I'd definately recommend this hotel. It is big but we were placed near the dive centre (we'd booked through a diving company). We had a beautiful peaceful view of a lagoon with a multi-coloured sea in the background. The balcony was always in the soothing shade. In cluster 7 it was 5 minutes walk to reception and breakfast. We were B&B and, unusually for the Red Sea (we'd stayed in Sharm and Dahab before), we were spoilt for choice at breakfast time, despite being vegetarian. The only gripe about the restaurants was they had a dress-code which forced men to wear long trousers and closed shoes to dinner and we weren't told about this before. We couldn't find trousers or shoes locally so when we ate dinner at the hotel my partner was uncomfortably hot in the one pair he happened to have with him. The entertainment was cheesy in the extreme so we avoided it. A shuttle bus goes from the hotel every 20 minutes or tuk-tuks are a standard price - no haggling bliss! Abu Tig Marina seems to have more night-life although its worth a trip to the more traditionally styled El Gouna downtown. All destinations are 5LE (~ £1) per person in a Tuk-Tuk. At the hotel you have a choice of pool,beach, or lagoon during the day and all had sunbeds readily available and (except the pool) were quiet. All the staff are very polite and helpful. We were woken by cleaners shouting at each other on several mornings which was a shame but apart from that it was quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mövenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna is nestled on a peninsula, with its own exclusive beachfront. It offers spectacular views of the Red Sea, the tranquil lagoons and the lush gardens. The ideal surroundings combined with the resort's extensive facilities all make for a perfect stay. The charming center of El Gouna with its picturesque architecture and numerous attractions is only a few minutes away and Hurghada International Airport can be reached in 30 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Movenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort And Spa El Gouna
- Moevenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna Hotel El Gouna
- mövenpick El Gouna
- Moevenpick Hotel El Gouna