“2 weeks of heaven” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in El Gouna
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“2 weeks of heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just got back from a 2 week stay at the Three Corners Ocean View and what a fantastic time we had. The staff were very friendly and helpful and always had a smile on their faces. The location is fabulous right on the marina with all the shops bars and restaurants should you need them. The food at the hotel has a great choice even the fussiest eaters can find something they will like. Desserts are yummy. A special mention to Ahmed at the catamaran we had great fun with him everyday. Top man. We enjoyed it so much we are booking again for next year. Never in 20 years have we returned to the same hotel, but there is everything here you need for a perfect holiday. Thanks Three Corners Ocean View for your fantastic hospitality.

Room Tip: Room 2377 overlooked the marina and was quiet.
2 Thank Ian K
Juergen G, General Manager at Three Corners Ocean View Hotel - Adults only, responded to this review, 23 November 2014
Dear valued Guest,
Have a very nice day from The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel, El Gouna.
On behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you for your great feedback. It is a pleasure to read that you have spent a good vacation with us.
I will forward your warm words to the whole team.
We are looking forward to welcome you back here soon.
Warm regards,
Jürgen Grübel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (888)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a week of rest and relaxation at TCOV. I have visited Sharm El Sheikh before, but whilst it was ok, there was a lot of hassle and I didn't really feel safe to leave the resort. However El Gouna is totally different.

I had emailed the hotel before I travelled to request a high floor with a sea/marina view. I was pleased to arrive and see that my request had been granted, with a fantastic room with a marina view on the 3rd floor.

Only mosquito bites I got during the whole holiday were at the welcome meeting, where I got eaten alive. They left me alone the rest of the week though.

I spent my days by the pool, whilst it was 40 degrees, the strong breeze meant I could stay out in it all day and not burn (but I was applying factor 30 religiously). The pool at the main building was the 'noisy pool', however it was still pretty chilled out, with music between 9.30 ish and 1, then again between 3 and 5.30. I took part in the aqua gym whilst I was away - Marina and Anita were great. I am a fitness nut, and the exercises they had us doing were actually proper exercises, instead of some of the aqua gym that you can get in some hotels. I also did a couple of gym sessions and the cycle tour. Again, Marina especially was fabulous (there was just the 2 of us on the cycle tour this week!). The gym was newly opened, really well equipped with spin bikes, treadmills, regular bikes, weights, kettlebells, trx etc.

The hotel has free wifi. If there are a lot of people using it, it can be difficult to get a connection on the terrace or in the lobby. I never had any issues getting a connection in the Peanuts bar though, and it was strong enough to FaceTime the folks back home.

Peanuts bar was great - good music and drinks brought to your table without having to order them!!

Food wise, I am pretty fussy with food, but usually found something to eat. Pasta corner was great and as for the cakes/desserts, they were amazing!!

Some of the waiters could be seen as slightly over friendly - on my last night, I was going back to my room and a waiter leaving from the restaurant grabbed my hand and tried to get me to go with him. I told him no, but he didn't let go of my hand and kept pulling me. He then asked just for a kiss, at which point I managed to free my hand and get away. I had not had any dealings or spoken to this waiter at any other point in the holiday, so I had not encouraged him in any way. As I am used to travelling solo, I am used to attention from guys, and know how to handle it now, but someone less confident than myself may well have been quite scared.

One other slight negative was that I paid for late check out. So I had my room till 4pm. At 3.25, I has just got out of the shower (had to grab a towel quickly) and the cleaner knocked on the door and asked if I was nearly finished. He has the master key in his hand. So if I has still been in the shower, he would have entered the room had I not answered the door and actually caught me in the shower. I have travelled all over the world and never have I had anyone knock on the door asking to clean my room on my last day before I had checked out (otherwise I would have used the do not disturb sign as I had for the rest of the holiday!). When I brought this up with reception when I checked out, I was told that the cleaner was asking to clean the room for me! Now this is not true, thankfully one of the guest services staff was there and agreed that it was not acceptable. I was told that they would contact the cleaner's manager immediately, not sure if they did, but just to warn you, use your do not disturb sign on your last day!!

Overall. I had a lovely holiday, I would definitely return to this hotel and El Gouna, would probably book to stay for a bit longer next time, as a week just wasn't long enough!!

Stayed July 2014
5 Thank jlo1985
Dear Valued Guest,
First of all I would like to thank you for reviewing your comments and experience regarding your recent visit at the Three Corners Ocean View Hotel.
This recognition directly influences our commitment to further improvements. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.
Action plans will be put in place to solve these shortfalls immediately!
Once again thank you for your visit to our hotel and hope to welcome you back soon to try and meet all your expectations.
With warm regards,
East Sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed with my wife from 20th June for 11 nights. We did our research before booking using Trip advisor and speaking to friends who had been to El Gouna. The TCOV did not disappoint in any aspect. Our late evening check in was faultless. Like others we had emailed asking for a room overlooking the lagoon/sea. The reception staff knew about this and our room 2211 was perfect with great lagoon and sea views. It was very large with a very comfortable bed, plenty of storage a great balcony and well fitted bathroom. The food was well above average in terms of choice and quality. I do wonder what people eat at home when they say it is repetitive? ?!! The facilities are very good particularly the pools and the lovely terrace at the Soleil. Perfect for chilling out at any time of day or night. It was also nice not to be pestered in the hotel or outside by sales people, shop owners or restaurants. El Gouna is very strict about this and we found the Egyptians to be genuinely very friendly particularly the hotel staff. The manager Jeurgan was always around the hotel and ensures that standards are maintained.
All in all a lovely holiday and we can see why there is so much repeat custom. We will join that growing group soon.

