“Lovely relaxing hotel”

Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in El Gouna
Derby, United Kingdom
“Lovely relaxing hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

We have visited El Gouna 7 times but this was the first time at the Dawar and we loved it - it's comfortable and friendly and the staff we were all lovely. We stayed B & B and the breakfast buffet had a good variety and also offered omelettes, pancakes and waffles cooked to order. We only ate dinner in one evening, a Lebanese buffet, great value at about £11. The Dawar is an easy walk to all the restaurants in downtown El Gouna and to the bus stop for the making the short trip to the marina for more dining choices (unlimited bus trips cost approx. £2 for the week)
The pool is quite small but was heated in March when we were there. It's also pleasant swimming in the lagoon.
I totally agree with Maxwell324 and think Mohammed N must have stayed in a different hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mai2222014
vlusci, General Manager at Dawar El Omda, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Guests,

I first of all would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at our hotel here on TripAdvisor. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and it was our pleasure to have you with us at Dawar El Omda. Looking forward to welcoming you soon again at our Hotel, I thank you once again for your trust and remain,

with very sunny regards from the lagoon

Veronique Lusci

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
Torquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed at Dawar El Omda on previous visits and have always found it to be a quiet, comfortable and cosy.
The breakfasts are great...we tend to stay just B&B, there are so many other great places to eat in Downtown El Gouna, although the BBQ night at Dawar is not to be missed!
The staff are some of the best we have encountered anywhere in Egypt and on this stay in particular, they excelled themselves.

Room Tip: Go over the bridge, into the 3 and 4 hundreds, great views but be aware that Dunes across the road h...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank maxwell324
Dear Maxwell,

Thank you so much for your time, I really do appreciate. Glad to read that we were able to meet your expectations, as our guests' satisfaction is our priority. On behalf of my team, I would like to thank you for your trust and we are all looking forward to your next visit. In the meantime, I wish you all the best. Once again thank you. Friendly regards from El Gouna.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

By far the worst hotel i ever stayed in. Room was not clean, A/C makes sounds, maintenance has proven to be of a new low, reception responsiveness a disgrace, unwillingness to resolve any issues, etc... Unfortunately 200 words are not enough

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mohammed N
vlusci, General Manager at Dawar El Omda, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Mr. Mohamed,

I first of all would like to thank you for having taken the time to write your concerns about your stay in our hotel. We do take every single comment very seriously and always do our best to rectify any possible problem occurring during our guests’ holiday.

I would have very much appreciated to have the opportunity meeting you personally to discuss the issues you did face during your time with us; however note that, after having investigated the case with my Head of Department, I would like to feed you back as follows : on March 8 you have requested some items to be delivered in your room, which we did with immediate effect. Concerning the improper TV functioning, reported on March 9, we have informed you that, due to the heavy rain, all El Gouna was affected by the problem, which was regretfully totally out of our hands. The bad weather and heavy rain kept my whole team busy cleaning and re-cleaning the public areas, trying to avoid as much damages as possible, trying to keep all our guests safe and therefore room daily cleaning could not have done on March 10. I am really sorry to read that your expectations have not been fulfilled but I am convinced that you understand that the dramatic climatic conditions put us all on emergency state, obliged to deal with nature (force majeure).

Should you have any other question or if you would like to talk about your experience in a more detailed way, please do not hesitate contacting me by email (gm@dawarelomda-elgouna) or by calling the hotel and ask for me at any time. Thank you for your understanding and I do hope having the opportunity welcoming you again in our hotel.

Best regards.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

one of the most relaxing and romantic hotel:
very nice staff and they are sooooo helpful
food is awesome
very clean hotel
very friendly staff
and special thx to Ms.Veronique the GM of this lovely hotel
i recommend this hotel for everyone allover the world
thank you guys for making my trip just awesome :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Wagdy_Moustafa
vlusci, General Manager at Dawar El Omda, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear Mr. Wagdy,

Thank you so much for having taken the time to share online your experience at our hotel. All you comments are of a high value, as we consider them a very helpful tool to constantly improve our customer service. I am glad to read that we have been able to meet your satisfaction and stay at your disposal for any further information you may need. Looking forward to welcoming you soon again at Dawar El Omda Romantic Hotel, I thank you once again and send you my best wishes. Warm regards. Veronique Lusci, General Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

I was lucky to stay this time at Dawar El Omda hotel I've been to Gouna for 4 times before and I enjoy it every time .the hotel is cosy and the staff are very friendly .i travelled with my daughter and granddaughter we felt very comfortable and safe in this hotel. On the 2 nd day of our visit we rode a tok tok to the marina after we ate our lunch there we left to go back to our hotel while we were waiting for a tok tok to go back to our hotel I realized that I didn't have my iPad with me I then remembered that I might have forgotten it at the tok tok we took to the marina so I headed back to the hotel and the reception employee was very kind and helped me he phoned the company that owns the tok tok and asked him to help me find my iPad the driver of the tok tok had found the iPad and was looking for me and was heading to give it to the police station in case he didn't find us i was very happy and grateful we felt very safe and I thanked the reception employee for his help I really recommend that every one has to come to Gouna it's a lovely place and all ppl at our hotel were very friendly and helpful

Room Tip: Take a room overlooking the lagoon on the second floor
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kiapride
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I went to Dawar El Omda for a quick vacation that lasted 4 days. I thought the hotel is an old one from the photos I saw, but I was surprised to see all the hotel's furniture and amenities as new and very clean. The hotel has oriental style, located in the downtown area (less than 5 minutes walk to the restaurants, supermarkets and pharmacies too). All its rooms are overlooking the beautiful lagoon and has balconies.

Room was wide, has a flat TV, a wide balcony, coffee making amenities. Bathroom was clean, with clean towels, step shower and hair dryer.

Staff were very nice and friendly. Enjoyed the heated pool and the quit relaxing environment. And, I have to tell, that since I am back, I am recommending the hotel to everyone whom I know.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MarizAmin
Veronique L, General Manager at Dawar El Omda, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear guests,

We wish to thank you for having taken the time to write us in regards of your last stay at our hotel. It is a pleasure to hear that we were able to satisfy you, as we are doing our best to make all our guests happy. Your satisfaction is our main goal. All your comments are of a high value for us as we consider them important tools of improvement.

Should you need any kind of help, please feel free to contact us anytime.

Dear guests, allow us to thank you again and we are looking forward to welcoming you again in Dawar El Omda, El Gouna.

Best regards

Veronique Lusci, General Manager
Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I booked 7 days at this hotel based on reviews we had read and were not disappointed. It is a lovely small boutique hotel with lovely facilities and a short walk from the old town and bus station. We were put in a ground floor room behind the games area, it was very private and the room was clean and spacious and had a fridge which was useful for water bottles etc. The service provided by the cleaning staff was second to none with clean bedding and towels elaborately made into shapes daily was quite impressive. The breakfast was adequate and fresh omlets or eggs were cooked to order by the chef. The hotel has a small beach on the river however they do also have a beach island that is a short boat trip out, we spent one day here and found sunbeds easily. Dawar El Omda is a great spot for exploring El Gouna and we would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple