Just got back on 6/7/13.Prior to travelling we contacted hotel and requested a ground floor room with a view and that's exactly what we got in Cluster 4 overlooking the gorgeous lagoon. The room was fantastic, spacious and clean and the shower room was luxurious with dressing gowns and toiletries supplied. We were a few minutes walk away from the reception and main buffet dining room and a couple of minutes away from the lagoon pool bar and beach ,perfect. Previous reviews moaned about the walk between locations within the hotel but really this is an absolute pleasure when its all on one level, the grounds and gardens are a delight and all the staff speak and wish you a good day. The dining options are very good and we especially liked the Thai restaurant. Not wearing an all inclusive wrist band meant we signed for each meal and drink but this was easy and anything written in green ink we found was not included on the all inclusive option.This was not a problem as the local beer was in cans and very good likewise the spirits. Even better the mixers were all well known brands such as Coca Cola and Schwepps. I could go into great detail about all the other great things about the hotel but the main reason for this review is for us to pay the ultimate compliment to the staff who made this holiday the best experience ever. Mr Tony Lockett, the manager of the food and beverage is from my area of the UK, and he definitely did us proud. He made his presence known at each restaurant and bar throughout the day and created a tremendous atmosphere with all of the staff who it was very apparent, respected him and liked him very much .As a result I have never known hotel staff be so competent and happy in their work. Special thanks to Tareks team, Michael, Magdy, Aymen, Nageh and Peter at the Lagoon bar for the endless supply of cocktails and superb lunches.They really did make our holiday a happy one. All the staff at the Thai restaurant but in particular Jack, Romany and Dani, their smiles and service certainly matched the excellent food. Last but not least Michel the manager in the buffet dining room and young Isaac who always made visiting the buffet a most enjoyable experience. It was due to the service we received that we felt no need to enjoy the dine around El Gouna options.We enjoyed visiting Downtown and the Marina and using the Tuk Tuk transport. It was very quiet but enough to see and do and there is at least one venue each night where there is live entertainment such as Jobos sports bar. We went on the dolphin and snorkelling trip booked from the hotel reception which cost 30 euros each for a full 8 hour day with food and drink and would strongly recommend it .The two resident camels providing rides for guests are brilliant fun. El Gouna is a truly wonderful resort and only matched by the staff of the Movenpick. I hope that the owners of the Movenpick realise what an excellent job Mr Lockett and his staff are doing and its the staff that made our time there so memorable. Many thanks and we look forward to staying with you all very soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mövenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna is nestled on a peninsula, with its own exclusive beachfront. It offers spectacular views of the Red Sea, the tranquil lagoons and the lush gardens. The ideal surroundings combined with the resort's extensive facilities all make for a perfect stay. The charming center of El Gouna with its picturesque architecture and numerous attractions is only a few minutes away and Hurghada International Airport can be reached in 30 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Movenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort And Spa El Gouna
- Moevenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna Hotel El Gouna
- mövenpick El Gouna
- Moevenpick Hotel El Gouna