“Amazing hotel”

Three Corners Ocean View Hotel - Adults only
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in El Gouna
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Just got back from three corners ocean view ,, had an amazing holiday as usual , this hotel and staff never cease to amaze me , I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone , this was my 14 th visit and can't wait to go back again , the hotel is fantastic , the surroundings , the staff just can't do enough for you ,food is spot on with loads to chose from , the management is brilliant especially the general manager Jurgen

Room Tip: All rooms are very good
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
TTC-OV, General Manager at Three Corners Ocean View Hotel - Adults only, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel following your 14th stay with us, and for sharing your wonderful remarks on our resort.
I am delighted that your visit was amazing. We are looking forward to welcome you back here soon.
With sunny and warm regards
Jürgen Grübel

Write a ReviewReviews (3,310)

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Just returned from a two week holiday at the Three Corners Ocean View.
First time at this hotel. First impressions, ideal location, amazing helpful and friendly staff, good clean rooms with air conditioning that actually works!, excellent swimming pools and excellent seating area for mealtimes. Evening entertainment very poor for such a top rated hotel.
We were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and went with our best friends.
One by one we were struck down with a nasty stomach bug each spending a day confined to our room. My husband unfortunately not so lucky. Was admitted to El Gouna Hospital with food poisoning on day 9. Thank goodness for travel insurance, cost £1760 euros for a two night stay!
Discharged with antibiotics for remainder of holiday. No alcohol, bland foods only and no direct sunshine. So the last 5 days were ruined!
We were not the only guests to be taken ill as we soon found out.
Can not fault the staff for the service they provided once they were aware of my husbands illness. A big thank you to Hanez the Sous Chef for arranging fresh fruit salad every mealtime until our departure.
But a sad ending to what was supposed to be a special time to celebrate our wedding anniversary! You don't expect to spend your holiday in a hospital bed!

4  Thank wendypenny
TTC-OV, General Manager at Three Corners Ocean View Hotel - Adults only, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2014

Dear Guest,
Have a very nice day from The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel. My team and I would like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. We highly appreciate your feedback.
Your feedback is helping us continuously to improve the service we offer.
This recognition directly influences our commitment to further improvements.
Your remarks are of high value for us and to take the necessary action. Action plans will be put in place to improve in these points.
Once again, thank you for your visit to our hotel and for your feedback. The whole team and I would be happy, if we could welcome you back here in The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel.
With warm regards

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was our second visit yo TCOV. I love it here. It's relaxing and I had a feeling of coming home. The food was nice. Not the best I've had. But we could find something we liked especially the soups. Asian night wasn't that good so take a trip out for dinner. Restaurants are sensibly priced around the Marina. Our room was lovely. Great views and very comfortable. Made sone lovely friends. We are hoping to return later this year if we can squeeze another holiday into our plans. Thanks to all the wonderful staff who made our holiday special. Best we have had in any hotel we have stayed.

1  Thank frillyholidays

Dear Guest,
Have a very nice day from The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel.
Thank you for posting your review and the high score you gave us.
We are happy to read that you had a wonderful time with us.
We would be happy to welcome you back soon.
With warm regards from El Gouna

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I don't dispute that this is a very good hotel in so many ways, but certain important features do let it down. My husband and I have just returned from a two week holiday. Accommodation is spread over three blocks and if you are in the Du Port building you have a fair old trek to the dining room for each meal time. There were also frequent problems with the lift during our first week - no fun when you are on the fourth floor. In fairness though we had a lovely, large and comfortable room and slept very well (except on the second Thursday night when the Du Port Pool Club is the venue for a weekly disco party with international DJ. This was directly opposite our room and the music continued at mega-decibels until 3 am - but maybe we're just getting old!). The Du Port pool during the daytime was beautiful and relaxing with plenty of sunbeds and parasols. The whole area is looked after by Mohamed who works tirelessly ensuring guests have towels, moving parasols, ensuring the pool is clean, and anything else that is needed. There is also a bar and sandwiches are available at lunchtime. In the main building there is a very pleasant lobby bar and the bar staff are first class - attentive, efficient, friendly and always ready with a smile. The food was good and the chefs would prepare a special request. Unfortunately I had a stomach upset during the first week and after two days of fasting I didn't feel I could face TexMex for my first meal and when My husband spoke to one of the chefs (Christophe)he offered to prepare some grilled chicken breast, boiled rice and steamed vegetables. Cooked to perfection and very much appreciated. My husband also mentioned that we had spoken to quite a number of people with tummy upsets (I am confident this was nothing to do with the food in the hotel) and suggested there may be some merit in offering a little bland simple food at each mealtime for those who were recovering. The night after that was done, and continued throughout our holiday. We know this was greatly appreciated by a number of guests and it is impressive that the comments made were taken on board and acted on. The dining room is a little disappointing, sometimes feeling more like a canteen and a lot of the wobbly tables could do with some attention, although it is nice and clean. Outside there is the lovely sunny terrace, which is also used as an entertainment space on most evenings. Unfortunately it doesn't really work as if you are not on the front row it is difficult to see much of what is going on. The DuPort Yard is a much better entertainment venue, but is possibly not used as often because of the distance from the main building. It was also pleasing to see that the General Manager was frequently round and about, chatting to guests in the Lobby Bar, and on one occasion when the bar was very busy he joined the bar staff in serving guests. The best kind of manager and that is reflected in the attitude and competence of all the staff. One major problem my husband encountered - he had booked to go on a cycle tour with the Animation Team - a big factor in our choosing this hotel. The bikes were in an appalling state. Three had no working brakes, two had gears which were't working and there were various other defects. My husband felt these bikes were dangerous and ultimately did not go on the cycle ride. He was very disappointed and the only response from the Animator was "it's not my problem". Not a good attitude!
And I must mention the Peanuts Bar. Good music, great atmosphere, brilliant bar staff, and a most unusual floor covering! But do beware the Peanut Wars - they can break out without warning and it's impossible not to join in.
So, a good hotel in so many ways, and most of the staff are fantastic. Despite some negatives we will stay at this hotel again although we will request a room in the main building.

