“Absolutely amazing...”

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in El Gouna
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
“Absolutely amazing...”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

It was mine and my fiancés first holiday, I had recently got back from a 8 month tour of Afghanistan and this holiday was a blessing in disguise, literally! We booked the holiday through Thomas Cook, the only disappointment we had with this was that they failed to tell us that when you get off at Hurgada airport you need to pay for a visa, I had no money on me and my fiancé had only 20 English pounds and 1000 Egyptian pounds, the fee was either 40 English pounds or 500 Egyptian pounds for us both, it obviously took a large lump sum out of our spending money and we also got overcharged as paying in English pounds would of been cheaper, it is only at hurgada airport you pay for a visa, not sharm el shiek, never the less we just payed it and off we went. There was a shuttle service to our chosen hotel, don't be surprised if the guy that puts your bag on the bus asks for change. We arrived at the hotel at night, we was greeted by the staff and they even delivered the bags to your room, we went all inclusive so as soon as we got there we got given our all inclusive bands.

The hotel itself it's absolutely stunning, the front of the hotel overlooks the marina, which at night is beautiful. The hotel was very clean, and there was no noise. The hotel staff was all so lovely, friendly and helpful, the only thing that annoyed us was the Egyptian men were quite fond of myself, and towards the end of our holiday my fiancé was getting irritated, but we just laughed it off, My fiancé got offered 10000 English pounds and 100 camels for me, I think he would of preferred the money, I'm only joking. However, there's nothing bad to say about the hotel itself.

Our room, was lovely. Very spacious, the air con just right, the shower was lovely, the tv was okay, the view was amazing. Our balcony overlooked the sea, it was just magical. Our room was very clean thanks to Abbraham, our room cleaner, he would often make different pictures on our bed made from towels, and they were really good, we had roses, elephants, crocodile, love hearts. We always tipped him.

The hotel pool, was also very clean but slightly on the small side, but it never gets that crowded any way. The animation team often put on activities like water polo which was fun. However, if you didn't like the pool you could always take a trip to the man made beach to the right of the pool, and there's in a jetti there so you can jump into the sea. Around the pool, there a Egyptian people from different companies that try to sell you day/night trips or massages, etc if you don't want it just be firm and blunt and they will leave you alone. There's another pool down the road, that is commonly known as the "quite pool" that was also very lovely. We never went to the actual beach as when we arrived we were told by some other guests that it wasn't worth a trip. By the pool side was also a Christian Egyptian man named mark, he created lovely sand pictures in various glass vases etc. Lovely bloke, we had a glass fish and be created inside the fish a desert scene with a camel all made from his colourful sand.

The Hotel food was lovely, the breakfast was great, a bit repetitive, but you can't really go wrong, you'd never be stuck for choice. Lunch was the best everyday they made different hot sandwiches and it was so nice, mouth watering, and so much more! Dinner, was average, a few nights we went along the marina to find somewhere to eat, your all inclusive works at a few restaurants, down the road from the hotel was a Italian place, go there!! It's so quiet and lovely interior, and order the steak!!

The evening entertainment was good, every night there is something on whether it be someone singing, to traditional Egyptian dancers, to African dancers.

