Great hotel overall, this was our second visit. We agree with other reviewers re the hotel starting to become a bit tired and rooms needing some general refurbishment, which does question its 5* rating. Staff generally all very friendly and helpful, rooms well cleaned, generally plenty of sunbeds - no need for dawn wake-ups to get a sunbed! We stayed in Cluster 7 both times - by choice the second visit. It's a fair walk from the breakfast restaurant and reception, but very convenient for the Lagoon pool which is fairly quiet, with plenty of well spaced out sunbeds, and access to lagoon with sunbathing/swimming. As others have said, this hotel is incredibly expensive all round for food and drink - expect to pay central London prices for drinks! (We learnt last year, the hard way, and didn't make the same mistake this time!). However, there are plenty of much cheaper bars and restaurants in Downtown and the Marina, as well as supermarkets for general supplies, so do explore. We feel the most ludicrous pricing in the hotel was that of the water. Egypt is incredibly hot in the summer months and it is essential to keep hydrated. You will be actively encouraged to drink lots of water. However, the rip-off prices that the hotel is charging for water are positiviely encouraging dehydration! Large 6 litre bottles of water are just pennies in the supermarkets, but in the hotel, a 1.5 litre bottle is pounds, and a 500ml bottle from the mini bar is over a quid! Disgraceful in that heat taking account of local prices! Can't help but feel this taking advantage of the "rich" guests! I think the hotel should consider this seriously for the health and welfare of the guests. So come on Movenpick, do the decent thing with the bottled water prices and make sure your guests drink plenty of inexpensive water!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mövenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna is nestled on a peninsula, with its own exclusive beachfront. It offers spectacular views of the Red Sea, the tranquil lagoons and the lush gardens. The ideal surroundings combined with the resort's extensive facilities all make for a perfect stay. The charming center of El Gouna with its picturesque architecture and numerous attractions is only a few minutes away and Hurghada International Airport can be reached in 30 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Movenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna Hotel El Gouna
- Moevenpick Resort And Spa El Gouna
- mövenpick El Gouna
- Moevenpick Hotel El Gouna