I spent in May 2014 a week at the Steigenberg Golf Resort after an absence of 3 years and was somewhat disappointed. While the Staff is courteous, the rooms generous and clean, the food was with the exception of the dessert buffet pretty disappointing. Besides it would be good to keep the birds away from the buffet.
The main Swimming Pool while not big became rather less attractive when local women fully dressed started taking a bath and small children not able to swim without swimming aids were let in the big pool without the attendant objecting in spite of the posted rules to the contrary. I called the attention of the pool attendant who was quite helpless taking any action.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at one of El Gouna's lagoons, in the middle of an 18-hole golf course, the luxurious Steigenberger Golf Resort expresses a mixture of modern architecture with a reflection of regional tradition. The hotel grounds overlook the championship golf course, lagoons, pool and lush gardens. Offering the finest cuisine and excellent service, the hotel caters to the sophisticated golfer and vacationer. Its close distance to the down town and marina of El Gouna invites to have a walk and discover El Gouna's facilities, restaurants, sports and water excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, TravelUp, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Steigenberger Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Golf Hotel El Gouna
- Steigenberger Hotel El Gouna
- Steigenberger Resort El Gouna