This was our 4th visit to Egypt and as such I have come to expect a lower standard of 5* in the Middle East in general. However, the Movenpick in El Gouna is of the expected UK standard - and in some cases it is better!
We asked for an updated room and were located in cluster 7. This was a great location; right by the Lagoon pool. It was a short, pleasant stroll (5 mins) through beautifully manicured gardens to the main buffet for breakfast/dinner. The resort is quite sprawling, and we enjoyed walking and exploring the different locations, restaurants and sunsets from the bridge. We also took bikes (1 hour free) and rode about just outside the resort.
The food at the Movenpick was excellent. All the restaurants offered exceptionally high quality food and service. We did not take our children with us but will be returning next year with them (aged 7 & 9) confident that there is a wide variety of healthy food on offer for all.
The rooms and pools are spotless. The staff from maintenance to gardeners to bar staff (I would love to name them all) are polite, courteous and always have a genuine smile. I would like to thank the staff at The Lagoon pool for making our visit so special.
The downtown area and marina are good places to visit (take a Tok Tok at 50p each) with high quality food and drink and good prices. The shop owners do not hassle you and even on my own (whist the husband watched the football) I felt very safe wandering around.
There are options to take tours - although on this short holiday we decided not to. The 'beach' is not as glamorous as other resorts but the pools and atmosphere of the resort make up for this. The only complaint I had was regarding the evening entertainment on one night; involving a male singer who during the break put on rap music containing swearing - whilst children were about! The lady on guest relations smiled politely when told!
This was a lovely relaxing break, made perfect by Movenpick staff and high standards. This is probably the only resort I would love to return to. Perfect weather in a perfect relaxing setting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mövenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna is nestled on a peninsula, with its own exclusive beachfront. It offers spectacular views of the Red Sea, the tranquil lagoons and the lush gardens. The ideal surroundings combined with the resort's extensive facilities all make for a perfect stay. The charming center of El Gouna with its picturesque architecture and numerous attractions is only a few minutes away and Hurghada International Airport can be reached in 30 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prestigia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Movenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna Hotel El Gouna
- Moevenpick Resort And Spa El Gouna
- mövenpick El Gouna
- Moevenpick Hotel El Gouna