We love the Movenpick - a lovely welcoming place with very efficient staff, good food, clean rooms and a great resort.More
- Free Parking
- Breakfast included
Just back from El Gouna and we have had another great stay at the Movenpick, we were in one of the as yet to be rennovated rooms in Cluster 2 but it was still very fresh and clean.
Staff were great and i could not fault them at all especially Mohammed and Hamdy ( spl) at the Oassis Poll bar who always had beer and wine on ice for us at lunch time.
My only gripe is that on our stay there was a vip staying for a few days and as such he had sections of the beach closed off and resaurants closed for his sole use, it was also a bit unsettling to go in to the bathroom and one of his security men comes in and takes out a pistol lays it on the counter and washes his hands.
Other than that the stay was fantastic and roll on our next visit.
Price of the bottled water is shocking, we got 5 in the town for the price of one at the pool bar.
We were delighted that you had enjoyed your recent stay at our Resort and have already passed on your thanks to Mohamed and Hamdy at the Oasis Pool Bar for their attentive service.
We very much regret that you were inconvenienced by the visit of one of our guests and very much regret that the Bua Khao restaurant was fully booked for early dinners till 19.45 on one evening. We were made aware of the incident with the Security Guard and immediate action was taken with the Head of Egyptian Security and the person was severely reprimanded.
The remaining rooms in Cluster 2 will be renovated in the month leading up to Christmas and they will be back in operation in time for the Festive Season.
Once again thank you for your feedback as this is very much appreciated and, in closing, Hamdy and Mohamed join us in looking forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.
John G C Wood
The room we stayed in was nice, we have been to the hotel before and we noticed the room was renovated recently and was a lot better then before, the check in experience was great as well. I have to say that everything was great untill the second day of our short 3 day vacation which happens to be a national holiday ! when we woke up to the sound of major floor renovations (Marble polishing Works) outside of our room which went on from 9:00 to 3:00, we were never informed and no one bothered to at least apolgise...The experience at the pool was also great for food and beverage but the service from the towel counter just runied the experience as well. To top it all the check out unlike check in took far too long as we discovered we were charged for items that were not ours. So after a long wait they finally retrieved the checks to find out that they are really not ours as we had claimed and were deducted from our bill.
We were very sorry that we had not lived upto your expectations during the Eid Al Fitr holidays. We have discussed the points you raised with each department and each one has asked us to apologise for the shortcomings and they shall do their utmost to eliminate them in future. Thank you for having brought these issues to our attention and we do hope that we shall have the opportunity to welcome you back again. Please write to us directly and we shall then ensure that you have a really enjoyable stay with us.
John G C Wood
I'm just back from Moevenpick El Gouna after spending 4 nights on a B&B basis with my wife and two children (10 months and 2 years). We traveled with another couple with children (8 months and 5 years). Overall a very good experience at the resort. The location is fantastic and staff very accomodating and helpful. Here's a quick list of the good and bad...
1. Excellent communication with the resort prior to arrival via email. The resort arranged an airport minibus for our group of 8 in both directions at no charge. Excellent service.
2. The renovated rooms are very nice, though considering the price, you'd expect them to be.
3. Buffet breakfast is enormous and diverse. Living in the Middle East, I usually like to indulge in some pork/bacon while on vacation, but hey, I'm vacationing in the Middle East.
4. Pools are nice, big, and clean.
5. Kitesurfing station crew is extremely knowledgeable, safety oriented and helpful.
6. Wives returned from their facials with big smiles.
7. Thai and seafood restaurants were excellent for dinner.
8. Staff accomodated our request to move from a renovated room to the 2XXX block overlooking the kite beach which allowed the wives/kids to be close to the water while we kited. It was an unrenovated room, but I'm told it may be renovated this January.
Areas for Improvement:
1. The children's playground areas are poorly maintained and are not manufactured to US Consumer Product Safety standards. Home use style trampoline was missing springs causing a fall hazard, sand under playground did not meet fall standards, small wooden playground located closest to southern most pool is a design prohibited from production due to potential for injury. Plastic playhouses walking surfaces were cracked. From a customer perspective, I would rather see a playground removed completely than an unsafe playground allowed to remain in use. My 2 year old doesn't understand safety issues when a trampoline is calling to him!
2. The pool lunch food at the southern most pool was just ok. Ate there twice and had to send a burger back due to it being undercooked. Food at the main pool was just terrible. Had a forgettable pizza and dried out frozen chicken cordon bleu.
3. There was zero filtration within the boat shaped children's pool located at the main pool. Either be sure it's being filtered/circulated/treated or drain it.
Overall a great trip and easy to pull off with the small kids. Will most likely return for a return visit.
We were pleased to read that overall you and your friends had enjoyed your stay at our resort but we have noted your various different suggestions for the improvement of our services and facilities and the appropriate corrective action will be taken.
Once again thank you for having given us such a detailed report and for having sent us a separate e-mail as we very much welcome constructive criticism, like yours. In closing, all our team join us in hoping that it will not be too long before we can welcome you and your friends back to our resort.
John G C Wood
This hotel is one of the most amazing places in Egypt.
Eveything is quite great. The rooms, the sea, the resturant, the view, and finally the staff.
Great value. All represent the brand name MOVENPICK.
El-Gouna is ver lovely place, and Movenpick El-Gouna is really the diamond in the crown.
Great hotel. Very nice management.
We were deelighted to read that you had and your family had very much enjoyed your stay in July. We shall print out your review and post it on the Team Member Notice Boards so that they can read it for themselves.
We look forward to welcoming you back to "Little Venice on the Red Sea" in the not too distant future.
John G C Wood
A fulfilling vacation, that is how I would describe my 5-day stay at the Mövenpick Hotel and Spa in El-Gouna this last month. My family and I had a truly amazing time. Everything was perfect, starting with a friendly and cheerful receptionist that swept away the exhaustion of a long overnight bus trip to the hotel with his smile and quick check in. We were roomed in no time in a beautiful, spacious and above all sunny room that overlooked the vast red sea. The view was mind blowing. From then on everything seemed in place: cheerful and pleasant food servers; clean pools, quiet and peace of mind. Staff seemed highly trained to read and exceed our needs. A highlight of our stay was our dinner at the Sayadin Restaurant. The manager and his staff truly created this unforgettable dining experience with a backdrop of the red sea mingled with live music. My wife commented that everyone at the restaurant seemed to be fully enjoying their job. It was truly food served with love and with a smile. I wholeheartedly recommend the hotel for a peaceful and impeccable vacation.
We were delighted to read that you and your family had very much enjoyed your recent stay with us and we have passed on your thanks to all our team members. The Manager of our El Sayadin 'Chaine des Rotisseurs' Restaurant was also really happy that you had enjoyed your dining experience at our 'corner overlooking the sea' and he joins us in hoping that it will not be too long before we can welcome you back to our Resort again.
John G C Wood