• Stayed June 2014
      Location
6 Thank Seagulls0
Dear valued Guest,
Thank you for taking time to write your review and to share your experience. It is indeed a true pleasure to read that our team made you spending wonderful time with us in The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel. I am proud to share with you that it is our passionate and dedicated team who continuously strive to deliver our guests the best service. I have passed your very kind comments to the whole team. On behalf of the whole team, we all look forward to having the privilege of welcoming you again.
Warm regards
Minsk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I spent 10 days in this romantic hotel . It's really the best location. I was so happy to go there and felt so nice amazing atmosphere...
Around all clean and green...I was positively surprised when general manager Jürgen Grubel helped to change our room with garden view for another room with very big terrace and very beautiful sea and marina view.... Fantastic!!!
Unforgettable ambience !!!
Personally thank you very much again.
All staff team was professional ,helpful , lovely and friendly.
Food was well cooked,many alternatives, nice served ,all fresh and tasty...I would like to say thank you for the finest possible service.
I understand people why they visit this hotel many times. Because you can found in this place all what you want: relax or
entertainment...
I had a course of 4 massages at the Vitalis SPA and really enjoyed them.
The animation team are really professionally. Alex, Zorro and Titto was funny and all time made us smile. They organized activities during all day and evening .The boat trip around the lagoon and foot trip to Downtown with Titto was very interesting and with good humor .He is always smiling and generally "he was born" to give all people positive emotions.
And..... It is the best place for learning kitesurfing!!!When I come back I definitely continue my kitesurfing lessons.
I recommend this hotel all people !!!

• Stayed June 2014
      Location
2 Thank gyrinovichOlga
Dear valued Guest,
We hope you have had a comfortable trip back home and arrived well.
On behalf of the whole Three Corners Ocean View Hotel Team I would like to thank you taking the time to review our hotel and for you positive feedback and your high scores you gave us.
I will forward your warm words to the whole team, as they really will be happy to get such appreciating feedback. I have passed your kind words to the whole team, especially Alex, Zorro and Tito.
We would be glad to welcome you back here for another visit to the Ocean View Hotel to spend another relaxing vacation under the Egyptian Sun and at the Red Sea.
With sunny warm regards,
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

My partner and I have just returned from this Hotel. Its my first time to Egypt so wasn't sure what to expect. This hotel is a must for a stay. We arrived quite late, and on arrival to the hotel we was greeted by Lynne. She works for guest relations and she explained everything to us whilst checking in. Our check in was smooth, quick and without hassle. I had emailed the hotel before hand and asked for a room on the Lagoon side of the hotel. I was so happy to find this had been noted and we received our room request. Our room was big, clean and well equipped. The hotel had kindly kept the restaurant open for snacks as it had been a while since we had eaten.
Bassam the rep was lovely and approachable. Always extremely pleasant. The hotel has two pool's and we chose to sunbathe at the quieter of the two. The pool was clean and refreshing. We never had trouble getting a sunbed. The pool grounds are kept clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. Always got a smile on their faces.
We ate at the main restaurant most evenings. The food was ok, we found it slightly repetitive but always a good selection. My partner is vegetarian and they catered well for this. On a couple of occasions we ate at the A la Carte Italian. We were surprised to find the food not included, you have to pay for this. The drinks are free though. It was still cheap but we did find this odd. We have stayed all inclusive on many occasions and never had to pay at the A la Carte's. The Italian I highly recommend.
We spent most evenings at peanuts bar. We enjoyed sitting and chilling with a cold beer so this was perfect for us.
I highly recommend the trip to Mahmaya, it was an enjoyable day. The island is beautiful and definitely worth the money.
Overall we had an amazing holiday and would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Lagoon side of the hotel. Its extremely quiet. We had Room 2310 and it was per...
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Sarah L
Dear valued Guest,
Thank you for taking time to post your very nice comments about your visit here in The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback.
Your feedback is helping us continuously to improve the service we offer.
It is a pleasure to read that you have spent a wonderful vacation with us.
I will forward your warm words to the whole team.
We are looking forward to welcome you back here soon.
Warm regards
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Just returned from another two weeks excellent holiday at the Three Corners Ocean View as always value for money .All the rooms have had a face lift and now has a walk in shower which is a lot better . The staff are superb especially Sayed who runs the pool bar always has a smile and a friendly chat.We had a room over the lagoon on the 4th floor which is very quiet the room are always very clean.All the staff could not do enough for you cannot fault them it is our third holiday there.Keep it up Thee Corners.

Sleep Quality
1 Thank Jean C
TTC-OV, General Manager at Three Corners Ocean View Hotel - Adults only, responded to this review, 14 October 2014
Dear valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your holiday experience at The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel with other Tripadvisor readers. It is indeed a true pleasure to read your review and your feedback about the hotel team and El Gouna.
I am happy to read that you had a great 3rd holiday with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
With warm regards
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We didn't know what to expect in this part of but I must say it was one of the most relaxing holidays we have ever had. The hotel overlooks the lagoons and the Red Sea stunning views.it is an adults hotel, and some people return year after year. The hotel make you very welcome, there is nothing to do in the resort we waked round the marinas which are lovely and are surrounded by beautiful eateries and a fe boutigue shops, it us so totally relaxing holiday. We went in march and the weather was lovely we were there for 2 weeks. The food is varied I am a very fussy ester but I found something every day, Salads ham porridge, cereals.,pancakes cottage pie and varies other dishes, the chef will do everything in his power. If you need something different just don't expect too much English food.. Would I go back yes we are in march 2015.

Room Tip: When booking ask for a room in the new building
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear valued Guest,
Have a very nice day from The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel.
Thank you so much for writing your detailed review, sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor and the high score you gave us.
We are happy that you spend a nice, relaxing vacation with us.
We would be happy to welcome you back here March 2015.
With warm regards