“It just gets better”

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in El Gouna
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“It just gets better”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Returned to TCOV for the 4th time and it just gets better, the rooms have been given a face lift and the food has improved beyond belief. The staff all go the extra mile to make your stay special. The location has always been the main attraction but the hotel is first class and is always looking for customers comments in order to improve. Well done TCOV we will be back again to meet up with friends old and new in July 2015.

Room Tip: Lagoon view rooms are very special
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Dashwoodsontour
Juergen G, General Manager at Three Corners Ocean View Hotel - Adults only, responded to this review, 24 November 2014
Dear valued Guest,
Have a very nice day from The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel, El Gouna.
Thank you for taking time to write your review following your fourth visit.
I am happy to read that you had a lovely holiday here with us. I will forward your compliments to the whole team.
We are already looking forward to welcome you back here.
With sunny regards,
Jürgen Grübel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (906)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Leeds
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was our second trip to El Gouna and we decided to stay at TCOV again. We had a great trip in 2013 and this time round we were even happier with our stay. Our Room was beautiful and could not be faulted. Thank you to Anne in Guest Relations for your help with my room request. The food was varied and fresh. The location in the marina is stunning. I think this hotel is fantastic value for money. If you want a hassle free quiet holiday then TCOV is perfect. If you are looking for something livelier it may not be for you. We will be returning again soon. Martin.

5 Thank Martin_Lindsey
Dear Mr. Martin,
The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel and I are very happy to read that you spent a nice vacation with us here at The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel. Thank you for your review and the high score you gave us. As you mentioned that you will come back, we are already looking forward to give you again a warm Welcome.
With sunny and warm regards
UK
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Our second stay at TCOV and our expectations were exceeded.
My request for a lagoon facing room was granted and room 2354 gave us an amazing view. Lovely to sit out on the balcony and take in the stunning views.
Food was varied and very good at every meal. Hamed made delicious omelettes, poached or fried eggs to order and one morning when I was feeling unwell rushed off to fetch me a delicious concoction of mint tea, honey and lemon juice which really did make me feel better.
We spent it days on the small beach with frequent dips in the sea and the lovely pool to cool us down. Sayed at the pool bar was delightful, possibly the best barman in Egypt, if not the world and made me fresh mint tea which was gorgeous.
A day in the sun ended with a G&T (lady strength!) in Peanuts Bar watching the sunset over the marina.
On returning to our room we were greeted with towel sculptures every day that were very creative!
Not a single member of staff could be faulted for their attitude and their excellent customer service; they are a credit to the hotel.
As there are no children everybody is totally chilled out and there was a lot of interaction in the bars, on the terrace, around the pool and on the beach (Boccia Time!) but absolutely no pressure to take part if you don't want to.
A short walk to the harbour which was totally safe brings you to lots of shops and restaurants or a quick trip in a tuk-tuk to Downtown El Gouna for a change of scenery.
Eleven days of total relaxation in a safe and genuinely friendly environment. What's not to love? It is clear why do many guests return time and time again. It may not be 5* luxury (which is reflected in the price, let's face it) but you are made to feel important and special and that goes a
long way.
Thank you TCOV for recharging my batteries and to the friends that we made there for making it a holiday to remember.

