reach of all the local transport
The atmosphere in the hotel is relaxed, no stuffyness yet efficient.
We have recommended friends to stay at the Sultan Bey and we would certainly
not do that if we felt they would not enjoy their stay

Room Tip: overlooking the lagoon
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
vlusci, General Manager at Hotel Sultan Bey Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Guest,

I first of all would like to thank you for having taken the time to post a comment on Trip Advisor. Your opinion is valuable and used to keep or improve our customer service whenever it is necessary. It seems we were able to meet your expectations, which makes me very happy. I would like to thank you for your trust and look very much forward to your next visit.

For any other question or wish you may have, please feel free to contact us at anytime.

Wishing you a lovely Easter, I remain,

with sunny regards from El Gouna

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed there for 3 nights last weekend. We booked the deluxe superior room.
The room view was blocked by a huge tree. The room is not spacious enough. No mirror in the room; only in the bathroom.
Lots of mosquitos. Staff is very unprofessional, they made us wait indefinitely for our room to be ready. The housekeeping person was very unprofessional; he came into the room without even knocking on the door and was very impolite when talking to us.
No laundry service; i wanted to press my suit; reception told me the hotel doesn't have the required equipment to do it.
Put all these service issues aside, the furniture and decoration was very poor. The room probably wasn't renovated since early 90's. AC was terrible (photo attached); TV was very old and broken with no buttons. the beds were very hard and uncomfortable. the hotel however has a nice view and a nice pool. But this doesn't stand in face of all the other problems we ran into. Overall experience: AVOID, TERRIBLE!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Moealy
vlusci, General Manager at Hotel Sultan Bey Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Mr. Aly,

I first of all would like to thank you for having taken the time to share you experience with us on online. Your opinion is very important to us and we take all your comments very seriously, as we consider them a very useful tool to keep or improve our customer service whenever it is needed.

I am sorry to hear about your concerns and would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused from our side. Please allow me to provide you hereafter with our feedback: concerning the housekeeping experience, I would like to inform you that our service is based on high service quality standards within each department. Most of our regular guests are happy with our familiar service, which let us reach a high ranking position among our guests' satisfaction analysis. For example, our housemen always knock 3 times before entering a room, kindly announcing himself for a smooth and discreet entrance to avoid any unpleasant situation in case a guest is in the room/bathroom. Concerning the mirror in the room, you most probably did not notice that there is a big one inside the cupboard in the room itself. For your information, we have electronic devices against mosquitos available at the reception upon request. As well, note that El Gouna offers a pest control fumigation service on a daily base, early morning and after the sunset, all around the hotels to minimize as much as possible the flying insects issue. Concerning the renovations, I am glad to inform you that we did renovate a part of the hotel last year and a 2nd phase is foreseen to start this summer to ensure our guests' satisfaction. This said, I would have highly appreciated receiving your comments during your stay so that an immediate action could have been taken on the spot.

Should you have any other question or topic to be discussed, please feel free to contact us at anytime. We do hope to be able welcoming you again in Sultan Bey and remain in the meantime,

with warm regards