We went on 5 excursions when we were there. 3 of them through Thomas Cook, the other 2 was booked through the guys that walked around the pool. We went on the Blues brothers dolphin house trip, their speed boat waits out the back the hotel, the trip was good we got given snorkels and flippers and we was out for 3 hours, I really really desperately wanted to see dolphins, and nothing better than to see them in there own environment, we snorkelled over them, and watched them play beneath us, it was amazing to see the mother dolphins and there calves, they were spinning and turning, and leaping in the air, some came within arms reach. I loved the trip however my partner said it was nothing special. We also went on the Ocean diva catarman trip, this was our joint favourite trip, it was a private trip as it was only us and another couple, there was a professional photographer on board and took photos for the 5 hours we were there. The boat staff was by far the best. There was music, soft drinks, food, it included snorkels and flippers, the 2 locations they stopped at to snorkel was beautiful the coral reefs was beyond amazing and so beautiful, so many different fish, the professional photographer even took pictures of us underwater, and upon heading back home dolphins swam alongside the boat. We went to the jungle aqua park, which was good, as we are big kids and loved the slides, it becomes very crowded with children, but what do you expect ! We went on the desert adventure trip this was the other favourite, we loved it! We got picked up by a Jeep, and took to our destination, we then waited for the other hotel guests, we then drove about a mile and half in desert jeep buggies which was fun, then got back into your jeep were they drove miles out into the desert were they stopped of at sand dunes, the Mirage, and finally to the "desert peoples" village, we was greeted by a young boy of about 7 who gave us tea it was sad as it was culture shock, none of the desert people spoke English, they literally survived in the desert, they was a desert tribe. We went into the small handmade village, there was a 600 metre camel ride which was odd but fun and then we got to see the children, I'm a sucker for kids, me and my partner brought 20 twinkies, and gave them to the children there little faces lit up, my heart melted! There was a little boy of about 2 running around with his pockets filled of food that the tourists had given him, me and my fiancé got a group photo i held out my arms and he got straight on my lap, the rest of the trip consisted of a BBQ, star gazing and Egyptian entertainment. Our last and final trip was a professional photoshoot trip, it was 6 hours, and we got took to 5 different locations around hurgada. We originally paid 70 English pounds for 100 photos however when we got to our last destination, there was 200 photos so we ended up paying 350 English pounds as our choice for 400 pictures of me and my partner, 2 posters which he had made chosen and photo shopped the pictures onto, 2 CDs one of the original photos on and the other cd with the photo shopped photos on, 2 Wooden canvas with our pictures on, 2 lovely photo albums and as a surprise he chucked us in 2 mugs with printed photos on, we well and truly got our money's worth. There was many more excursions.

Finally, I want to mention Siaed, Siaed is a man that works in the hotels courtyard, outside the restaurant, he has his own shop in the hotel ground selling, fake replicates, bracelets, in fact everything! He's such a lovely man, very odd but you can't help but smile... You can't miss him, he's small with curly hair and glasses. He now commonly refers himself as Curly, which I nicknamed him, bless him. Be firm if you don't want anything from his store but if you do barter with him! We knocked off 400 Egyptian pounds once, simply through offering different prices.

You will not be disappointed if you go here, there's so much more to say about this destination, but only you can find that out yourself, everyone has their own Opinion and it maybe be different to mine. But I guarantee, that nearly everyone you talk to has been here more than once, some people were on their 8th visit. Even some Egyptian people take a "holiday" in El gouna. Remember to barter everything, and it's also very very cheap, but if you want to do trips likes us, then you spend a little more. Oh, and take a visit, into El gouna town, we never done this, but it was highly recommended. And you only get wifi in the lobby.

I know this has been a lengthy advisory but when I come onto here I always look for ones like mine. I hope this helps.

Room Tip: Ask for a top/high floor balcony room.
8 Thank Jordan T
TTC-OV, General Manager at Three Corners Ocean View Hotel - Adults only, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a detailed review following your stay with us at The Three Corners Ocean View and for the high score you gave us.
It is indeed a true pleasure to read that you have spent an amazing holiday with us in The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel. As such, I gladly share all of your wonderful comments with our team. On behalf of the whole team, we all look forward to having the privilege of welcoming you again soon.
Warm regards
Jürgen Grübel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (900)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was a last minute booking which could not have gone any better, I have not got a bad thing to say about the whole experience.. The Three Corners Ocean View really know how to make you feel welcome from the second you arrive, The rooms are very clean as are all areas in the hotel, the staff are very helpful "especially the egg man in the morning" and nothing is too much trouble.. No-one would be able to find fault with the food as there was always a good mix so there would be something for everyone's taste, there is also the option to eat at numerous restaurants within the marina "some which are subsidised with all inclusive"

one thing that I was very impressed with was the Hotel Manager and Ahmed on reception, both of these in my opinion really went the extra mile, at the end of my stay both made the effort to shake my hand and wished me all the best.. I don't normally write on these sort of sites as I think most people just use the to have a moan, I am a great believer in credit where credit is due!!!

this is one place I would defiantly recommend to friends and family and will be going again next year.

Thankyou for great holiday and see you soon.. Lee and Jill..

Room Tip: All seem pretty good from what I heard
10 Thank Lee P
Juergen G, General Manager at Three Corners Ocean View Hotel - Adults only, responded to this review, 24 November 2014
Dear Lee and Jill,
Thank you for your valued time you spent to feed us back about your visit and your experience at The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel, and for your high score review. I could not find the proper words to express about our appreciation for your great comments. I shared personally your review with the entire team members and they appreciate it so much.
We would be very happy having the privilege to welcome you again.
Sunny warm regards,
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 29 July 2014

A perfect locations, we have been there in a room overlooking the sea.... pool is not that good, it's too small, we didn't try it even, but the sea was amazing, we had to use the bridge to get into the sea... breakfast is so good with variety of light food too... The best thing about it is that it's for adults only

2 Thank Mira R
Dear valued Guest,
We are already looking forward to welcome you back here.

With sunny and warm regards
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Returned to TCOV for the 4th time and it just gets better, the rooms have been given a face lift and the food has improved beyond belief. The staff all go the extra mile to make your stay special. The location has always been the main attraction but the hotel is first class and is always looking for customers comments in order to improve. Well done TCOV we will be back again to meet up with friends old and new in July 2015.