• Stayed July 2014
6 Thank A_Shropshire_Lass
Dear valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review following your stay with us at The Three Corners Ocean View.
It is indeed a true pleasure to read that you have spent a great holiday with us in The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel. As such, I gladly shared your wonderful comment with our team especially Sayed. On behalf of the whole team, we all look forward to having the privilege of welcoming you again soon.
Warm regards
Northumberland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Spent two weeks at this hotel and can honestly say I didn't want to leave! Location great, view of Red sea, lagoons and marina were top notch. Spacious room recently refurbished with a fab view overlooking the marina and red sea. Food was varied and tasteful. Staff would go the extra mile for you without being intrusive. If time permits do the day trip to Luxor and visit the valley of the kings and enjoy a cruise on the Nile, well worth it. Overall a fantastic holiday, all positive and we will return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank thewannabees1
Dear valued Guest,
Thank you for taking time to write your review about your recent stay at the Three Corners Ocean View Hotel and for the high score you gave us.
The Three Corners Hotels & Resorts always try to give the highest effort to resolve the issues reported to guarantee the Belgian Hospitality at the Red Sea.
We do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you here again on a future visit to try and meet all your expectation.
With best regards
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Just returned from two fantastic weeks at TCOV. If you enjoy a cosmopolitan atmosphere with 6* location, views to die for, all topped off with good food and company with likeminded travellers then I would highly recommend this hotel. The TCOV is mainly occupied by couples from honeymooners to retirees and small groups of friends. The atmosphere is laid back and friendly and the staff are welcoming and professional. We were lucky enough to stay in a superior triple room which featured a large king sized and single bed with a large balcony featuring a seating area and sunbeds. The food is excellent and is comparable to the other 5* hotels in El Gouna, which we dined at during our stay using the ‘Dine Around’ facility available to all-inclusive guests. The food is prepared using bottled water and there are plenty of hand gel dispensers around for guest to use prior to entering the dining room. The hotel have three wonderful guest relation ladies who greet you when you arrive, show you round and are in reception 9am midnight everyday should you need their help or advice. The Abu Tig marina is the best location in El Gouna. It features upmarket shops, restaurants, bars and even has a weekly festival night where you can dine on the Quayside watching a fantastic free show. TCOV also host a ‘Pool Party’ once a week at the Du Port Pool which features international DJ’s and is free to enter for all-inclusive guests. As far as safety/crime goes, I would quite happily say El Gouna is very safe and virtually crime free and I would rather walk out in El Gouna alone than in my local town in the UK!!
All in all - a great hotel in a great location with wonderful staff and best of all excellent value for money. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main block are closer to beach, pool and restaurants. Rooms at Du Port have a 2 minute...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TSHStill
Dear valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel following your stay with us, and for sharing your wonderful remarks on our resort.
I am delighted that your visit was brilliant and that you like the attentive hotel team, it is indeed a true pleasure to read that our team made you spending a nice time with us.
To read the headline “Fantastic hotel with the best location in El Gouna!!” is such a big compliment and of course your comments will encourage all of us to continue deliver excellence service to our guests.
The Three Corners Hotels & Resorts always try to give the highest effort to guarantee the Belgian Hospitality at the Red Sea.
The whole team and I would be happy, if we could welcome you back here in The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel.
With sunny and warm regards,
Newbury
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Just returned on 22nd July 2014 from the Three Corners Ocean View. I will start from the not so good to the good aspects of my holiday.
1. Hotel is not a 4 star at best it's 3 the corridors are very dark and lacks character, the rooms are ok the worst part is the shower curtain that sticks to you.
2. The food is disappointing very repetitive and all tastes the same. The presentation is poor and replenishing is not very good so eat early.
3. I do not like paying for food and drink if I'm all inclusive. Fresh orange juice is at cost but it's warm and not very good, the other juices are made from power they are watery and weak in taste. The disco night at the Duport bar drinks are not included within you all inclusive package for that night (rip off).
4. If you want to use the jacuzzi it's at extra cost.
5. The entertainment I would like to say was great because the guys work so hard, but unfortunately it is very poor with artists that think they can sing.
6. The peanut bar does not know what it is, it lacks atmosphere and never get going it needs to play better party music to liven it up, or change its ways.
7. The main pool area is very nice apart from being hassled by the very annoying massage man the will not take no thank you for and answer, we were not the only people to get tired of this, so please tell them to stop hassling guests.
8. There is a stomach bug going about at the moment my partner suffered for 4 days of the holiday with cramps. Lots of people around the hotel had the same problem, people were falling like flys. It was reported to the hotel, they at first said there was not a problem, however they are keeping a record of illnesses now.

Now to the good.
1. The staff are very pleasant they work very hard and I thank you for all there help.
2. The hotel main block is basic but nice with a clean and tidy approach as are the rooms, our room cleaner was excellent with different towel configurations every day from elephants to heart shapes.
3. The hotel location is fantastic and the bay is safe and quite with lots of eating places you are not hassled at all.
4. Beaches are clean and tidy and the water is warm, the boats are spectacular.
5. The diving is a must great experience.

To conclude the hotel is in a very nice location but it let's is self down, there is defiantly a bias toward returning guests they are even issued with different colour wrist bands and nicer rooms. Would I go back yes but I would take more money and eat out every third night or so, you should not have to do this I know. The weather is fantastic could not ask for better most of the time with a nice wind, to keep you cooler.
The resort it's self is very quite with a beautiful harbour I feel they need to deal with a few issues as I have mentioned and it would be perfect.

1 Thank Robbo1Newbury
Juergen G, General Manager at Three Corners Ocean View Hotel - Adults only, responded to this review, 23 November 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
First, I would like to thank you for reviewing your comments and experience regarding your recent visit at the Three Corners Ocean View Hotel – El Gouna and that you have chosen our hotel.
I am sorry to hear that we have failed in some essential parts of hospitality during your stay with us, your remarks are of high value for us and to take the necessary action I already met the Executive Chef and the Food & Beverage Manager.
Action plans will be put in place to improve in these points.
Thank you about your comment regarding our team and our location. I am happy that the team did a good job and nothing was too much trouble for them.
We hope you will give us the chance to host you once again at our hotel.
Kindly our warmest regards
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I had a great time at the TCOV.

Go for 2 weeks if possible, simply because you'll love it.
The food was fantastic and the staff really welcoming.
There is lots to do around the hotel during the daytime and in the evening you can walk around the harbours, without being harassed.
Met Quiche & Armurts who were great and a lovely honeymoon couple from Birmingham.

Thanks TCOV and a special thanks to Lynn for my bottle of Sparkly (it was my birthday)

Room Tip: E-mail guest relations team and let them know yo are coming. They like that.
3 Thank MarcyMarc2014
Dear valued Guest,
Thank you very much for having chosen The Three Corners View Hotel for your recent stay. I am really happy to read that you had a memorable holiday. I have passed your very kind comments to all the team who really do appreciate your time especially Lynn. The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel Team and I would be happy to welcome you back soon.
With warm regards