Room Tip: Request main building unless you are happy to walk some distance each mealtime.
1  Thank Diane W

Dear Guest,
Have a very nice day from The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel. I hope you have had a comfortable trip home. Thank you for writing your review and for your positive and critical feedback.
I am sad to here that not everything was as expected for you. We will work on the remarks you gave us in order to improve our service.
Your feedback is helping us continuously to improve the service we offer.
This recognition directly influences our commitment to further improvements
With warm regards

Reviewed 24 June 2014

After lousy late in day flight, we arrived at what appeared to be an "ok" looking hotel.That tired so we more or less unpacked grabbed a quick salad and went to bed.
Next morning,WOW, awoke to stunning views of the lagoon and Red Sea, walked around the hotel and found great views of Abu Tig marina, can I have one of those boats please?
So, location fantastic, service as good as most I've known, nothing too much trouble for any staff member.Our room(2108)was quite large, very functional,TV if needed, tea and coffee making available and own sunbeds outside room(ground floor).Kept spotless by Hany our room attendant.
Food was a bit "samey"and well spiced.I can see why some people weren't keen.
Pool area and artificial beach excellent, lots of room, good sunbeds.
Entertainment not too brilliant or varied.The weekly schedule should be a fortnightly one.Being a bit critical here but not really to my taste.Others seemed to enjoy it though.
Anyway round the corner to Peanuts bar(all part of all inclusive).Peanuts in shells--eat peanuts--shells on floor.Good fun.
All in all if this is Egyptian service we will be back.

Room Tip: Get to the lagoon side(2101upwards)if quiet room required.
1  Thank Guy C

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel for your recent stay. I would like also to thank you for your very positive review and feedback. The whole The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel Team and I are very happy that you spend an enjoyable stay with us.
I am looking forward to welcome you back.
With warm and sunny regards

Reviewed 23 June 2014

2nd time in Egypt but 1st time in El Gouna. Excellent hotel with very polite and welcoming staff. Nothing was too much trouble, always willing to help. Clean and tidy inside and out. Stunning views of the marina, well located. Couldnt fault the hotel or the staff. Cant wait to go back again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank mellie46

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your very nice review and share your wonderful remarks on our resort, and for the high score you gave us.
I will pass your kind amazing words to the whole team.
We all are looking forward to welcome you back on a future visit. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can assist with anything.
Sunny warm regards,

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was our first visit to El Gouna and the 3 corners, in many aspects it is a very good hotel. It's clean, tidy, most of the staff are friendly and it's well located with stunning views. However as we have stayed in many 4*/5* All inclusive's worldwide including Hurghada before we came with an expectation to match this, however this was not met because; On a morning we were rather shocked when we were asked to pay for fresh orange juice and at a cost of £1.50 English pounds (still not sure why this was the case now) and on some mornings the only cool drinks available without charge were hibiscus and iced tea which aren't to everybody's taste which of course left us with no choice other than a warm drink or to pay for juice (not all inclusive). Secondly the offer of deserts were average at best each day/night the same selection of small cakes (around 3 different ones) were available as were the fruit selection which again is a shock to us having travelled quite expansively. Another disappointment were snacks through the day, in short there was none unless you wanted to feast on crisps! Also the hotel offers 2 A La Carte restaurants but these were an extra cost with only drinks being part of the all inclusive package (again we haven't experienced this before).

Moving onto the entertainment, this was without doubt the worst entertainment we have ever experienced on occasion it being that awful we had to laugh. Many of the nights we left and spent the evening in the Marina at the maritim.

We would also like to bring to your attention the people that try selling things on the beach and pool areas most were fine as in we said no and they left however one in particular came back day after day and we found actually quite insulting in the way he spoke about women (he sold the boat trip for the ocean club) it came to an end on the 4th day when we quite forcefully told him to leave us alone and not to come back (I don't know about you but I don't like getting harassed on holiday).

On the positive however the hotel itself is a clean and tidy place with attentive staff in particular Mohammed the cleaner who's towel art and friendly nature was fantastic and Ahmed the trainee waiter who again was brilliant he recognised us around the hotel and always greeted us with a friendly smile and professional service these are truly a credit to the hotel.

We did enjoy the holiday and we can see why the hotel gets such a good regular client base and El Gouna itself is simply beautiful but in comparison to hotels we have stayed in before the 3 corners just didn't compare.

Room Tip: Lagoon room
7  Thank NatashaAndGary

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to write your review about your stay at the Three Corners Ocean View Hotel. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. Your feedback is helping us continuously to improve the service we offer.
Your remarks are of high value for us and to help improve in the service we offer.
The Three Corners Hotels & Resorts always try to give the highest effort to resolve the issues reported to guarantee the Belgian Hospitality at the Red Sea.
We do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you here again on a future visit to try and meet all your expectations.
With best regards

Ancient Sands Golf Resort & Residences
1 mi away
Movenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna
Three Corners Rihana Resort

Been to Three Corners Ocean View Hotel - Adults only? Share your experiences!