I don't dispute that this is a very good hotel in so many ways, but certain important features do let it down. My husband and I have just returned from a two week holiday. Accommodation is spread over three blocks and if you are in the Du Port building you have a fair old trek to the dining room for each meal time. There were also frequent problems with the lift during our first week - no fun when you are on the fourth floor. In fairness though we had a lovely, large and comfortable room and slept very well (except on the second Thursday night when the Du Port Pool Club is the venue for a weekly disco party with international DJ. This was directly opposite our room and the music continued at mega-decibels until 3 am - but maybe we're just getting old!). The Du Port pool during the daytime was beautiful and relaxing with plenty of sunbeds and parasols. The whole area is looked after by Mohamed who works tirelessly ensuring guests have towels, moving parasols, ensuring the pool is clean, and anything else that is needed. There is also a bar and sandwiches are available at lunchtime. In the main building there is a very pleasant lobby bar and the bar staff are first class - attentive, efficient, friendly and always ready with a smile. The food was good and the chefs would prepare a special request. Unfortunately I had a stomach upset during the first week and after two days of fasting I didn't feel I could face TexMex for my first meal and when My husband spoke to one of the chefs (Christophe)he offered to prepare some grilled chicken breast, boiled rice and steamed vegetables. Cooked to perfection and very much appreciated. My husband also mentioned that we had spoken to quite a number of people with tummy upsets (I am confident this was nothing to do with the food in the hotel) and suggested there may be some merit in offering a little bland simple food at each mealtime for those who were recovering. The night after that was done, and continued throughout our holiday. We know this was greatly appreciated by a number of guests and it is impressive that the comments made were taken on board and acted on. The dining room is a little disappointing, sometimes feeling more like a canteen and a lot of the wobbly tables could do with some attention, although it is nice and clean. Outside there is the lovely sunny terrace, which is also used as an entertainment space on most evenings. Unfortunately it doesn't really work as if you are not on the front row it is difficult to see much of what is going on. The DuPort Yard is a much better entertainment venue, but is possibly not used as often because of the distance from the main building. It was also pleasing to see that the General Manager was frequently round and about, chatting to guests in the Lobby Bar, and on one occasion when the bar was very busy he joined the bar staff in serving guests. The best kind of manager and that is reflected in the attitude and competence of all the staff. One major problem my husband encountered - he had booked to go on a cycle tour with the Animation Team - a big factor in our choosing this hotel. The bikes were in an appalling state. Three had no working brakes, two had gears which were't working and there were various other defects. My husband felt these bikes were dangerous and ultimately did not go on the cycle ride. He was very disappointed and the only response from the Animator was "it's not my problem". Not a good attitude!
And I must mention the Peanuts Bar. Good music, great atmosphere, brilliant bar staff, and a most unusual floor covering! But do beware the Peanut Wars - they can break out without warning and it's impossible not to join in.
So, a good hotel in so many ways, and most of the staff are fantastic. Despite some negatives we will stay at this hotel again although we will request a room in the main building.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel**** Prestige acclaims a special location in El Gouna. Stretched along the Abu Tig Marina, the two swimming pools are unique: one overtops the Red Sea itself while the other pool is set in the middle of this superb Marina. The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel, as well in the Le Soleil building as in the Du Port building, offers waterfront lodging, dining, shopping or poolside fun and prides itself in indulging your desires. All guests can enjoy the facilities in our two building freely, no matter where they may have their room. Travelling alone, as a couple, or with a group of friends, Ocean View represents the best adults only quality holidays in an exclusive, stylish environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Hotel.de so you can book your Three Corners Ocean View Hotel - Adults only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 3 Corners Ocean View Hotel
- Hotel Three Corners Ocean View
- Three Corners Ocean View El Gouna