Ok, so we went on the week that had the worst weather in years with 2 inches of rain in 30 minutes but it still didn't dampen our holiday!
The hotel deserves each of its 5 stars. The staff are so friendly, the service excellent. Even when everything leaked and water was everywhere the staff all mucked in and got everything dry! Even a short electric power cut didn't phase them!
The food was very good quality. Not maybe the range and choice of some ALs I've been on, but far better quality of food. All the drink was also very drinkable!
Having never been to his part of Egypt we didn't know what to expect. We got a nice surprise with a lovely marina, shops and restaurants and no one hassling us which was a very pleasant surprise.
Overall we had a great week.
2 little things both from Thomas cook and not the holiday. 1. Visas. We had been advised we didn't need a visa but also read that Thomas cook staff guided people to their stands to pay extra for visas. A visa for Egypt is $15 and this is clearly printed on the visa but the Thomas cool staff tried to charge more.
2. On the way home at checkout the Thomas cool check in staff said the plane wasn't full and if we wanted to buy a third seat to spread out (there was 2 of us) we could for £25. So we did and got a receipt only to be told on the plane that this was rubbish and you can't buy extra seats! We are reporting this to Thomas Cook! So beware!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel**** Prestige acclaims a special location in El Gouna. Stretched along the Abu Tig Marina, the two swimming pools are unique: one overtops the Red Sea itself while the other pool is set in the middle of this superb Marina. The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel, as well in the Le Soleil building as in the Du Port building, offers waterfront lodging, dining, shopping or poolside fun and prides itself in indulging your desires. All guests can enjoy the facilities in our two building freely, no matter where they may have their room. Travelling alone, as a couple, or with a group of friends, Ocean View represents the best adults only quality holidays in an exclusive, stylish environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Three Corners Ocean View Hotel - Adults only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 3 Corners Ocean View Hotel
- Hotel Three Corners Ocean View
- Three Corners Ocean View El Gouna