“Fantastic for family's”
Review of Surf & Turf - CLOSED

Surf & Turf
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Under new ownership, from January 2012. This new fish restaurant has all types of wonderful fresh fish as well as meat and chicken dishes. Delivery available.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic for family's”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Owned by English lady with Egyptian partner. Friendly ideal for family's nothing to much trouble if its not on menu just ask and they will do their best to make it.

• Visited July 2013

Basildon, England, United Kingdom
“Yum Yum”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Mouth is watering just thinking of this dish was exceptional. Definitely recommend had this dish twice.

Visited June 2013
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“A very good meal.”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

As part-time residents of El Gouna for the past 7 years we have visited many of the restaurants in both Downtown and Abu Tig Marina, experiencing many highs and lows with regards to quality and standards of cuisine, not to mention the occasional post prandial stomach upset which has made us somewhat cautious.
We tried Surf & Turf for the first time last month and were very pleasantly surprised with the fish and chips we ordered.
The owners Fiona and Yusef made us feel very welcome and the food was excellent, freshly cooked fish in a light batter- without the obligatory grease and subsequent indigestion suffered all too often after eating fried fish from a restaurant! The chips were hand cut, hot, crisp and cooked all the way through- no hard lumpy bits in the middle. We also received a complimentary dessert- a delicious crepe with orange segments and chocolate sauce.
They also offer a take away service and towards the end of our stay we ordered steak and chips which was delivered promptly, piping hot and very good.
In our experience the standard was high and the prices very reasonable. We will be back in El Gouna in a couple of months time and will certainly visit again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“very friendly”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

as soon has we step in the surf we felt very welcomed good food and will deff go back when we are in el gouna thank you to all at the surf and turf
tony and jean

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Fish not recommended”
Reviewed 4 May 2013

It was my last day in Gouna and after a large breakfast i wanted a light grilled fish and chips before the drive back to Cairo. I chose here as I knew a beer was available and Fish Market in Cairo has stopped serving alcohol. I made a bad choice. Better to have good fish and no beer that the meal I had here.
My order was sea bass and I was worried when I tried to cut the fish that I could become very sick due to the toughness of the fish. I didn't become sick but also didn't enjoy the meal at all. Not only was it tough it was seasoned in an unusual way which was far from my expectations of a delicate light grilled fish lunch.
Will not visit again and will try Fish Market.