June 2010. Annual 10 days break which I was hoping to be relaxing and enjoyable.
The plans were simple: stay in Switzerland and enjoy the sunny weather we had had for the past 2 months, travel around and visit Switzerland and neighbouring France with the family visiting us from overseas. And celebrate my birthday.
Unfortunately, weather in Europe is always unpredictable. My 10 days off became a daily weather check with a simple outcome: rain every day...
We decided not to continue 'suffering' from the bad weather, brainstormed about locations to go... Egypt seems to be an interesting spot, maybe a bit hot and dangerous?
We called our Egyptian colleagues, highly recommending their country and who knew THE best spots for us to enjoy our holiday...
And here we go! Movenpick El Gouna! THE place to make your dreams come true: a great and well organized resort, like in the magazines pictures.
Here are the 10 reasons why I highly recommend you to Movenpick El Gouna!
ABOUT EL GOUNA
1. GREAT LOCATION FOR TOURISTS - village created a few years ago for tourism 'a la Disneyland' close to Hurghada. An easy way, safe and comfortable way to visit Egypt and feel at home. Much better than Hurghada.
2. QUIET VILLAGE - Few tourists, no need to queue or wait, always space available for last minute decisions. Great for families, guess singles will prefer to go to Sharm for a better nightlife.
3. GREAT TAXI SERVICE - a fixed price list shows you the prices for the most popular locations. NO need to go through the hassle of negotiating deals and feel scammed.
ABOUT THE MOVENPICK HOTEL (where shall I start???)
4. WEATHER- Get a great suntan and enjoy the temperature. Think that the 38 degrees forecasted will make it unbearable to stay outside? WRONG! Get yourself a long chair on the beach front and enjoy the wind and the sea temperature, making it sometimes even a bit chilly - can you believe it?
5. BEACH FRONT - Relax your mind and enjoy the magnificient views of the sea (my husband is from the carribean and acknowledged the breathtaking view), the kitesurfers surfing on the sea, the waiters bringing you food and drinks, etc
5. SPA - Relax your body with their spa facilities and special discounts in low season!
6. EXCELLENT SERVICE - Relax yourself and let the staff take care of you anytime you need. Room service, restaurant, swimming pool, beach front, spa. Tell them what you need and they will deliver.
7. ROOM - Make yourself comfortable in their new rooms! The hotel upgraded us to their renovated rooms with big bathrooms, seaview from the bed, sofa and terrace. A pure pleasure!
8. BREAKFAST - Enjoy great food from the beginning of the day. Local delicatessen, warm, cold, pastries, yoghurts, fresh fruits, warm eggs, help yourself and get ready for a great day!
9. OVERALL RESORT - Enjoy the resort discovery. From the Buddha Bar music in the entrance hall through the amazing view as you get out of there, get to know the resort. Want fun around the swimming pool - go to the one with activities. Want quietness aroudn the swimming pool - go to the ones devoted to relaxing yourself. Many restaurants, evening activities, excursions, spa, health club, etc etc etc.
10. BIRTHDAY - The cherry on the cake ;-) To show how much attention hotel management puts on service, their delivered a card with a birthday cake to my room on my birthday. Just because I identified my birthday on the inscription card on the 1st day. Isn't this amazing?
In a nutshell, if you're looking for relaxing holiday where you feel pampered and want to enjoy the sunny side of life, Movenpick El Gouna is your place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mövenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna is nestled on a peninsula, with its own exclusive beachfront. It offers spectacular views of the Red Sea, the tranquil lagoons and the lush gardens. The ideal surroundings combined with the resort's extensive facilities all make for a perfect stay. The charming center of El Gouna with its picturesque architecture and numerous attractions is only a few minutes away and Hurghada International Airport can be reached in 30 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Movenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna Hotel El Gouna
- Moevenpick Resort And Spa El Gouna
- mövenpick El Gouna
- Moevenpick Hotel El Gouna