We were worried about staying here following some of the recent reviews by Thomson travellers. We had an excellent holiday. Lovely clean room. We were in cluster 1 that hasn't been upgraded (all Thomson travellers are allocated an economy room which has not been renovated unless they pay for an upgrade). We had direct sea views, a nice balcony & a HUGE bed.
We were all inclusive so only went to the buffet on the first night. If you stay 1/2 board you get the buffet every night, if you stay all inclusive you can eat in the al a carte restaurants which we did. The Thai & Mediterranean were both excellent with a great variety on the menu. The Mediterranean also did lunch. We booked but you didn't need to, there was always room. Breakfast was buffet which was excellent with everything from an omelette station to a full cooked breakfast (except bacon) or continental. There were sunbeds in all areas every day; by the pool & on the beach. There are two huge pools (oasis & lagoon) both offer a lunchtime menu which we thought were good. There is also a health spa & pool with a gym. For us the time of year was excellent weather wise (early April), nice temperatures during the day & cools right down in the evening. Staff were excellent, always friendly. Evening entertainment was typical, not something we were in to & preferred eating later and then going to the gallery bar. This is our second visit to El Gouna & first to this hotel. We would definitely return; it offered everything we needed. I can't write a review and not mention the Movenpick ice cream. The flavours are to die for & it's available from 10am-5pm & in the al a carte restaurants. My favourite was Swiss chocolate but found after a few days I had to limit myself otherwise I wouldn't fit in to my clothes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mövenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna is nestled on a peninsula, with its own exclusive beachfront. It offers spectacular views of the Red Sea, the tranquil lagoons and the lush gardens. The ideal surroundings combined with the resort's extensive facilities all make for a perfect stay. The charming center of El Gouna with its picturesque architecture and numerous attractions is only a few minutes away and Hurghada International Airport can be reached in 30 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct and Hotels.com so you can book your Movenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort And Spa El Gouna
- Moevenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna Hotel El Gouna
- mövenpick El Gouna
- Moevenpick Hotel El Gouna