We stayed here for 2 weeks, arrived on 22 July, and i loved the heat. Really nice room, very comfortable bed, hotel was always clean, food is great (except not much fruit at dinnertime).
My husband and son had kitesurfing lessons with Kitepeople just by the beachfront and I rented windsurfing equipment from the nearby place. due to tides windsurfing had to be timed just right, I had lots of fun though as im intermediate windsurfer but don't think the equipment on offer will be good enough for a pro. Alladdin the windsurf guy was friendly - but be aware that you go out at your own risk. the lifeguard sometimes doses off or is not even there. Ahmed was great at helping with board and sail, and Im sure his English will get better and better.
One of the highlights was the boat trip to Dolphin House - we saw so many of them which apparently doesn't always happen , and my son captured some amazing footage of the underwater world.
The animation team were really good - I had arabic lessons with Khaled( aka Bibo) and Budi, Nano was amazing at his dancing skills, my husband practised his russian with lovely Zheniya, and my favourite was Ana -she got me into water volleybal, water polo and beeeeeach volleybaaaaalll!!!we had some amazing games, and plenty of friendly conversations covering a variety of topics (including local knowledge). she' s got great people skills and im sure we wil keep in touch. OVERALL A FANTASTIC TWO WEEKS AND I MISS IT ALREADY!! Im sure Ive missed lots of people out, all the staff were very friendly, arriving back in England was a real shock to the system!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mövenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna is nestled on a peninsula, with its own exclusive beachfront. It offers spectacular views of the Red Sea, the tranquil lagoons and the lush gardens. The ideal surroundings combined with the resort's extensive facilities all make for a perfect stay. The charming center of El Gouna with its picturesque architecture and numerous attractions is only a few minutes away and Hurghada International Airport can be reached in 30 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Movenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna Hotel El Gouna
- Moevenpick Resort And Spa El Gouna
- mövenpick El Gouna
- Moevenpick Hotel El Gouna