Room Tip: Lagoon view rooms are very special
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Dashwoodsontour
Dear valued Guest,
Have a very nice day from The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel, El Gouna.
Thank you for taking time to write your review following your fourth visit.
I am happy to read that you had a lovely holiday here with us. I will forward your compliments to the whole team.
We are already looking forward to welcome you back here.
With sunny regards,
Leeds
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was our second trip to El Gouna and we decided to stay at TCOV again. We had a great trip in 2013 and this time round we were even happier with our stay. Our Room was beautiful and could not be faulted. Thank you to Anne in Guest Relations for your help with my room request. The food was varied and fresh. The location in the marina is stunning. I think this hotel is fantastic value for money. If you want a hassle free quiet holiday then TCOV is perfect. If you are looking for something livelier it may not be for you. We will be returning again soon. Martin.

5 Thank Martin_Lindsey
Dear Mr. Martin,
The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel and I are very happy to read that you spent a nice vacation with us here at The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel. Thank you for your review and the high score you gave us. As you mentioned that you will come back, we are already looking forward to give you again a warm Welcome.
With sunny and warm regards
UK
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Our second stay at TCOV and our expectations were exceeded.
My request for a lagoon facing room was granted and room 2354 gave us an amazing view. Lovely to sit out on the balcony and take in the stunning views.
Food was varied and very good at every meal. Hamed made delicious omelettes, poached or fried eggs to order and one morning when I was feeling unwell rushed off to fetch me a delicious concoction of mint tea, honey and lemon juice which really did make me feel better.
We spent it days on the small beach with frequent dips in the sea and the lovely pool to cool us down. Sayed at the pool bar was delightful, possibly the best barman in Egypt, if not the world and made me fresh mint tea which was gorgeous.
A day in the sun ended with a G&T (lady strength!) in Peanuts Bar watching the sunset over the marina.
On returning to our room we were greeted with towel sculptures every day that were very creative!
Not a single member of staff could be faulted for their attitude and their excellent customer service; they are a credit to the hotel.
As there are no children everybody is totally chilled out and there was a lot of interaction in the bars, on the terrace, around the pool and on the beach (Boccia Time!) but absolutely no pressure to take part if you don't want to.
A short walk to the harbour which was totally safe brings you to lots of shops and restaurants or a quick trip in a tuk-tuk to Downtown El Gouna for a change of scenery.
Eleven days of total relaxation in a safe and genuinely friendly environment. What's not to love? It is clear why do many guests return time and time again. It may not be 5* luxury (which is reflected in the price, let's face it) but you are made to feel important and special and that goes a
long way.
Thank you TCOV for recharging my batteries and to the friends that we made there for making it a holiday to remember.

• Stayed July 2014
6 Thank A_Shropshire_Lass
Dear valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review following your stay with us at The Three Corners Ocean View.
It is indeed a true pleasure to read that you have spent a great holiday with us in The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel. As such, I gladly shared your wonderful comment with our team especially Sayed. On behalf of the whole team, we all look forward to having the privilege of welcoming you again soon.
Warm regards
Northumberland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Spent two weeks at this hotel and can honestly say I didn't want to leave! Location great, view of Red sea, lagoons and marina were top notch. Spacious room recently refurbished with a fab view overlooking the marina and red sea. Food was varied and tasteful. Staff would go the extra mile for you without being intrusive. If time permits do the day trip to Luxor and visit the valley of the kings and enjoy a cruise on the Nile, well worth it. Overall a fantastic holiday, all positive and we will return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank thewannabees1
Dear valued Guest,
Thank you for taking time to write your review about your recent stay at the Three Corners Ocean View Hotel and for the high score you gave us.
The Three Corners Hotels & Resorts always try to give the highest effort to resolve the issues reported to guarantee the Belgian Hospitality at the Red Sea.
We do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you here again on a future visit to try and meet all your expectation.
With best regards