We stayed at Three Corners Ocean View Hotel from Friday 7th to Friday 14th October 2011 and there were 6 of us.
When we got off the plane it wasn't really clear where we were supposed to get our Visa's and some people were getting them at a different price by using the Thomas Cook stand, once the locals caught on that's what we were doing they ushered us all back into the original queue. But on average you'll pay £11-£15 for your Visa.
We arrived at the hotel by around 10.00pm and had a lovely greeting in reception, which must be customary in Egypt as we also got this when we arrived at Sharm earlier in the year, with a drink. There was a bell boy who took our luggage to our rooms for us. I think this is a really nice touch at the end of a plane journey. The hotel had also kept their buffet restaurant open for us so we could have something to eat, great stuff!
The following morning when we got up and looked out over the balcony WOW it is amazing. The views are fantastic. The lagoons are beautiful. The hotel does a free boats trip, which last an hour, around them too.
You can book this trip through the Customer Relations Desk. One of the women is really helpful and polite the other was really miserable but perhaps she was having a bad day.
The buffet restaurant food is adequate but I wouldn't say it was outstanding. There was plenty of choice of starters, mains, salads and deserts but I still found on a couple of occasions I could take or leave it. The staff are very helpful and always ensured there was a table for the 6 of us to sit together.
There is 2 a la carte restuarants with an italian and a belguim theme but bizarrely it is the same restaurant under the same roof. So basically you sit in the same place but can have either menu?! The food is absolutely fantastic, cannot be faulted, and the staff are fun, polite and very friendly.
We celebrated a friends birthday and our wedding anniversary whilst we were all in El Gouna. We were given a heart shaped cake and ate in the a la carte restuarant where the staff serenaded by the staff and given a cake with candles. Also it was our friends 27th birthday, she was given a cake by the hotel, another by the restuarant, flowers picked by one of the pool attendants and cocktails in the peanut bar. They really went all out to make sure we all had a good time, which we did.
We had lots of fun with Siead by the pool and he was really helpful when a couple of our group had fallen ill with a stomach bug so thank you :-).
The animation team (Hero, Gareth and Rowena) were also great fun and provided us with lots of entertainment doing darts, bowling and water aerobics everyday. With Quizzies and Bingo in the evening. Unfortunately their evening theatre shows left a lot to be desired and most people, including us, left to seek their own entertainment.
The pool area was lovely and we went to visit the other pool area with the big posh beds. It was lovely but we were told by other guests that if you wanted a day there we would have to get there for 8am for a bed. I can understand why it was in demand, it was tranquil and lovely. Fortunately for everyone we didn't use the area as being a group of 6 we were quite noisey. So we stayed at the other pool where they played music :-).
All in all we had an amazing time, thank you Three Corners!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel**** Prestige acclaims a special location in El Gouna. Stretched along the Abu Tig Marina, the two swimming pools are unique: one overtops the Red Sea itself while the other pool is set in the middle of this superb Marina. The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel, as well in the Le Soleil building as in the Du Port building, offers waterfront lodging, dining, shopping or poolside fun and prides itself in indulging your desires. All guests can enjoy the facilities in our two building freely, no matter where they may have their room. Travelling alone, as a couple, or with a group of friends, Ocean View represents the best adults only quality holidays in an exclusive, stylish environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Three Corners Ocean View Hotel - Adults only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 3 Corners Ocean View Hotel
- Hotel Three Corners Ocean View
- Three Corners Ocean View El Gouna